• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new Edgestar 28 Wineador

Zach

Addicted to race cars
I finally got all the pieces to the puzzle last weekend and assembled them yesterday!

The Wineador came in around Christmas and the drawers came from GolfNut on Saturday.

Empty, clean, and ready!
IMG3286-L.jpg

Four double height drawers, one single height drawer, and one shelf from GolfNut finished in Lacewood. They fit perfectly and look gorgeous!

IMG3287-L.jpg

IMG3288-L.jpg

IMG3289-L.jpg

Beautiful grain!
IMG3293-L.jpg

Installed and seasoned!
IMG3292-L.jpg

Beads, beads, beads. Have two more smaller sticks that aren't pictured.
IMG3291-L.jpg

Just enough box storage on top. :)
IMG3296-L.jpg

When someone replies I'll post up the contents of the drawers! :)

Great looking setup!

ETA - What does it look like with the door closed up?

Nice clean setup, really well done.
What model is this, and how hard was it to mount the drawers?

Sorry for the delay, the board wouldn't let me post any more pictures or reply to my own post.

The finished product
IMG3303-L.jpg

Drawer contents top to bottom
IMG3297-L.jpg

IMG3298-L.jpg

IMG3300-L.jpg

IMG3299-L.jpg

The last drawer is empty so I have room to grow!

This is Edgestar's model TWR282S and the drawers just slide right into the slots where the wire wine racks used to go. Effortless installation and big props to GolfNut and his business Wineadors.com! :thumbs:

Sorry for the delay, the board wouldn't let me post any more pictures or reply to my own post.

The finished product
IMG3303-L.jpg

IMG3297-L.jpg

IMG3298-L.jpg

IMG3300-L.jpg

IMG3299-L.jpg

This is Edgestar's model TWR282S and the drawers just slide right into the slots where the wire wine racks used to go. Effortless installation and big props to GolfNut and his business Wineadors.com! :thumbs:
WOW!! how did you make the drawers to fit in so perfectly?!!! i have a winidor close to that and i would love to make something close to that!!!

Nice looking set up. I finished my Edgestar a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it. I can't believe how rock solid the RH is on these things once you get them seasoned.

WOW!! how did you make the drawers to fit in so perfectly?!!! i have a winidor close to that and i would love to make something close to that!!!

Check out wineadors.com. Golfnut is a member here and makes the drawers/shelves custom.

This is sooo nice!!! makes me wonder why I paid $175 for a 100 cigar desktop one when Amazon has that fridge for $130, and then just the drawers.... VERY VERY NICE

Nice looking set up. I finished my Edgestar a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it. I can't believe how rock solid the RH is on these things once you get them seasoned.

With the amount of beads I have in here I think I could keep my whole house at 65% RH, haha. I'll eventually tone it down to a half pound or so but better safe than sorry right now. The wood should be saturated but I'd rather it be at 69% for a week and have the wood soak it up from the air than 64% and soaking it up from the cigars!

This is sooo nice!!! makes me wonder why I paid $175 for a 100 cigar desktop one when Amazon has that fridge for $130, and then just the drawers.... VERY VERY NICE

For me the total cost was $477. That includes the wine cooler, shipping, beads, cedar drawers, lacewood fronts, and all the dividers. I reckon this is easily a 500+ct setup.

The finished product
IMG3303-L.jpg

IMG3297-L.jpg

IMG3298-L.jpg

IMG3300-L.jpg

IMG3299-L.jpg

LOL that was easy, bought them premade from GolfNut aka wineadors.com!

With the amount of beads I have in here I think I could keep my whole house at 65% RH, haha. I'll eventually tone it down to a half pound or so but better safe than sorry right now. The wood should be saturated but I'd rather it be at 69% for a week and have the wood soak it up from the air than 64% and soaking it up from the cigars!

I've only got 1 pound in my set up and it seems to work rather well. I was actually concerned that 1 pound wouldn't be enought based on what I was able to read about what other people were saying.

Looks like you can see the temp adjustment in the back upper right corner. I think thats what that is in the first picture.

Paul

Paul is correct. There is a temperature adjustment in the upper right hand corner. You can see it in the pictures with the door open. It is only analog control though so my understanding is you can basically set it for a specific temperature delta instead of a specific temperature so if the room it's in doesn't hold a fairly consisten temperature it might be worth looking into an ETC.

Is there no temperature adjustment on the Edgestars?

There is but it's a manual dial. You'd need a temperature sensor that trips it on and off at the wall socket to control it to a single degree. The room I keep mine in is a steady temperature so I just use it as a humidity holding vessel.

So, you don't use drawer slides? How do you keep the drawers from rubbing against eachother?

So, you don't use drawer slides? How do you keep the drawers from rubbing against eachother?

No I do use the slots in the wineador. You can't see them in the pictures but there are tabs built into the drawers so they slide in perfectly.

The wine fridge has grooves in the side walls that the racks that come with it slide into. The drawers are made to slide into those grooves and are spaced so that they do not touch each other.

Nice set up Zach ! You have a nice selection of cigars going there...

I recently received a Veno 28 for Christmas and am waiting for the extra funds to get some of those beautiful drawers from GolfNut. I am running out of room with the oddly placed/spaced boxes, and could use the drawers for consolidation. I like the idea of the cedar slides you have to separate space within the drawers.