• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My little humidor grew up!

Turk10mm

Just smokin
Watcha think? How bout them brands of my initials that I did with my steak brander? I'm pretty pumped. I will hopefully getting my shipment from Heartfelt tomorrow or the next day so I can begin humidifying..

The top section is for box storage and the shelf blocks 90% of the blowing air. I have to get some trays for the middle section. It'll fit 8 trays in there for loose smokes..

I got a steal on ebay, so I got 4 oust fans coming for 14 bucks shipped and heartfelt is sending me a pound of 65% beads and 2 adjustable hygrometers.. I also got a weather station in route as well..

Wine-O-dor021.jpg

Wine-O-dor022.jpg

Wine-O-dor023.jpg

Wine-O-dor024.jpg

Nice looking setup, Turk. What are you going to use to control the fans? Separate timer, or....??

Regards - B.B.S.

Nice looking setup, Turk. What are you going to use to control the fans? Separate timer, or....??

Regards - B.B.S.

I have 4 oust fans coming, they'll just have d batteries in them and run on their own internal timing. 5 minutes on, 15 minutes off. I figure I'll just stick one in a corner next to the beads, turn it on and wait 10 minutes and put another one in another corner.. So I'll have 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off..

I have the same cooler as well, look at Mikes setup a few threads down, that's what I did as well where he runs the moisture back into the tray with beads, works awesome, just p;ug the hole in the back.

I used to have 2 oust fans and I hate them, i ended up buying 2 aguarium lighting fans for $25 each. I know it's more than a pc fan but it came already wired and even has a quick disconnect on the cable and a on/off switch. since then, my cooler is flawless 65/65

Hey, those are my initials to. Does that give me guest dibs?

Hey, those are my initials to. Does that give me guest dibs?

You show up at my house in Houston, and you can have guest dibs on my stash and we'll burn one on the porch over a glass of whiskey.

I have the same cooler as well, look at Mikes setup a few threads down, that's what I did as well where he runs the moisture back into the tray with beads, works awesome, just p;ug the hole in the back.

I used to have 2 oust fans and I hate them, i ended up buying 2 aguarium lighting fans for $25 each. I know it's more than a pc fan but it came already wired and even has a quick disconnect on the cable and a on/off switch. since then, my cooler is flawless 65/65

ACH! $25 bucks for fans? If anybody needs some just let me know I have a bunch of 12 volt fans I can send out. That is what I did in my vino. I just sliced in to the harness that feeds the fan the blows right on the heat sink. The fans only pull .3 amps so it is not taxing the power supply. The way the vino's electronics are set up both fans always spin at a low rate but when the active cooling kicks on the kick in to high. Seems to work great.

That's fantastic! My Thompson 40 count humidor is already to tight at 30. :whistling: I've definitely been looking into something like this the last few days. What kind of capacity do you expect to get out of it in regards to boxes and singles? A rough estimate is fine. :D

That's fantastic! My Thompson 40 count humidor is already to tight at 30. :whistling: I've definitely been looking into something like this the last few days. What kind of capacity do you expect to get out of it in regards to boxes and singles? A rough estimate is fine. :D

Well, I've measured that I can get 8 trays in the middle section, so about 250ish there. Then I have the top section which will hold boxes. I'm guessing 400 smokes maybe?

Some updated pics. Its primed for the filling. The temp and RH are off cause the door was open and I just wetted all the cedar down with distilled water.. So its really high RH currently.

I bought a bunch of trays, and some fans that are now routed through the back. The trays will get no direct moving air over anys smokes, so I feel that I'll be ok to store singles in the trays..

Wine-O-dor026.jpg

Wine-O-dor027.jpg

Dude! Your beads are glowing blue! You're not using the patented Lumberg Lo-Tox humidifying and temperature control solution (aka: anti-freeze) to condition them, are you?

Dude! Your beads are glowing blue! You're not using the patented Lumberg Lo-Tox humidifying and temperature control solution (aka: anti-freeze) to condition them, are you?

hahah.. those are lighted fans.. they look pretty slick with the lights off :)

Wine-O-dor028.jpg

Turk, where'd you get the trays? They're Spanish cedar, I presume.... The size looks good; I've been hunting and have only been able to find the wee ones at CheapHumidors.

Turk, where'd you get the trays? They're Spanish cedar, I presume.... The size looks good; I've been hunting and have only been able to find the wee ones at CheapHumidors.

those are the trays from cheap humidors.com. If they were 1/4 inch narrower, I'd be able to stack them two wide and 5 high. But alas, they are all 7 1/2 inches and the width of the humis is <15 inches

Thanks. I guess theirs are the only "reasonably" priced trays. I found others, but the pricing was more than double. I've placed a "make offer" with them for 40 trays (I have 3 full-size and 4 half-size cabinets that could use better organization for my singles). With any luck I'll get 'em.