• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My placebo effect

SmokinGiovanni

Ok I have 3 cigars and 3 pictures of each one.

In the first, it is a barber pole mild to medium smoke. It draws good but tastes harsh at the start then gets a bit better as it goes down but nothing great either. So I figure I put some age on it and an old label from some cheaper cigar I got some time ago, and my thought process is, it could maybe exceed that other one I put the label on, but maybe not.. I have the least hope for that one out of the 3.

Next is the Castros Back Room label and threw that on a cheap 2 dollar hand rolled stick I got with no label, like a generic rolled one kind of. I age it with wood in a bag for the first 3 weeks or so then I switch it over to this humidor tube with the Styrofoam cap on top. It used to be a HELIX cigar so it was an infused. BTW that was a pretty good smoke so I wonder what effects that will have on this cigar too from the smells the Helix once had. And the reason I threw on the Castros wrapper was that it was a cigar shop I used to go into where I have many fine memories. I want to see if I pick up tastes similar to what I'd imagine in that bar. The point of it is to feel that atmosphere when I look at that label more than anything and I'd put a different spin on it through a Helix cigar tube.. might create an interesting aging process for the next however many weeks. The thoughts that come to mind would be one evening I remember where I had an infused rose/raspberry flavored cigar and then I believe I had a normal medium maduro after I had that so hopefully this cigar crosses between those seeing I put it in a tube from the Helix and whatever ferments, I am sure it will be good.

The last one is CAO Italia. I got the right size cigar but again, was a 2 dollar stick, about a 5X50 I would imagine. Roughly around the same size as the other CAOs. This is a label I once saved from 5 years ago I think so I wanted to put it on this cigar to see if I can get what I perceive to be a similar taste to the CAO Italia. If It smokes fine, that's good enough.

This is all a mental experiment I am conducting because I am the kind of person that when it comes to cigar smoking, the little things really matter. I hate when I am out somewhere like when I was at a shop recently, and you cant converse to some people about cigars too much, they just ring you up and go at a very fast speed. That to me isn't a cigar smoking experience and sometimes what that does is, it can lead to small things that really matter, like a few staff members may toss your wrappers in the trash when they are clearly in your possession. You can even tell them about it and they'll keep doing it. Nothing gets me more upset. So yes I am the type where little things matter in this game. The little things matter in life too I find. Big things only come from little things usually and even when a big thing hits, would you fully be ready for it? I think little things contribute big in our society.

Attachments

• 0HB.jpg
    0HB.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 0Castros.jpg
    0Castros.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 0CAO.jpg
    0CAO.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 22
I, honestly, didn't understand anything you wrote.

I, honestly, didn't understand anything you wrote.

Take a deep breath, try to read it again, and then you shall understand. Its a concept I am trying to get known.. not that it will become ultra famous but it is an idea worth noting. I tried it with beer before at one of the cigar shops I referenced when they had fancy beer glasses and I used the power of that to convert the beer into something better, even though its cheap beer. As long as you didn't use Busch or Bud Light, it was ok.. just like I am not using Phillies Blunts here.. you know what I'm sayin?

No. Dude, you can't put lipstick on a pig and expect it to be something else. It's still a pig. You may want to really not type out everything you're thinking. That kind of post can really be annoying fast and doesn't bode well round these parts.

WELL EXCUSE ME FOR THINKING OF SOMETHING OR A NEW EXPERIENCE.. IS THINKING A CRIME????

I mean it, you all are off your rocker.. you want to attack the new guy? go ahead but I wont lay down too easily new or not. This is freedom of speech here at stake.

Your appropriate response should at least be some sort of encouragement even if you fully don't understand it.. ASK MORE. I will not hesitate to answer you. Any of you.

To clarify IF I DIDNT ALREADY DO SO.. The plan is to not use a Phillies blunt like you're making it sound with your stupid lipstick pig remark. These are much better cigars than cheap ass Phillies.. they are just the cheaper end of the premiums many people like to smoke.. they can be made good with a little MENTAL power, aging and some hands on.

You will all be jealous once the finish product comes out that's all. I just opened up my small wooden and glass humidor case I put them in and they smell wonderful now. I can work this kind of magic. I did it with cheap beer before, I can do it here too. But I used a simple rule.. no Busch and no Bud light garbage. I imagined them to be good beers in the right beer glasses and with the coloring of some of them, they appeared like nicer beers and they weren't too far off because I used my brain power.. they were good enough to go with cigars anyhow even if not premium beers. I am using the same trick here with these cigars.

Bud, stay calm. You need to use that mental power and chill out. When you present such a ridiculous concept, expect the feedback and response your getting. Good luck.

xqj3pk.gif

No joke pal.. its a real experiment I am conducting and I will be doing videos also on it when I smoke them. All I can tell you is they smell great.. gonna see how they improve. Some people can call it stupid, playing hide and go seek with cigar labels, call me a slave to the labels but I HIGHLY beg to differ. I will pull this off. I will win!

It sounds like you're playing a game of smoke and mirrors. There's probably plenty of weak minded indiviuals that will sway to your trick of relabeling but most will call you on it, just like those that have in this thread.
I wish you the best with your efforts and with a smile on my face I'll keep in mind the immortal words of PT Barnum.

I had to re-read the original post a couple of times to figure out what the OP was trying to communicate.

If I'm to understand correctly, Mr. Giovanni is reviewing cheap $2 cigars that he put cigar bands on from other cheap cigars. His thesis is that he can fool himself into believing that he is smoking something other than his $2 cigar and he believes this is something valuable to share with other forum members. Furthermore, he is now upset that the other members of this forum don't share his enthusiasm for his "experiment" nor see any value in smoking cheap $2 cigars dressed up to appear like other cheap cigars.

I'll give you one thing, once you can parse the stream of consciousness writing style, this makes for an interesting if not a tad bit of a trainwreck of a thread.

The bottom line is when you are new to a community it's a good idea to gauge the room, get to know a couple of people, see how the place operates and decide if it's for you or not. You don't come in and bombard the group with rambling theories that sound like someone has been up all night slamming coffee after their first philosophy class. You aren't stumping, schooling or impressing anyone...you're the latest new guy who stops in to retool how the place works. Or a troll. Either way, it lacks originality and it never, ever, ever works.

Brain power huh. Well, I'm going to buy two bundles of $2 sticks. At my shop we have a Huge wine snifter with used labels and I'm going to play the switch. Park them in my locker and wait. In two or three months they become Padron, RomaCraft, La Historia etc. because, man, they just are because my superior brain power is pushing that ball uphill, ( if Mr. Spock can do, I can ). So see captain, the Romulans can't win, our superior brain power will just STOP the photon torpedo and we can get down to a seriously good smoke. The next step here is getting on Shark Tank and convincing Kevin O'leary to invest. After that we move to Elton Musk. Screw using thrusters, we can land on that platform using superior brain power. Talk about savings. The sky is the limit.