• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My FIRST Humidor! (pics)

CyBeRDiVeR

Well, I finally choose my first humidor! Thanks to all the great posts that I've read here on the forum, I think I have made the right choice.

I chose a 300 count from Tampa Humidor. Fortunately, I live close enough to Tampa that I was able to jump on my bike and ride up there to pick it up. Oh, and just in case anyone tells you that you can't fit a 300 count humidor on the back of a motorcycle, YOU CAN! This was my first trip to Tampa Humidor, but not my last. Great people up there, extremely helpful and friendly and a beautiful store to boot!

I have been working on getting it seasoned for the past few days, and I think it's getting pretty close. I think that living in SW Florida, it gives me a little edge in this department, as our RH at any given time is right around 70 - 85%. Right now our outside humidity is 84%.

In any case, here are a couple of pics of my new humi. Now I just need to start filling it. I have a small bunch of sticks waiting to go in that I have been keeping in my camera's pelican case. Can't wait to move them into their new home!

humidor2.jpg

humidor.jpg

Looks great. Now to wait a few months for pics of your second much larger humi.

Trust me you'll be there before you know it.

Great looking Humi! Next should be a cigarbid membership. It will fill quickly!!

That is one heck of a sharp looking first Humidor... congrats. It's funny how right now a 300 count sounds like it will take forever to fill, and in no time Bfreebren's little joke ends up being all too true. Enjoy building the stash.

Very nice humi,really big.
Especially loved the glass top.

Well, so far, I have received the EXACT feedback that I expected! Basically...... "YOUR GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT!!" LOL, Actually, as a newbie to cigar smoking, I was looking at a 50-75 count, then a 100-150 count, then a 200 count, and all the posts that I read on the forums kept haunting me until I picked this one! I actually had a nice 200 count at the register ready to pay, and I told the guy at Tampa Humidor, "If I can try the 300, and it fits on the back of my bike, I'll take it!" Well, it's like my bike was MADE to have a 300 on the back, so there she is! Good thing I couldn't fit one of those large display ones on the back or my wife wouldn't have let me in the house! LOL

Well, so far, I have received the EXACT feedback that I expected! Basically...... "YOUR GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT!!" LOL, Actually, as a newbie to cigar smoking, I was looking at a 50-75 count, then a 100-150 count, then a 200 count, and all the posts that I read on the forums kept haunting me until I picked this one! I actually had a nice 200 count at the register ready to pay, and I told the guy at Tampa Humidor, "If I can try the 300, and it fits on the back of my bike, I'll take it!" Well, it's like my bike was MADE to have a 300 on the back, so there she is! Good thing I couldn't fit one of those large display ones on the back or my wife wouldn't have let me in the house! LOL

Give it some time. After you do go bigger...and eventually you will, I bet she will be nice enough to let you sleep on the couch. :laugh:

Great looking Humi! Next should be a cigarbid membership. It will fill quickly!!

Ahh yes, I have already been introduced to the "Devil's Site" and have received my FIRST delivery! I check it daily, and I'm sure they will be getting some more of my business! Thanks for the tip though!

Hey Cyberdiver. I have two of those. They're phenomenal for my everydays. I custom modified the front to have digital hygros. If you outgrow yours, you have a buyer ;). Beads on the bottom and in a tube on the top. Maintains a rock solid 66-68 at all times.

They're beautiful pieces of furniture to boot. If anyone wants a source of these at an obscene price, PM me.

Edit: Welcome to CP, enjoy your stay.

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when after being here for 2 months my cabinet humi showed up on our front step. :D

Beads on the bottom and in a tube on the top. Maintains a rock solid 66-68 at all times.

Can you tell me how much beads you used, and what type? And the tube also? I have a jar of the gel coming from CI today, so I was going to start with that. I have been reading lots of good things about the beads though. I have taken ALL the humidification devices out of my humi and it's still sitting at 85% after a few hrs. If I start loading it with cigars, will that bring the RH down a little?

Can you tell me how much beads you used, and what type? And the tube also? I have a jar of the gel coming from CI today, so I was going to start with that. I have been reading lots of good things about the beads though. I have taken ALL the humidification devices out of my humi and it's still sitting at 85% after a few hrs. If I start loading it with cigars, will that bring the RH down a little?

Yes, it will bring down the humidity significantly - especially since you'll have it open for a bit while placing them all in.

I use about 1.5ish pounds of the 70% beads. That's to omany, but it keeps me from having to re-hydrate them often. I get them from Heartfelt Industries. The owner is a member of this board - viper139. Definitely good people.

I put about a pound and half on the bottom shelves using the sleeve/sock/bag things they have. I then put a 4 ounce tube on the top shelf. I put an Oust fan on the second shelf aiming upwards.. Seems to work wonders for me. I don't like my cigars at 70, but I like them slightly higher than 65. I keep a Diamond Crown hygrometer on the top and one of the little round ones near the window at the bottom. Bottom stays about 67-68, top stays about 66-67. I usually dry box my cigars a little while before smoking.

You need any other help with your humi, PM me. I really do love that model.

Nice looking piece. I have not even been here a year and I am on my 3rd humidor. 5 or so more boxes and I have to get an even bigger one!! Its all in good fun though.

Very Nice humi! Might have to look into one of these!

They're beautiful pieces of furniture to boot. If anyone wants a source of these at an obscene price, PM me.

I would, PM sent, please reply! -Brad

That is a very nice humidor. How about some pictures after you fill it up.

That is a very nice humidor. How about some pictures after you fill it up.

I'm working on it the best I can. Like I said, I am a newbie to cigars, but in the past few weeks, I have managed to obtain approx 60 or so that I have loaded into the humi. I will post pics once I get it filled up.