• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My mom just broke her shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly....and if you bothered to read my post jarhead, you would notice I said sorry about limpy's mom.....oh....I forgot, you drink alot..... :laugh:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Exactly....and if you bothered to read my post jarhead, you would notice I said sorry about limpy's mom.....oh....I forgot, you drink alot..... :laugh:
[snapback]237965[/snapback]​

I agree with much of the stuff you post Lee, but you're pushing the limit here. Digging into Lumberg "on this particular thread" is classless.

However much you've tried to separate the comments about his mother vs the comments about him, it still sends a negative vibe...

Basically sounds like this.... "**** you, and hope your mom is ok." That doesn't sound all that great to me. But, it's your call.

Perhaps both you and Lumberg need a time out (1 week suspension)....

Forgot to add... Lumberg.. best wishes to your mother for a speedy recovery. It is good to hear that surgery can be avoided and the fracture can be treated conservatively.

Just to clarify for the slow brain types...

Even though limpy posts the unfortunate news about his mom, it in no way excuses his behavior towards the new guys and Todd on the HERF thread.

Like I said, limpy is famous for inserting foot in mouth, then posting a bunch of sympathy posts afterwards, to lessen the blow from his previous blunder.

No more excuses limpy! Post whatever you want, but you're gonna be reminded of your mistakes on every one of them, I can assure you. You need to apologize to Rod and the board of suffer the consequences.

Wow ... it must have been one tough lecture.

Good thoughts sent for your mom's recovery.

Ahh, I see. So when I say, "Up yours, I hope your assh0le feels better soon" that is OK. I gotcha. :p

Leebo8-9-8 said:
[snapback]237965[/snapback]​

No more excuses for Limpy....

AVB, we already know you're an a$$hole, that's old news.....isn't it cocktail hour for you?

Kartik, no one gives a rip what you think over here, carry it back to CF.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
AVB, we already know you're an a$$hole, that's old news.....isn't it cocktail hour for you?

Kartik, no one gives a rip what you think over here, carry it back to CF.
[snapback]238200[/snapback]​

Lee, I'm glad to see that you've become the self appointed CP spokesman. Time to get off your soap box and knock it off. Start a separate thread about lumberg if you want.

This thread is about his mothers accident, and nothing else. I've never had a problem with you and still dont. But continuing your attack on lumberg right now, is tantamount to kicking a man when he's down. It doesn't sit well with me, and a few others have said the same privately.

I'm aware of his attacks on newbies, his disrespectful comment to Rod, as well as the PG antifreeze incident, etc. etc. And I dont think any of those things have been forgotten; they've just been "tabled" for the moment.

Well guys I'm pretty drained but the situation is exponentially better now than even before.

My mom (she's 65 BTW, retiring in 10 weeks) was in agony all night with the Vicodin 7.5/500 for which they gave her a prescription. I made sure to pack some Ibuprofen cos I remember when I broke my elbow the docs at the ER gave me a script for that as well as the opiate PK.

I gave her 800mg IB and we gingerly got into the car.

BTW if you ever have a chance to interact with the Cahutauqua Institute or to stay at the Aetheneum hotel, don't hesitate. They were helpful beyond belief. They sent a car to pick her up at the ER, the bellman picked up her script for her, man I cannot stress how well they took care of her.

Anyway we got into the car and started driving and after like 40 minutes she was like, this is amazing. I explained to her that Acetaminophen is an oddball in that it's the only OTC PK that does not reduce swelling as all the other NSAIDS do (it only reduces fever and helps pain). The Ib brought down the swelling, and she could even write with her right hand!

Anyway it's a crime the way they managed her pain. She said even with the Vicodin her pain was 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10, and after IB it was like 2.5 (when sitting still; moving still hurts).

So we made the trip in 6 hours and I was able to drive smoothly and not upset her too much (I tend to tailgate).

I got her settled at home and we stayed up and watched the end of the Notre Dame game and then the beginning of the NASCAR race. Then my wife and son came over with some special requests for food my mom could eat that was easy to open and eat with one + 1/2 hands. I put a plastic lawn chair in her shower and set up a few more things for her. Just so many little things. She mentioned that she only could drink from a bottle, and needed some Cola to help settle her stomach, and the lady at the front desk without hesitation just handed me $1.75 out of the till to get a bottle of Pepsi from a vending machine.

I looked at the Xrays and she basically broke the bulb at the end of her humerus right off the shaft. Which is lucky cos at least it's just bone and not connective tissue that's damaged (we hope). There is also at least one smaller fragment. She had asked her doctor about "Fosamax" or something which is good for bones. He said "well, we'll see if you need it." Well, guess what, yeah, she needs it. :rolleyes: I told her from now on take a calcium pill for every coffee she drinks.

I put a call into her orthopedist she sees for her knee and he actually called right back! She'll see him on Monday, and my cousin is luckily off Mondays and can take her in. She won't be able to drive for a while.

Man I feel so much more at ease now that I'm able to make her comfortable. It's so heartening to hear her pain went down.

A very draining day and sorry for the long post, just trying to get it off my chest. And thanks for all the well wishes.

I'm also glad to see she's doing better. Many times, patients need/want a lot of pain medication, but one has to be careful when dealing with elderly patients.

I totally understand your concern, as my own father is going through some medical issues.

Wish your mom the best for a safe and speedy recovery!

morenoloco said:
I'm also glad to see she's doing better. Many times, patients need/want a lot of pain medication, but one has to be careful when dealing with elderly patients.

I totally understand your concern, as my own father is going through some medical issues.

Wish your mom the best for a safe and speedy recovery!
[snapback]238278[/snapback]​

Especially with the acetamiophen in there. It's soo toxic for your liver.

My mom may have weak bones but she's always had a very strong constitution. I did warn her to not drink alcohol if she takes acetaminophen for a headache a while ago, so she knows the dangers.

She's also very self-aware and was telling me that she knows that one of the side effects of opiates is dizziness, and was always checking herself to make sure she was OK to give herself a sponge bath, etc.

I guess I didn't metion this but a former housekeeper from Trinidad lives with my mom and can help take care of her while she recovers. Which is great co she'll need it.

limpy, you have some unfinished business to attend to, we're waiting....

Just talked to my mom. The local orthopedic surgeon set her up with some Percocets, and agreed it should heal with immobilization. She's already talking about taking the bus to work! (no she hasn't gotten the percs yet).

She has to go back in a week to make sure the swelling goes down and the bones are aligned right, but some pretty damn good news coming out of Kensington this evening!

Thanks again to those who chimed in with kind words.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.