• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My New Aristocrat - Pics

Yeah, I called Bob yesterday and he remembered the previous owner. Bob is a great guy to talk to. I ordered a 3 pack of the filters and 5 extra dividers for the pull out singles drawer. I always use distilled water. Distilled water is cheap. I bought a few gallons, so I should be good for a while.
Right answer. I always wipe my humidifier cans out with isopropyal alcohol to really kill any random bacteria and let them completely air dry before they go back in the humil. I inspect the filters for any signs of "distress" once a month or so. I usually don't run the humidifiers during the summer months as the ambient RH is greater than 65% and the pelt coolers tend to push up the RH a bit anyway. When I "shut down" for the summer, I clean the humidifier cans, replace the filters, and put 'em back in dry and wait until fall when we turn the forced air heat back on.

Like I said, I love my Staebell cabinet and I'm sure yours will give you years of great service.....
thumbs-up.gif

Cheers - B.B.S.

I see in one of the pics you seem to have the same hydrometer as I do from Walmart. The digital one on the second shelf next to the Opus X's fuente fuente's (not sure if thats what they are.

How do you like it so far do you think it is fairly accurate? I just ordered calibrated ones and didnt have time to salt test them yet.

Nice humi but I would suggest calling Bob and getting some replacement filters for the humidifier. From the photo, yours looks seriously brown. Some guys clean theirs up in a very dilute bleach / water mix, but I just change mine out every six months or so. If you don't things will start to smell badly in short order.......
whistling.gif

Also, of course, use only DISTILLED water. Not filtered, not "drinking" water, but distilled.

I love my Staebell, I'm sure yours will give you great service as well.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Yeah, I called Bob yesterday and he remembered the previous owner. Bob is a great guy to talk to. I ordered a 3 pack of the filters and 5 extra dividers for the pull out singles drawer. I always use distilled water. Distilled water is cheap. I bought a few gallons, so I should be good for a while.
Right answer. I always wipe my humidifier cans out with isopropyal alcohol to really kill any random bacteria and let them completely air dry before they go back in the humil. I inspect the filters for any signs of "distress" once a month or so. I usually don't run the humidifiers during the summer months as the ambient RH is greater than 65% and the pelt coolers tend to push up the RH a bit anyway. When I "shut down" for the summer, I clean the humidifier cans, replace the filters, and put 'em back in dry and wait until fall when we turn the forced air heat back on.

Like I said, I love my Staebell cabinet and I'm sure yours will give you years of great service.....
thumbs-up.gif

Cheers - B.B.S.

Tom is again right on the money here. I have also found that a handful of pennies in the bottom of the humidifier will help control the growing junk. Algae doesn't like copper and the pennies throw off enough copper ions to inhibit growth. YMMV, but it works for me.

/Lou

I see in one of the pics you seem to have the same hydrometer as I do from Walmart. The digital one on the second shelf next to the Opus X's fuente fuente's (not sure if thats what they are.

How do you like it so far do you think it is fairly accurate? I just ordered calibrated ones and didnt have time to salt test them yet.

Yes, the hygrometer works great. It is dead accurate. I have 2 others of the same model and they are +/- 1 percent. I just mark the back of the hygrometer.

Well,someone is way overstock... :whistling:

Do you even smoke them or you just collect them for fun?
I mean that is a LOT of cigars.

Wow!

You have two or three month's supply there! ;)

Nice looking setup, brother.

Back