• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"My first Pass Ever" Pass

vewyphishy said:
Currently, many of the older members either have their own pass traveling around, or are participating in a few. Because of this, they don't want to overextend themselves with too many passes.

I think above all, many FOGs have stopped playing in passes, at least public or open invite ones, due to some of the past drama that has occurred, especially with newbies. This isn't to condemn you or anything... just letting you know what's going on. ???
I fully understand.I did notice the other trades going on, and kind of figured that might be part of it. I realize that People who have been Burned will be cautious. That's just common sense.
Thats why I poted that the "old timers " will be keeping an eye on this one. :D
For us newbies this is a chance to start developing a reputation. :thumbs:

Bill

Currently, many of the older members either have their own pass traveling around, or are participating in a few. Because of this, they don't want to overextend themselves with too many passes.

I think above all, many FOGs have stopped playing in passes, at least public or open invite ones, due to some of the past drama that has occurred, especially with newbies. This isn't to condemn you or anything... just letting you know what's going on.

I'm not sure I really agree with ya phishy. I think there are as many reasons that people do not participate in passes as there are members. Since I've been very active around here, I've gotten to know quite a few people and they have many specific reasons or personal circumstances that tip the scales against them getting involved.

In my case, I look at the starting line up of cigars and if nothing really interests me, I'll "pass" on the pass. Others are pretty much only stocking their humidors with Havanas or high-end stuff, etc. or are just plain too busy with their personal lives, kids, wives or whatever to get involved in yet another pass. I gotta admit, the novelty of passing kind of wears off after a while.

So based on all that, I was going to "pass" on this pass but instead:

SIGN ME UP

I ain't too good, nor too busy, nor too cigar-snobby nor too uptight to get involved :p

CCat, you my friend, are correct as well... I was just generalizing. In no way are my reasons all-inclusive. Everyone has their own reasons. I was just stating that more often than not, the reasons I listed might be their reasons too. :)

Oh, I knew that :)

I just wanted to toss in my two cents as well which in most cases isn't even worth that :p

coventrycat86 said:
Oh, I knew that :)

I just wanted to toss in my two cents as well which in most cases isn't even worth that :p
Must be that yankee exchange rate. :D

I totally understand about people worried about getting burned. I think it is a privelege to be able to participate. I wont be offended if any of you want to put it to a vote or anything.

I like the selection so far, a lot of smokes that I haven't tried yet. Fortunately, I have been buying 5 packs pretty consistantly from cbid, and am getting a nice stash. I just received a package today with a few different Trilogy brand sticks.

Looking forward to hopefully doing this pass or another sometime this summer.
JV

Paul,

I'll play.

You can put me in at the end and I can hand deliver the box. ;)

All right..

Thanks for coming on board CoventryCat86 (I am orig. from Suffield, CT & still have family up in CT..just looked at your profile)

You to Geldor1 (I'll put you one the end since your a stones throw away now)

I understand others may have other reasons for not joining...I was looking no hoping a few members that have a larger selection of cigars & the time to participate would sign up, thats not to say that some of the new members on the board don't have a nice selection of cigars in thier own humidors, but just happen to be new to the boards.

Anyway..let me post a list of current participants

Paul

Just curious - When are we planning to start this?

Ok Folks,

I updated the Cigar List & Current Pass Players

I would like to have 15 total players.

The pass players is not the pass order I will put the pass order once the slots are filled.

Thanks

Paul

In case anyone tries to get ahold of me, I will be out of town starting Monday afternoon, returning on Saturday. Heading up to Michigans U/P for a little vacation.
Im sure I will be checking my emails etc.....
Have a great week, looking forward to the pass coming up soon!
JV GO PISTONS!

Hey folks. I'll be gone today and tomorrow. Going to Charlotte, NC on business. Going to stop off at JR's in Statesville to browse around. :D

Ok those on the List can you please PM me with your address if it is not in your profile so I can establish the pass list

2 more slots left for the taking :)

Thanks

Rnccen

Looking good.
Think your going to start in early June Like planned?