• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My cousin just got accepted!

2K6TBSS

More specifically, she just got her acceptance letter to Annapolis!!

She did a sponsored visit last summer, and today her acceptance letter came in the mail.

That's great news Jeff, she can't go wrong with attending any of the service academies........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

She wasn't really thinking about attending a service academy, until Annapolis contacted her. Then after she looked into it, Annapolis was her first choice.

That is quite an accomplishment. I am happy for both her, and yourself.

Congrats for your cousin! Make sure she gets a good sponsor when she gets to the Academy! PM me if she needs help, I know a couple very very good people who sponsor Cadet's. They still sponsor me and I'm not even in the service anymore :blush: They have the best tailgate parties!

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1293557472' post='1016324']
Congrats. What is her intended major?
[/quote]

She wanted to be a doctor, but now she has decided she wants to be a helicopter pilot, and also do something in the medical field in the armed services.

[quote name='stic2it' timestamp='1293580535' post='1016362']
Congrats for your cousin! Make sure she gets a good sponsor when she gets to the Academy! PM me if she needs help, I know a couple very very good people who sponsor Cadet's. They still sponsor me and I'm not even in the service anymore :blush: They have the best tailgate parties!
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I will be on contact when the time gets a bit closer. Her mom (my aunt) has a friend that graduated from Annapolis some time ago, and still knows people there. He took her on a "behind the scenes" tour when she did her sponsored visit last summer.

Congrats!! We used to leave near Annapolis and my family sponsored midshipmen. Our last one is still really close with our family and he flies Seahawks out of Jacksonville. Wish her luck and remind her it is tough but so worth it. They are right a good sponsor family makes a big difference ;)

Welcome her to the Navy family for us!

Congrats. As my wife said we used to live near Annapolis and sponsored a midshipmen. It is a tough 4 years, not sure I could do it, but I have a lot of respect for those that do.

That's great news...congratualtions to her. She is in store for a great adventure.