• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My placebo effect

Wow you all are ridiculous.. I will be posting my video response to this though. I got a video going up soon that will talk all about this live and in living color. I will describe my process more and even answer some of these crazy comments.

And the woman who told me I forgot to take my meds or they wore off or someone left the computer on at one of those "special hospitals". You have a little girl.. so you scare me. I am now wondering if you would heavily medicate your kid close to death levels or at the very least send HER to a hospital if you couldn't handle her bouncing up and down the house, and believe me.. I was that kind of kid myself.

People like you are really that snobby aren't they? to imagine someone smoking a 40 dollar stick or a little less maybe but then someone smoking a 7-10 dollar stick sits across from him.. and to think someone would have an issue with that (maybe even you), it just shows people don't really enjoy their sticks after all if they feel they have to worry about people sitting across from them smoking something that costs way less.. When I've smoked out at a bar I COULD CARE LESS even if I was one of those ultra high end smokers. If someone smoked a Factory Throwouts #99 near me, it wouldn't bug me.. I WOULDNT CARE.. I DONT ASK unless someone seems cool and I start talking to them or I am in a convo, I will then ask.. "So what cigar are you smoking?"

Yea I will be releasing a video on my Smokin Giovanni Youtube channel. I had it up within the last 7 months I'd say but lately have been putting more content on it. I do cigar reviews mostly.. mostly original label sticks that I didn't tamper with so the reviews are what they are. But funny thing is, I could use the CAO Italia labeled one and pass it off as a real review for the CAO Italia.. I don't think I am going to though but I might just make it a continuation of my placebo effect video instead.. sounds like a better idea.

And no chances are I will never use a Gurkha and band it with something else. I like leaving those alone typically same with any big brand.

WOW you have literally no imagination do you? You cant pick up flavors in cigars?? I've picked up gym sock sweaty smells in cigars before, earthiness of course, a damp basement like when it rains a lot and water gets down there (Gran Habano Gran Reserva gold label). I've picked up seaweed in a recent one. I mean would you rather I tell you all how I picked up gay mens intestines that were victims of Jeffrey Dahmer up? Last I checked I didn't go that into detail. And how you even think about my videos in the same context as Jeffrey Dahmer and not taking that as a joke speaks volumes about your judgment. I am not harming anyone, I am not preserving bodies or trying to make zombies.

Look, the cigar chances are was aged longer and for the time I had it was the tip off point.. the time I gave it fully enhanced it I feel but it was already aged quite a bit to where it was on discount and I added like 5 months or close to that on this particular one.

Just for posterity and history and whatnot. There's been a trend of deleting/editing lately.

And for the love...its "I COULDN'T CARE LESS." One of my biggest pet peeves.

People like you are really that snobby aren't they? to imagine someone smoking a 40 dollar stick or a little less maybe but then someone smoking a 7-10 dollar stick sits across from him.. and to think someone would have an issue with that (maybe even you), it just shows people don't really enjoy their sticks after all if they feel theyhave to worry about people sitting across from them smoking something that costs way less.

Gio, I am the least snobby guy you will ever meet. I've only smoke six years and Never started with machine made. I think Nicks sticks was my first. How snobby am I not, way back when someone here actually gifted me with a BBMF ( and if your search skill are as dynamic as your brain ) you need to look that shit storm up. BUT! What did I do with it? Another brother lost his dog, I was a newbie and knew I didn't know my ass, so I gifted it to him to appreciate it while walking in the woods mourning his loss. What I can't do is get my ancient brain to understand how brain power converts decent tobacco into something superior just because I want it to. If it works for you, you need to figure out how to train the rest of us, seriously. I for one would love to sit back with a Nica Rustica or 1495 RyJ and have it taste like at least a Padron '64. I'm not pissing on your parade, but so far I still have to buy the better stick to get the taste/flavor. I do wish you success, I hope I live long enough to take your class. Here at CP I think we are of the current mindset of put up or shut up, but none of us are snobs. Die hards yes, but not snobs.

People like you are really that snobby aren't they? to imagine someone smoking a 40 dollar stick or a little less maybe but then someone smoking a 7-10 dollar stick sits across from him.. and to think someone would have an issue with that (maybe even you), it just shows people don't really enjoy their sticks after all if they feel theyhave to worry about people sitting across from them smoking something that costs way less.

Gio, I am the least snobby guy you will ever meet. I've only smoke six years and Never started with machine made. I think Nicks sticks was my first. How snobby am I not, way back when someone here actually gifted me with a BBMF ( and if your search skill are as dynamic as your brain ) you need to look that shit storm up. BUT! What did I do with it? Another brother lost his dog, I was a newbie and knew I didn't know my ass, so I gifted it to him to appreciate it while walking in the woods mourning his loss. What I can't do is get my ancient brain to understand how brain power converts decent tobacco into something superior just because I want it to. If it works for you, you need to figure out how to train the rest of us, seriously. I for one would love to sit back with a Nica Rustica or 1495 RyJ and have it taste like at least a Padron '64. I'm not pissing on your parade, but so far I still have to buy the better stick to get the taste/flavor. I do wish you success, I hope I live long enough to take your class. Here at CP I think we are of the current mindset of put up or shut up, but none of us are snobs. Die hards yes, but not snobs.

Well at least you put something into perspective for once. BBMF from first glance looks like bad bad motherfucker.. or bomb bomb my father cigars? lol (searching now...) I came up with this so far:

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ARTURO-FUENTE-OPUS-X-BBMF-NATURAL-PERFECTO/76908.uts

Again though, not in my range. I don't chase these cigars typically.. if I were to try every single one of these, I wouldn't enjoy cigar smoking frankly. I'd rather have "lesser quality" or what is perceived to be lesser quality than spend a ton on cigars like this and be close to out of money. I am trying to get ahead, think of new ideas because you know, I don't make the money to buy those sticks. I stick to 7-8 dollars or less typically. Now and then I will go 11 dollars but its not even as often. I had Oliva Melania. There are good sticks, really good sticks in the range I go after and I am satisfied enough. I don't have to spend more to get quality so I really don't. If I had to would I? yes but cigar smoking would be reduced to a once a month thing or 2 times a month thing if I am spending 20-30 dollars on a stick.

But yes its very enlightening to know you started off with Nicks Sticks. I like that cigar a lot.

And I am not trying to push fully that you can turn a RyJ there that you mentioned into a Padron but its nice to try. Its nice to imagine a picture where something can come close and that you helped create it. I mean look at what happened to the last Legend Ario cigar I had that I reviewed.. the finishing touches I used for the last 5 months of aging just made it a great smoke.. a mild and heavily flavorful cigar.. almost like dare I say it, A Padron.. I had a Padron anniversary before, I forget what year but it was a smaller one for 10-11 bucks I'd say. I thought it was real good, but this one here tied it at least I'd say.

Despite what had been done in posts past, let's keep feeding this troll, I really wanna see where this ends up. :p

Wow you all are ridiculous.. I will be posting my video response to this though. I got a video going up soon that will talk all about this live and in living color. I will describe my process more and even answer some of these crazy comments.

And the woman who told me I forgot to take my meds or they wore off or someone left the computer on at one of those "special hospitals". You have a little girl.. so you scare me. I am now wondering if you would heavily medicate your kid close to death levels or at the very least send HER to a hospital if you couldn't handle her bouncing up and down the house, and believe me.. I was that kind of kid myself.

Wow you really are a fucktard thinking a picture of my wife and daughter is me .

Secondly how is you forgetting to take your meds and or being in a mental hospital, which the more of your idiot posts I read teaffirm that you need to be in, have anything to do with how I choose to raise my child.

When you post idiotiotic ideas than any cigar aficionado will tell you is pure BS and continue to assert that you are right and all of us are wrong maybe you are in fact on the wrong forum.

Maybe if you enjoyed quality cigars you would realize that this is not possible. Yes there are some similarities between certain cigars and it can be hard to distinguish some cigars from others. But I guarantee you that any seasoned smoker can tell the difference between the $2 crap cigars you are putting other bands on. You are the perfect target for counterfeiters. If you can't taste the difference between the real thing and a fake or knockoff buy the cheap crap and keep your opinions to yourself.

Last edited:
Th
Wow you really are a fucktard thinking a picture of my wife and daughter is me .

Secondly how is you forgetting to take your meds and or being in a mental hospital, which the more of your idiot posts I read teaffirm that you need to be in, have anything to do with how I choose to raise my child.

When you post idiotiotic ideas than any cigar aficionado will tell you is pure BS and continue to assert that you are right and all of us are wrong maybe you are in fact on the wrong forum.

Maybe if you enjoyed quality cigars you would realize that this is not possible. Yes there are some similarities between certain cigars and it can be hard to distinguish some cigars from others. But I guarantee you that any seasoned smoker can tell the difference between the $2 crap cigars you are putting other bands on. You are the perfect target for counterfeiters. If you can't taste the difference between the real thing and a fake or knockoff buy the cheap crap and keep your opinions to yourself.

How the hell do I know??? I saw a woman and a child and commented accordingly on who I thought it was. LOL my god. And yes you suggested a harmful idea to someone online that you probably might just try on your own children. I feel for them, I really do. I don't believe in medication, I believe its very detrimental and they don't really work. None of it for psychological issues anyhow. I know I used to be. I try to tell everyone to drop medication as crazy as it sounds.. DO NOT get dependent on any of it. One day I decided I had enough, I was very unhappy and I chucked my meds in the trash. Give me credit for going without and trying to deal with my crazy moments head on.

I do enjoy quality cigars, but I also believe you are NOT believing in the power of positive thinking, the power of now and what you can possibly manifest in the now to carry that vision out into the future. I am damn sure I will turn my good 2 dollar sticks into maybe not something better than Padron or maybe not even the whole 4/4ths of a Padron but I can DEFINITELY make them better than Davidoffs and Cohibas that people pay tons for that aren't always that good.

I am the perfect target for counterfeiters?? LOL wow. Well how do you figure? I also watch the Cuban market from time to time and I try to look at what ones NOT to buy so again, keep thinking you know me. It will be your downfall.. You think I am stupider than I look but keep in mind, if you think I am such a bullshitter, well no bullshitter will bullshit me and no counterfeiter will dupe me. Keep that in mind.

Giovanni. I suspect you've had this type of reaction MANY times in life.

Is the whole world wrong, and you're the only one who's right?

Are you the only one so brilliant, and all of us idiots just don't get it?

Have you ever paused to consider that there are certain things that are better not to share, especially if it flies in the face of logic, experience, science, etc?

I don't want to piss in your cornflakes, (well, unless it makes them taste like higher end granola) but you need to calm your jets and go do your experiment without pushing it, or feebly arguing it's unproven merits, on others. If you did not anticipate a ribbing from seasoned cigar smokers, then you need to brush up on your social skills and human nature. You're not coming across as lucid, stable, or intelligent.

Cigars have been made for a very long time. Fancy bands cover crap cigars all the time. "Secret processes" like Lars Tetons are claimed, and found lacking, all the time. Processing tobacco is done by experts with generations of real experience behind them. The holy grail is to make shit tobacco taste like a million bucks. I can think of one instance where crap tobacco was made into a successful cigar, and it took years of babying the tobacco.

You just can't polish a turd. You may have convinced yourself that you've accomplished something, but it ain't going to fly here. You haven't reinvented the wheel. Give it a rest.

I
Giovanni. I suspect you've had this type of reaction MANY times in life.

Is the whole world wrong, and you're the only one who's right?

Are you the only one so brilliant, and all of us idiots just don't get it?

Have you ever paused to consider that there are certain things that are better not to share, especially if it flies in the face of logic, experience, science, etc?

I don't want to piss in your cornflakes, (well, unless it makes them taste like higher end granola) but you need to calm your jets and go do your experiment without pushing it, or feebly arguing it's unproven merits, on others. If you did not anticipate a ribbing from seasoned cigar smokers, then you need to brush up on your social skills and human nature. You're not coming across as lucid, stable, or intelligent.

Cigars have been made for a very long time. Fancy bands cover crap cigars all the time. "Secret processes" like Lars Tetons are claimed, and found lacking, all the time. Processing tobacco is done by experts with generations of real experience behind them. The holy grail is to make shit tobacco taste like a million bucks. I can think of one instance where crap tobacco was made into a successful cigar, and it took years of babying the tobacco.

You just can't polish a turd. You may have convinced yourself that you've accomplished something, but it ain't going to fly here. You haven't reinvented the wheel. Give it a rest.

Have you ever paused to consider that some people talk and say what is on their mind.. like the man who wants to be our next president. Donald J Trump. Is he not a great one? Is he not one of the best players to ever play the game of life? Ric Flair might be insane too, but is Ric Flair not one of the best wrestlers of all time? You know what I'm saying now?

Well I guarantee you it wont take that many years for me to turn "crap tobacco" into a fine cigar. NOT TO MENTION if you didn't read before, I do not and will not use Phillies Blunts. Plus the tobacco I get and the cigars I get from the wholesaler I get them at bargain prices from is not crap. One of those 1 dollar sticks tasted close to a good Fuente.. I see potential. I have a vision, you have to believe in this.. I may not be a cigar god, but one day.. just one day I could be long after a lot of these people go who are alive now and I lead the next generation. Cigar smokers at that time could very well be a minority or at least in America, even if it stays strong in South America or Cuba.

We don't talk politics here. Ric Flair? Oh crap; don't tell me that you think TV Wrestling is real?
And yes, you've posted ad nauseum that you're not using Phillies, etc.
Well, good luck. Let us know when you reach a million genuine fans / subscribers on YouTube.
In fact, why don't you stay away until you're famous?

I think Giovanni is on to something...only he has it completely backwards. He's a genius actually. I don't know why I never thought of this before. If I am able to reverse all of my preconceived notions of truth and somehow alter space and time itself...think of the possibilities.

Guys this is no joke. Hes on to something very profound. So from now on, when I smoke a $25 stick I will use my brains power of persuasion to convince myself that I was actually smoking a $2 stick. Then when the wifey unit inquires as to how much I "borrowed" from my first born college fund to buy said cigar, I can tell her with a straight face and a clear conscience, "only $2 dear!" She will be so happy, I will be guilt free and we will live happily ever after.

Last edited:
Well I guarantee you it wont take that many years for me to turn "crap tobacco" into a fine cigar.

Plus the tobacco I get and the cigars I get from the wholesaler I get them at bargain prices from is not crap. One of those 1 dollar sticks tasted close to a good Fuente.. I see potential.

I have a vision, you have to believe in this.. I may not be a cigar god, but one day.. just one day I could be long after a lot of these people go who are alive now and I lead the next generation.

Point one. Alchemy does not work. You simply cannot short circuit proper methods by substituting shit product rolling it tight and calling it a cigar. FAIL.

Point two. Tasted close???? Potential??? FAIL.

Point three. "I'm gone a rule the world when everyone dies first.". Worst plan ever. FAIL.

Giovanni, I watched a few of your review videos. Really interesting. Had a few follow up questions for you because I'd like to learn more about your methods.

Do you put Windex in the cigars directly or is that just a note you taste?
Are you storing gym socks in your humidor? Or is perhaps a part of the aging process leaving the cigars out in your room and you have gym socks on the floor?
When you buy Grape White Owls and save the tubes, how long does it take after storing a cigar in those tubes to get that wonderful grape flavor?

I've never had those flavors in a cigar. I'm not sure I'd want to ever have those flavors in a cigar. Personally, I go for nutty or peppery over gym socks and Windex. But I must say, I certainly can't tell the difference between Windex and those bargain brands at Target. You've truly proven yourself as the window cleaner aficionado.

I was enjoying this until the Ric Flair comments. That sellout piece of garbage isn't fit to shine the boots of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes (RIP). Hell, Flair didn't even deserve to be in the same sport as Fabulous Freebird Michael P.S. Hayes! And Tommy Wildfire Rich?!?! Don't even get me started....