• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My New Vinotemp: 21 Bottle Vinotemp

Kyle,

I'm most likely going to regret even asking this question. What would you say is the approx. cost to get a Vino up and running? Use yours as an example.

Thanks,
Walt

Vinotemp: $179.99
Shipping: $54.99
1 pound and two 4oz tubes of 65% beads: $80
Two Xikars: $40
Dish to hold beads: $9

Peace of mind not having to worry about beatles and having a unit that holds perfect humidity: Priceless

Do it Walt, you definitely wont regret it.

Thanks Ed! I think that Kyle was trying to take advantage of the newbie being easily influanced. :laugh:

Ed has the same Vinotemp as I do but he buys A LOT more than I do so his Vinotemp filled up a bit quicker than mine will. I mean, he does buy like 5-6 (maybe more) boxes of Tat's at a time, you crazy bastid.

Ed has the same Vinotemp as I do but he buys A LOT more than I do so his Vinotemp filled up a bit quicker than mine will. I mean, he does buy like 5-6 (maybe more) boxes of Tat's at a time, you crazy bastid.

The problem is not how much I purchase, but organization. Once I get the drawers I will be fine :) until I buy a cigar credenza for my office.

I went to Sears with my mom to help her pick out a new fridge. Where I haven't drank in years, she couldn't understand why I was so interested in the wine coolers they had displayed. :whistling: I am however concerned about keeping my stash cool this summer. My apartment is VERY HOT in the summer. There was a warm day this past March, where my bedroom hit 77 degrees. If I can find something available to pickup in NH (save shipping and tax), I may jump on this bandwagon.

I went to Sears with my mom to help her pick out a new fridge. Where I haven't drank in years, she couldn't understand why I was so interested in the wine coolers they had displayed. :whistling: I am however concerned about keeping my stash cool this summer. My apartment is VERY HOT in the summer. There was a warm day this past March, where my bedroom hit 77 degrees. If I can find something available to pickup in NH (save shipping and tax), I may jump on this bandwagon.
???

In Rhode Island?

DAMN!!!

3rd floor, flat black roof right above me, ALL windows face South...no cross ventilation what so ever. I've had to start running the AC as early as mid March in some previous years.

OK...Now that I'm officially price shopping what it would cost me to put together a Vino...I'm not finding the VT-21 at Target anymore. If you happen across that unit for the same price, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Kyle,

What's the latest with your Vino? Pics? Etc... It looks like I brought all discussion to a halt in 4 different wine cooler threads. ???

Kyle,

What's the latest with your Vino? Pics? Etc... It looks like I brought all discussion to a halt in 4 different wine cooler threads. ???

You know, I was just thinking about this earlier. I took a picture of the Vinotemp with the few boxes I have in there but now I don't remember what I did with the camera! I'll have to search around for it and once I find it I'll post the pics but everything is up and running beautifully!

I finally ordered the drawers. Thats it, now I can be more organized.

Ed, be sure to post pictures with the drawers in because I am very interested to see what it looks like, I'm on the fence right now but my cigar budget is spent so as of right now I don't see the need for drawers, I've just got the singles in random empty boxes at the moment.

Ed, be sure to post pictures with the drawers in because I am very interested to see what it looks like, I'm on the fence right now but my cigar budget is spent so as of right now I don't see the need for drawers, I've just got the singles in random empty boxes at the moment.

This vinotemp will be for singles. I will be building a larger cabinet/credenza for the office that will age boxes.

E

I actually ordered the EdgeStar 28 then called back to cancel before it shipped. I've got a few items around the place that I'll need to sell before I'm really to do this. :( I think if I were to order the drawers first and have them on the way...I'd be more motivated to reorder the cooler. :laugh: Have either of you (Kyle & Ed) had to add extra fans for better air circulation?

Nope, I have a pound o' beads in the bottom and 8 ounces in the top and things seem to be working out for me very well.

Love reading these things. Got a smoking deal on the same model as smokingtexas on E-bay the only catch is it was a closeout sale with a pickup in Irvine CA. not going to say the price as it would probably bring tears. But the good news is I know where the money I saved is going to! :love: My Wife :( But serously I am looking forward to turning it into a nice humi.

Most recent picture:

cigars136.jpg

The three boxes at the very bottom are empty and the box in the top compartment is currently just holding a few singles. You can see the hygro at the very bottom and that is reading at 68%. I took the hygro from the top compartment and put it on top of the boxes on the first shelf of the bottom compartment and it looks like it is reading at 63%. So there is a 5% loss of RH from the bottom to the top (in the bottom compartment) which I'm not overly worried about. If it gets any worse then that I will consider getting a fan, or I'll just take some of the beads from the bottom dish and put them in a smaller dish at the top (again, of the bottom compartment.) The top compartment is consistently reading at about 66% now.

That looks GREAT Kyle. I was going to ask if those were maduros in the Oliva box. Do you have beads at the top of the Vino as well?