• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first son was born!

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
Sunday July 22 at 2:19 pm our first kid (Micah) was born weighing 7 pounds 4 oz and 19.5 inches long.

100_0650.jpg

Saturday we spent all day at hospice (the wife's uncle died while we were there) and by the time we got home at midnight, she went into labor. After being awake for 40 hours, and her labor being 12 hours, the baby's heart rate went wildly out of control...they wanted to c-sec but ran out of time. They gave her oxygen and went in with forceps and pulled him out. When they did, they cut the cord immediately and started looking him over. The wife then had massive bleeding and it took them an hour to stitch up. We spent 5 days in the hospital and she got 2 transfusions. They said there may have also been problems with the boy but everything is fine now. Just got home yesterday and has been non-stop insanity! May have to wait a couple of weeks before smoking the celebratory cigars (thank you orangeman :thumbs: ) Definately weird when you're lucky to have a minute to eat and take a dump! Many thanks to God for getting us through this. Probably won't be on CP much the next few weeks. D'OH!

Congrats, glad all is well now! Enjoy your very few moments of sleep! :laugh:

Yikes, do you have Kaiser or something? They always seem to botch up a lot of procedures from my experience. But I digress..... Congrats on the new addition to the family, and I hope your wife has a speedy recovery. She will be pretty sore for a few weeks, I imagine.

Fantastic news! Congratulations! I'm glad Momma and Baby Boy are well!

Congratulations, glad you are all doing ok.

Brian

Very cute! Hopefully that expression he has on his face wasn't aimed at you lighting up a stoge in the delivery room :D

Congrats bro!

Okay, so how does one un-read something like this?

I can't have this possibility in my mind when (someday) my wife gets all bulgey and plump, it'll ruin me..

Perhaps if I have more beer, and wish you the best brother. I've done alot of talking about fatherhood and it all seems to boil down to 'the toughest job you'll ever love'

Congratulations,
Rob

Glad to hear everything went well, and hope it continues along that same path.

Congrats!

Congratulations!

When my first was born there were a few complications and he spent the first week of his life in the NICU. He's the biggest, toughest, strongest 4 year old in town now! :laugh:

Glad all is well! Good luck to you and your family. Sleep and eat when you can!

:)

Congratulations! The birth of my first and only child in November of 2006 was the penultimate event in my life to marrying my wife. It's a life changing experience that deserves every bit of your attention and patience.

I am happy for you and your wife that everything has worked out for the best. Enjoy the sleep you manage to get in coming weeks. My only advice is to fully enjoy each day and the progress your son will make during every one of them. My son just started crawling this week. It's both a gift and curse! He's mobile and destined to get into plenty of things that he shouldn't in the coming months and years!

Your BOTL,

Rob

Congrats!
Glad everything worked out in the end!

Condolences on your wife's uncle!

-Rob