• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Cigar

You're a life saver!

Of course I 100% agree, But this is my first cigar, and if I don't like it, then it would be a waste you know? So if I'm still liking them by my 4-5th cigar I'll make the investment

You just might HATE your first cigar, so you shouldn't make a decision based on the first, second or third cigar you try. After this first try, you will know a tiny bit more, but you won't know jack $#%! yet. :)
You should plan on trying several cigars of many varieties. I know from my experience, which is still *fresh* in my memory, your experiences and tastes will likely change quickly over the first several months to a year. This will probably depend on how often you smoke.

So an investment in good "tools" will make the experience more enjoyable. It is an "experience" or hobby as I like to call it. So enjoy it, immerse yourself in it. Be one with the leaf ;)

But by all means, have a good time! Good luck.

Next time, either have them cut it for you or you do it and they can show you how. Either way, they should have cutters there, for your use.

This time of year especially, I recommend moistening the cap in your mouth, or by running it under water for a few seconds before cutting the cap if you live in a colder/dry climate. This will help prevent the wrapper from splitting if it's a little dry when you go to smoke it.

Order an inexpensive cutter and lighter online until you decide if this is for you. If you enjoy your first few cigars check out the newbie sampler thread on here. It'll be worth your time and money.

Next time just cut it at the cigar shop after you buy it. Tell them you are a new cigar smoker, don't own a cutter yet and I am sure they would even show you how it's done.

Next time just cut it at the cigar shop after you buy it. Tell them you are a new cigar smoker, don't own a cutter yet and I am sure they would even show you how it's done.
Sadlyyy this isn't a true cigar shop, it's a wine and beer place with cigars in a sectioned place. // But I found a smoke shop so I'll be going there

From the pic you posted it looks like it either has beetle damage or just wrapper damage. Can you see what I'm talking about?

So the wrapper isn't damaged?
No it was perfectly sealed but I took it out to smell it (It smells so good) and I put it in my room that's always 50-60° (I have a cold so I have a humidifier) in a zip lock baggy, going to smoke it tomorrow with my father

No it was perfectly sealed but I took it out to smell it
"Wrapper" is the outer leaf on the cigar. The plastic-like packaging is cellophane. Just FYI, as the way I read your answer, it sounded as if you may have confused the two.

Enjoy the smoke!

"Wrapper" is the outer leaf on the cigar. The plastic-like packaging is cellophane. Just FYI, as the way I read your answer, it sounded as if you may have confused the two.

Enjoy the smoke!
Whoops I did for sure..
I relocked at it there is a few little small marks but I'm sure that it'll be fine