• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Cuban

"You sure that Cohiba was real? For me, Cohibas are some of the most well balanced sticks on the planet. I've never had a Cuban turn me green... only ever really happened to me with some very unbalanced NCs"

It was absolurtely real.. I know a guy who has a cousin in Miami who hangs out with a dude who has relatives in Cuba, one of which has an Aunt who's Brother-in-Law works as a janitor at the El Laguito factory and he sent the stick to the guy in Miami. So yeah, I know it was real :laugh:

Seriously, though, it was as real as I can verify it to be. I'm a nicotine girly-man. I can't handle Cohibas, or Opus either. Fortunately I don't care for the profile on either brand so I don't figure I'm missng anything. that's why I stick to mostly Coronas and smaller. I love a good cigar, but for some reason the nicotine really hits me hard.

Now that I've explained that, can someone pass me my Macanudo?

Oh and Andrew, that word was inserted there solely for your reading pleasure.......you never disappoint Bro, LOL.

Seriously, though, it was as real as I can verify it to be. I'm a nicotine girly-man. I can't handle Cohibas, or Opus either. Fortunately I don't care for the profile on either brand so I don't figure I'm missng anything. that's why I stick to mostly Coronas and smaller. I love a good cigar, but for some reason the nicotine really hits me hard.

A lot of people don't like nic bombs, myself included... I'm a big Mac fan :)

But Scott, are you sure it wasn't fake? There's no way anything other than a NC cigar could do this to you, don'tcha know!

You sure it wasn't fake?

Really?

:sign:

"You sure that Cohiba was real? For me, Cohibas are some of the most well balanced sticks on the planet. I've never had a Cuban turn me green... only ever really happened to me with some very unbalanced NCs"

It was absolurtely real.. I know a guy who has a cousin in Miami who hangs out with a dude who has relatives in Cuba, one of which has an Aunt who's Brother-in-Law works as a janitor at the El Laguito factory and he sent the stick to the guy in Miami. So yeah, I know it was real :laugh:

Now that I've explained that, can someone pass me my Macanudo?

Oh and Andrew, that word was inserted there solely for your reading pleasure.......you never disappoint Bro, LOL.

I just smoked my first cuban, a Montecristo #4. A buddy brought it back from Canada for me. Holy smokes (literaly)!!! I have got to get my hands on a more of these!!! Smooth, rich, flavourful, might be time to load up the wallet, and go for a road trip. The only problem I had is no cigar sized roach clip for the damn thing.

Vic, if you get those in canada your going to get jacked twice.......once, when you buy them.....twice, when the customs take the smokes and your car. Your such a KNUCKLEHEAD! :rolleyes:

You know where you can get those from. :whistling:

LOL, let's just put it this way. If it was fake there is a guy at CF who would be VERY suprised and a vendor who would be in MUCHO trouble. Like I said I'm as sure as I can be without flying to a faraway place and buying it myself.....but even then, can you really be sure. hmmmmm

FF,

I guess you got a bad one... it happens once in a while... have you smoked anymore since your first one?

Seriously though, once you go Cuban there is no going back... unless you are in denial or have dead taste buds :D :D
...see, I'm going to respectfully disagree here. Are there good Cuban cigars...? Well, hell yes....but there are LOUSY ones, too. I really enjoy most Boli's, SLR's, PLPC's, CoRo's, RASS, etc. but I also like Anejos, PAM64's, Opies, etc. There are lots of great cigars that are not from the "forbidden island". Keep your tastes and opinions open and enjoy the wonderful variety that's out there.

One word on a road trip - last time I was in Canada, the guy at the smoke shop (where I was picking up my ISOMs) told me that "....if customs catches you coming back to the US with five or more Cuban cigars, they can confiscate your car....". I don't know if it was bull s#!t or not but it's food for thought..... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

you guys may have missed the laughing smiley's :cool:

Yes, I've tried a few more but they are just too strong for me. It's the girlie-man factor I guess. :blush:

I'm actually puffing on a no. 4 right now. I really like these. My girlfriend brought me back a box from Cuba. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff but I really like it. I like the small size too. It's a little more affordable and it's not like lighting up a churchill sized cigar, you're committed for a long time (at least I am). I also like that they're small enough so I don't feel like I have to share. I will definately be keeping these in stock. As a side note, I just found out a friend out mine committed suicide. As a celebration of his life and as a reminder of all the reasons I have to be happy in my life, I lit one up tonight.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Enjoy that Monte 4. They are phenomenal

Yeah they really are very good.....I had another tonight. It was great too! I better slow down. Then someone mentioned cigarbid.com I need to get another job now....this is very very bad. :)