• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My latest ISOM sampler = Any good?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
My most recent isom sampler is on its way :thumbs:
Some of these I have never tried- wanted to know what you guy's opinions of these were.

Bolivar Royal Corona <- had the Beli's, now out of stock, settled for Corona
Sancho Panza Belicoso <- had 1 gifted to me, I remember it being very good?
Partagas Series D #4 <- Have had these, they're excellent
Monte #2 <- what can I say? 1 word = AWESOME.
Cohiba Robusto = NEVER TRIED THESE BEFORE
Vegas Robainia Famosa = NEVER TRIED THESE BEFORE
H Upmann Especiales = NEVER TRIED THESE BEFORE

Opinions welcomed.

Toaster, I am a newbie. I have had a few of those and will comment on the ones I have had.

Cohiba Robusto- Very consistant! Nice smoke, the ones I have had have a few burn problems, but, that could have just been the batch I had. I recomend smoking them on the dry side to prevent any burn problems.

Monte #2- Just smoke it, they are the BEST. At this point I would like to say I recomend smoking ALL cubans on the dry side, they tend to burn better and draw better for me!

Vegas Robano Famoso- is what I think you are talkin about, I have had only one of these and they are VERY good.

SD4's- You have had one so you know, these are GREAT, hands down.

Phil

I have to admit, I am not as a big of fan of the Bolivars as some on this site. Still a decent cigar though and you can't go wrong.

Excellent cigar. Much underated as a good ISOM.

What more needs to be said? One of the best robusto's around.

No argument. A great cigar.

Have one in my humi settling - will be my first one and I am looking forward to it ;)

One of my favorite ISOM's actually. I think these are way underated. Excellent cigar! Reminds me I need to find more :p

Got me here - I haven't had this one either.

Sam

Toaster said:

Opinions welcomed.
Bolivar Royal Corona
Not a corona, instead a robusto. These were really good in the past. Some more recent ones are getting better, but age is a big determination on the experience of this vitola.

Sancho Panza Belicoso
A good belicoso, the cabinet versions are even better. IMHO

Partagas Series D #4
See comment on Bolivar Royal Corona.

Monte #2
Very important to judge these by their ages. The older the better. 15-20 years of age are excellent. Newer ones need some time to mature. 99-00's are worthless, IMHO.

Cohiba Robusto
Personally, there's not a better robusto made.

Vegas Robainia Famosa
A good robusto that is opften under-rated.

Believe it or not, me neither. It might be because I don't think there is such a thing. :)

Since 3 heavyweights have already sounded off there is no need for me to voice my opinions so I just have one question.

Are Cohiba Robustos known for burn problems because this has been my experience also. I keep them at 65% and let them dry for a few hours before I smoke them and still have burn problems ???

lucasbuck said:
Are Cohiba Robustos known for burn problems because this has been my experience also.
Only if they aren't "really" Cohiba robustos. ;)

I keep mine at 70 right now lucasbuck, I just leave the robusto out for a while (like 2-3 hours) and then spark it up. burns fine after that!!!!!

Phil

Well I must have just been unlucky then because I got mine from Mitchell. Oh well, they still taste great :D :thumbs:

Matt R said:
lucasbuck said:
Are Cohiba Robustos known for burn problems because this has been my experience also.
Only if they aren't "really" Cohiba robustos. ;)
You think yours are fake lucasbuck? Do they taste proper?

No way are they fake. I got them from Mitchell (CigarsLtd.) They are the real deal and are one of the VERY few cigars that I burn my poor fingertips on every single time :p :D :thumbs:

I'd send 'em back.

:sign: Just kidding!!!

Matt R said:
Believe it or not, me neither. It might be because I don't think there is such a thing. :)
Hmm... these are coming from a reputable source... you think they are fake's?

They are supposed to be 5 1/2 x 40, I just google'd "h upman especiales" and got TONS of hits from dealers selling with the same size specs? ???

My bad...they are a reality.. they are machine-made though.Probably why i haven't had any. Sorry to confuse anyone. :)

ROTFLMAO, you gotta be carefull with us newbies matt. Some will take your word as law!!!

LMAO,

Phil

SamGuss said:

One of my favorite ISOM's actually. I think these are way underated. Excellent cigar! Reminds me I need to find more :p

Sam
Sam, you ready for a new box already? :0

Matt R said:
My bad...they are a reality.. they are machine-made though.Probably why i haven't had any. Sorry to confuse anyone. :)
Machine made? The pages I saw said they were hand made!???? :0 :angry: :sign:

Toaster said:
Matt R said:
Machine made? The pages I saw said they were hand made!???? :0 :angry: :sign:
Never had an H Upmann Especiales. But all of my references say that they are a machine made cigar.

Wascal said:
SamGuss said:

Sam
Sam, you ready for a new box already? :0
:lookup:

As a matter of fact - YES, I am ready :p

The last ones I ended up gifting out half of them to friends smoking with me, and the otherhalf I smoked in record time for me :p

Let me know when your ready for more too and it's on ;)

Sam

lucasbuck said:
Since 3 heavyweights have already sounded off there is no need for me to voice my opinions...
Hmmmm...that's funny. I only counted 1. ;)