• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My dog died in last night

So sorry for your loss. Good Dog Henry's been with me eight years now, and he was around five when he found his forever home with me. We're both a lot grayer around the muzzle now, and I dread the day we say goodbye. :oops:

~Boar

So sorry to hear of this. Losing a member of one's family is never easy, especially when the one that passes has four legs and covered in fur. We have three dogs, and three cats and I can only imagine. Sad indeed. I can understand people wanting to immediately fill that void by purchasing/adopting a new pet. I would suggest giving it some time to allow the whole process to heal itself before diving into another furry friend. What type of breed was your dog, just curious?

Amazing how quickly they worm their way into your heart and how quickly they seem to leave...

Oh this hits home even more now, our schnauzer, Samson, will be 10 this year and has slowed significantly, but we hope he still has many years left with us. They have such personality that I can imagine that's quite the loss around the house... again, thoughts and good wishes with you...

Edit for Grammar

We lost our dog last year. Rambo was a stray who adopted us 12 years ago while we were moving into our little cabin on the lake.

He was a member of the family and I'm still not over it. I'm not sure I'll ever have another one.

I feel ya. For me, part of it is that Jaden was such a good dog, I'm worried that if I get another one, it won't quite measure up and I'd end up regretting it.

Lost a pet last summer and her brother will be 19 come May. It's tough but somehow you'll find another and it won't be a replacement but a continuation.

I feel ya. For me, part of it is that Jaden was such a good dog, I'm worried that if I get another one, it won't quite measure up and I'd end up regretting it.

Johnny, I feel the same way! My buddy Wyatt went after 12 years (English bully) and I know there will never be another bully like him, PERIOD!! I know myself well enough to know, I'd hang that on a new English, and it wouldn't be fair. Take time, and when it's right, pull the trigger. Life is to short to live w/o a dog!!!! Feelin' yer pain......

Floyd T.