• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Day In Montreal.

I am Bumping this because:

Bald Head (Craig) and I are going to do a Ottawa 2 person herf on Thursday the 1st at 6. If anyone wants to come by, please feel free.

Also, I am going to go to Au Pied Cochon in Montreal suggested by Marco (I RSVP'd today) on Saturday night, and then:

Sunday I am looking for a good place to shop cigars, and I really only want to go to one or two places. Aside from the Whiskey Bar and Stogies, which I hope to go to as well, where is the best B&M in Montreal?

And,

Does anyone want to meet at Stogies that Sunday the 4th?

I am so sorry Doc will be out of town...

There are no good places to shop for cigars :( .

There are good places to look at cigars :) . I haven't been to the LCDH, but it is supposed to be good. I believe that you can still smoke in the Montreal LCDH.

If you're a pipe guy, Blatter & Blatter is probably worth a visit.

See you on the first!

There are good places to look at cigars :) . I haven't been to the LCDH, but it is supposed to be good. I believe that you can still smoke in the Montreal LCDH.

See you on the first!

Of course there are good places to shop for cigars! You just have to be willing to submit to the almighty Canadian Tobacco Tax Gods.

The LCDH has a fantastic selection and one of the most relaxing smoking lounges I've been to.

A PSD4 for $24 and a Cohiba Espledido for $65 is just something you have to accept when you live in Canada.

P

Hey Anthem,

I'll talk to my brother-in-law and see if he wants to make a little pilgrimage.

Where do you plan on going? Stogies? LCDH? BOTH!?!?

I'll message you when I know if I'll be going or not (still have to run it by my wife...lol)

Take care,

P

See you on the first!

Of course there are good places to shop for cigars! You just have to be willing to submit to the almighty Canadian Tobacco Tax Gods.

The LCDH has a fantastic selection and one of the most relaxing smoking lounges I've been to.

A PSD4 for $24 and a Cohiba Espledido for $65 is just something you have to accept when you live in Canada.

P

Hey Anthem,

I'll talk to my brother-in-law and see if he wants to make a little pilgrimage.

Where do you plan on going? Stogies? LCDH? BOTH!?!?

I'll message you when I know if I'll be going or not (still have to run it by my wife...lol)

Take care,

P

Paul,

I am going to go to LCDH for sure. I may go to Stogies if I can meet someone there. Otherwise I am with my wife and 3 other women :laugh:

What makes you think they're going to want you around, with Powerfuls Pierre and all those other Frenchmen within their grasp.

Doc.

Your first sentence contradicts your second! :laugh:

Kidding aside, I think that we both mean the same thing - at least for the moment. After all, Canada is committed to the elimination of tobacco, not just control or reduction of tobacco use. (As an aside, so is Cuba - which is why Fidel stopped smoking cigars. Good luck to both bureaucracies.)

You're also more than welcome to come up to Bacchus Cigar lounge (Hilton Lac-Leamy) up here in the NCR on the first. 18h00. No shopping though, just herfin' :cool:

... which reminds me - Anthem: what time will we be going until on the first?

An old college friend will be coming up that weekend - now to try and convince him and his new girlfriend of a road trip to Montreal on Sunday :whistling: .

What makes you think they're going to want you around, with Powerfuls Pierre and all those other Frenchmen within their grasp.

Doc.

Doc,

They will stay with me because of all you taught me :laugh:
Like the use of shock collars.

Craig,

We can herf until maybe 9 or 10. Starting at 6ish. I will be on vacation man, I just want to drink brown liquor and smoke expensive cigars :whistling: Whatever is good with me...even smoking cheap cigars and clear liquor!

<snip>
We can herf until maybe 9 or 10. Starting at 6ish. I will be on vacation man, I just want to drink brown liquor and smoke expensive cigars :whistling: Whatever is good with me...even smoking cheap cigars and clear liquor!
Excellent!

I've only got cheap cigars :whistling: You'll see what 'expensive cigars' really means at LCDH!

As for clear liquor - the Havana Club that they have there is pretty close to clear - I think it is the 3-year-old. Good decent stuff otherwise - just keep in mind to bring cab fare or a designated driver, a breathalyzer roadblock somewhere will be almost inevitable.

Which reminds me, I gotta give Bacchus a call and make sure that they'll be open! ???

Powerfuls Pierre

Hucky7.jpg

For you young fellas not familiar with Huckleberry Hound.

Doc.

Anthem,

Talked to my brother-in-law and he's in for a good herf in Montreal!

And don't worry, you won't need any shock collars, we're just a couple of good old cigar-loving Canadians. We might have to fight our government for the right to enjoy our cigars, but we'll fight to the death!!

We can always hit both LCDH and Stogies if you want. The more chances we have to smoke indoors (against the law in Ontario), the better.

I'll PM you with my contact info.

P

You're also more than welcome to come up to Bacchus Cigar lounge (Hilton Lac-Leamy) up here in the NCR on the first. 18h00. No shopping though, just herfin' :cool:

Hey,

Thanks so much for the invite but unfortunately we have a traditional annual family dinner on New Year's Day. There's nothing I'd love more than a good herf to celebrate the new year, but this is a huge event for our family.

Keep me in mind for next time though, I'd love to join in!

P

Paul,

What great news.

I am bringing over some stuff for Craig, about 60 sticks, and I will probably bring 20 to 30 for myself.

I am sure you know the "rules" about amounts allowed, I am not very concerned with being a little over. If there is annything you or your brother want to try or need I can probably still get ahold of it for you.

I would suggest a 1:00/1:30 meeting at LCDH for some quick shpoong and a short smoke, then off to Stogies where we can have cocktails and continue. I may have the wife meet us at Stogies at 6 p.m. where we would be off to diner with friends.

I am playing this vacation pretty loose, so feel free to make other suggestions.

PM me with any other info you feel needed.

Recent (today!) review of LCDH in Montreal: http://www.gadling.com/2008/12/22/light-up-in-montreal/

Pics below are from the Montreal tourism site: http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/What-To-D...casa-del-habano
la-casa-del-habano_2.jpg
la-casa-del-habano.jpg

Paul: We try to get out to Bacchus a bit more often in the colder weather, every three-four weeks or so.

Hey Craig,

This is exactly what I meant when I said that LCDH was such a great place. Those old leather couches and chairs are so incredibly comfortable. I think my favourite thing about going to Casa is the aroma. Even when you walk up the stairs outside you can smell the wonderful aroma of cigars and cigar smoke. It gets you in the mood right away.

I know I can't attend the New Year's Day herf, but let me know next time you guys get together, I'd love to join in!

Paul

S U P E R S E X Y

Don't ask just go. Ask for the 2 girl show in the back room, tell'em Mike sent ya. :whistling: :laugh:

Wow I didn't realize cigar prices were so outrageous in Montreal! Guess I'll have to bring tons of cash when I go home next month!

I cannot wait my Canadian brothers!

Just a few days away and I am Herfing in Ottawa and a little over a week and I am in Montreal.

Get ready for some Padrons and suprises Craig.

Get ready for some Tat and Peppin heaven Paul.

This Michigander is a' comin!

I cannot wait my Canadian brothers!

Just a few days away and I am Herfing in Ottawa and a little over a week and I am in Montreal.

Get ready for some Padrons and suprises Craig.

Get ready for some Tat and Peppin heaven Paul.

This Michigander is a' comin!
Oh, I'm ready :whistling: .

On the other hand, you should get ready to be blowed up real good ???

This bald bastard is going to have to buy a new humidor with all the Padron's he has got me bringing him :laugh:

I am 2 hours off the plain and already into the Hilton and smoking cigars on Thursday with a BOTL. What a great day!