• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first P2

Great King Rat

I recently had my first P2, and the hype on this stick was well deserved until I hit the half way mark!

Cigar had a beautiful rich brown wrapper with minor veins and no soft spots; much darker than my recently bought PSD4s. Pre-light aroma was coca and cedar. Easily light up with good draw. Cigar was fantastically flavorful and smooth, somewhat sweet, earthy and developed into Spice, some wood, somewhat floral, a lot of flavor, complex for sure. Burn required 1 touchup (I blame this on my friends lighter – flames from hell :laugh: ). As I said before P2 Started with spice and cream, and melded its way into earth and wood and Havana twang, boy I was in heaven for the first half. The last half started to get harsh and little ammonia came through. Perhaps, I was smoking it to fast. After few purges the ammonia taste went away. However, the flavor completely changed to charred wood and nothing more. This was a young cigar so it might not have matured completely. I was ready to pull the trigger when I was smoking the first half; it was the best Partagas I had ever smoked. However, the second half put doubts in my head.

I need to smoke few more before I go that route. Anyone have any extra ones I could try out? :whistling:

I would urge you not to give up on these. I smoked my first in Paris a few weeks ago and it was great the whole way. Flavor did change from somewhat spicey to creamy coffee about midway, but never a hint of ammonia or the slightest harshness. I've since smoked another since and it was just as good. Now the trick is to let some of thes rest for a good long time.

Is this the one you got from me? Or am I thinking of the wrong person ??? Either way, I think they are great cigars and must be going into a sick period. They were very approachable when young though. I haven't smoked one in about a month and should revisit them soon.

cvmfour said:
Is this the one you got from me? Or am I thinking of the wrong person ??? Either way, I think they are great cigars and must be going into a sick period. They were very approachable when young though. I haven't smoked one in about a month and should revisit them soon.
[snapback]245595[/snapback]​

I sure did get this from you. They must be starting to get sick.
As I said, the first half was heaven on earth. The second half was all wood and nothing else. I also had a RASS few days back (not from you) and that cigar went south of the border on the second half as well. I thought when cigars go through sick period they get muted all the way through out the stick.

Lately, I have been having bad luck. ???

I will for sure pickup a 5 pack of the P2s soon. Hopefully on a group buy. Hint :p

mrjinglesusa said:
ree ree robusto said:
Let it age.  That PSP 2 will be a winner!  ;)
[snapback]245698[/snapback]​

Agreed. I'm not touching mine until next year.
[snapback]246443[/snapback]​

You just need a 10ct. box for smoking now :thumbs:

I'm not enamored by these, give me a PSD4 any day of the week instead.

Gregor

Recently I have been having bad luck with PSD4's as well.

They tasted pretty nasty. I questioned the source. However, FOGs tell me that the source I got the cigars from is not the issue.

So urge to try one, I just got a box just let it rest awhile. I am stopping myself to pick up ny lighter

DC