• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new Humidor came today

ImSmokingAgain

My new humidor came today and it was broke! :( I bought the humidor to be able to fit the unopened boxes of what I thought at the time were CC. They turned out to be bogus and the humidor, busted. I was doomed from the beginning I guess. And as per usual I took pictures

Here is the picture from Ebay

h2003d-4.jpg

Here is what I saw when I opened it.

DSC_0028.jpg

And here is what the inside looked like.

DSC_0032.jpg

Do you think if I clean it good and fix it, it would be safe to store cigars there? There is so much broken glass and so much fine particles of glass dust that it has me worried.

Oh man, that sucks. :(

I'd try to get a replacement sent or something. Don't think it's worth the risk of getting glass on your cigars.

Damn!

Defintely file a claim with Ebay and it probably wouldn't hurt to contact the shipper either.

Wilkey

That's something you need to take up with the seller and the shipper (and usually the seller has to work with the shipper to get insurance, etc.)

Rob has it correct. Be nice to start with is all I can add.

I contacted the seller and he is going to replace the humidor :D Thanks for all of the advice guys!

Looks like a nice humi. Good deal on finding someone who doesn't blame it on the shipping company and offer no help. What sort of capacity does it have?

Looks like a nice humi. Good deal on finding someone who doesn't blame it on the shipping company and offer no help. What sort of capacity does it have?

The seller has it listed as 300. I dont know if it could hold that much but it can hold two full boxes with some extra room + the 3 pullout shelves.

Very glad to hear its being taken care of... Thats a really nice looking humidor :thumbs:

Is the seller asking you to send the broken one back?

Just wondering as Im a fixer kind of guy.

Yes, actually I am thinking of just fixing it because I dont want to wait another two or three weeks to get a new one that might also be broken.

Yes, actually I am thinking of just fixing it because I dont want to wait another two or three weeks to get a new one that might also be broken.

If tey are offering to replace it it is worth the wait. If they do not want the busted one back go ahead and fix it. Don't keep the broken one just because you do not want to wait. The glass may not be all that is broken, couls have jacked up the seal of the box too.

GET THE REPLACEMENT.

I agree with JAEwing. Don't make a rash decision because you want it now.

You'll be glad in the long run.

Noob here to the site, but my .02 is I have to agree with above. I'd not just replace the glass in haste, take the new one if he offered to send it. The joints may have also been stressed creating a leak in the case. Then you can fix the old one and have two!

Wade