• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my first Rocky Patel

tlojak41

Hi all. Just bought and lit up my first Rocky Patel. Its a vintage 2003 cameroon. Got to say, other than the wrapper being cracked right at thw cap, I'm enjoying the hell out of this so far. Its a nice medium body smoke, nice draw and so far an even burn. Any on else have good experiences with this one, or recommend something similar? Love to hear what is said and what is suggested. Let me know!

I haven't had that one, but I do like Cameroon wrappers. They do tend to be fragile, though. Enjoy!

This is actually a good smoke in my limited experience, I've had a handful of the toro and they were actually tasty.

tlojak41 said:
Hi all. Just bought and lit up my first Rocky Patel. Its a vintage 2003 cameroon. Got to say, other than the wrapper being cracked right at thw cap, I'm enjoying the hell out of this so far. Its a nice medium body smoke, nice draw and so far an even burn. Any on else have good experiences with this one, or recommend something similar? Love to hear what is said and what is suggested. Let me know!

Good to hear!
I've got 5 or 10 Rocky Patel Nordings sitting in my humidor.

I like the Decade, and the Connecticut is always good for when I just want something to smoke while sitting out and reading or something of the sort.  I haven't had the Cameroon, however.

It's been a long time since I've had a Rocky, but I remember the OWR's being decent.

I've had several different RP's that have been good sticks.

I used to smoke the Vintage 1990's.  "Used to" being the operative phrase here.... :laugh:

I've enjoyed some RP cigars in the past, but his business shenanigans have left me cold. I mean, what do expect from a former entertainment lawyer? He just too unctuous for me. There are cigar makers more deserving of my money.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
I've enjoyed some RP cigars in the past, but his business shenanigans have left me cold. I mean, what do expect from a former entertainment lawyer? He just too unctuous for me. There are cigar makers more deserving of my money.

Doc

You mean "Gloria", right? :love:

And what might you be insinuating about Gloria?

Doc

Devil Doc said:
And what might you be insinuating about Gloria?

Doc
Only that she is more deserving of your money, and her cigars taste a bit saltier in the summer months...

I don't smoke anything RP. Far too many better smokes out there than his stuff.

well, im new to this, and willing to try just about anything right now. but i still have my nubs to fall back on. I did enjoy the RP, except for the huge split up at the cap, but cant blame the cigar as much as the storage i think. could be wrong.

I smoked a lot of RP when I first started out with cigars. His decade is about the only good one I like. If you haven't tried out the noob sampler I would do that. It'll give you a variety of sticks and help you branch out.