• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first ISOM

Triple_D

Triple_D
RyJ_Churchill.jpg

I am a FedEx courier. Last week My first delivery was to a man that was very happy to get his package. He informed me that enclosed in the box was a box of RyJ cubans. Being an ISOM virgin I stopped in my tracks and asked him if I could purchase one. He opened the seal of the box and pulled out a stick and handed it to me with a Merry Christmas wish. I now have it sitting in my humidor. Should I let it sit for a while. I was wanting to start the new year with a ISOM. Should I V-cut it, clip it, or punch it? This will be my fist and I want it to be perfect.

I'm going to let one of the FOGs chime in on the care & feeding of your new pet, but I wanted to say:

You Lucky SOB! :)

I'm fairly new to ISOMs myself. My advise is not to smoke it, it may ruin your life and your credit cards.

You Lucky SOB! :)

Believe me It made my whole day. Think of it. It's Christmas time so here I am with 170 packages to deliver and the very first one I score a cuban! Not to mention when I got home I had a bomb from Lumberg, and Gurkha's from CB all waiting in the mail. The only thing missing from the day was a naked chick answering the door. lol! it happens!

I do not like v-cuts because I don't like smoking a cigar and eating bits of chopped up tobacco. Clip it or punch it.

Personally, I'd smoke it ASAP!! :D

Sunday paper, pot-o-coffee, RyJ Churchill and the front porch. :thumbs:

I would say;

Clip it. . .not tar buildup or harshness at the end of the smoke that way.

Smoke it now. . . it will be wonderful and you will love it.

Hence. . . .the care of it is not an issue, since it probably won't last two weeks otherwise.

And. . . ENJOY IT! ! !

HAPPY SMOKES! ! ! !

STEVE

It should be nice and stabilized and smoke great by New Years. Great timing. Definitely clip it and light it with cedar spills. You must treat a fine Havana right :D

My first ISOM was a RyJ too :love:

I'm a big RyJ slut anyway but the ISOM was fantastic! Definitely one of the best smokes I've ever had.

I'll Be their right with ya I have a Romeo & Julieta Celestiales Finos just waiting for me. This I have picked to be my first ISOM, I think ill wait till new years toooo

Triple_D said:
9 days left and I'll have to change my signature!! :thumbs:
you mean to RyJ Wh*re?

:sign:

have gotten 2, smoked one am saving the other.
This has to be my fave. ISOM churchill (out of the few I have tried).
smoke it! carpe diem and all that good stuff.

as for the cut? ...
I like V cuts and clipping the end off.
my recc. is for the clip off for this one.

:thumbs:

sir-smokes-a-lot Posted on Dec 23 2003, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (Triple_D @ Dec 23 2003, 04:41 AM)
9 days left and I'll have to change my signature!!

you mean to RyJ Wh*re?

I may have to check my options before jumping on that one. :p

Congratulations. That's a wonderful story. And what an incredibly nice gesture by the guy! WOW! :)

BTW: Thats an awesome smoke- one of my fav's.... I mean RyJ Churchill- its said to be one of the best, and the one most (if not all) others are measured by. Awesome first Isom.

Here what'cha do... Smoke it New years eve or New years day (your choice)

CLIP IT, don't punch it, and for god sakes- don't ruin it by V clipping it. Clip the end off nice and thin. Roast the end, let it catch, when it gets all lit, and you see its starting to ash (grey), blow out (yes OUT) the first time.... then wait a few seconds and puff in the magical goodness of cuban leaf!

I gotta go smoke something now!

:thumbs: Toaster