• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Simple Quick Contest

HOLY CRAP!! The seven counties I'm darn near certain are in your region have a population of over 4 MILLION people :0 :0 :0

The entire state of Connecticut is 8 counties as well and we barely break the 3 million mark :0 :0

I know CaptainB is laughing at me right now since NYC is over 8 million :p

I still think 16 is in the ballpark since your geography is generally flatter than here in the northeast and our population density is higher plus most of our drivers are morons :p

coventrycat86 said:
Okay, I'm guessing the eight counties are:

Pinellas
Hillsborough
Orange
Oceola
Polk
Lake
Pasco

Okay, never mind........ I'll just take a shot in the dark:

Ya like them Gator colors? :D

Paul, can ya tell us which eight counties?
Close CC but my current district includes the following counties

Pasco
Pinellas
Hillsborough
Polk
Orange
Sumpter
Lake
Hernando

It is a nice mix of farm land, metropolitan areas, suburbs and highways...:)

Many drivers here in Florida are from other states...very few native Floridians left..we have a very transient population (tourists & snow birds). You think CT drivers are bad.

Our speed limits are higher....Connecticut 65 mph on I-95....were at 70 mph on most highway systems with average traffic doing 80+...55 mph on most 2 lane roads in unpopluated county roads and 35 mph to 45 mph in suburban areas.

CC,

We got to have most, if not all, the worst drivers in the country down here.

Blue hairs and no hairs. You have a vehicle going down the road and all you see are a pair of hands on the steering wheel. :0

21 would be my guess

I'm going to say 20 - but would go lower if the lower numbers weren't taken :)

From my figures the available #s are: 0, 1, 2, 4, 19, 24-31 and most everything higher.

I'll go even highe with 50.
Nice round number, sure as hell hope i'm wrong.

camaroon4me said:
I'll say 11 ???
The correct person is Cameroon4me with a guess of 11, your package will go out shortly.

I got 11 new cases for investigation..... :(

1 Motorcycle vs Cow
1 Motorcycle vs Parked Car
1 Flipped RV
5 Car vs Car/Truck
1 Lawmower vs Truck
2 Car vs Pedestrian

-P-

Well, HECK!! If if KNEW Oceola was NOT one of the eight counties, I would have guessed 11 :( :( :(

Sumpter is definately boonies :0 and Hernando is not one of Florida's "larger" counties :p

Sumpter County only has 58,000 people in it while Oceola has 205,000 with Florida's Turnpike running through it ;)

You see, I spent hours of analysis on this :lookup:

:D :p :sign:
1 Flipped RV
When I was in college one of my buddies was with 18 other guys in an RV down in Florida on spring break and they did exactly that :D
I can laugh 'cause no one was hurt ;)

rnccen said:
1 Flipped RV
Let me guess, he set the Auto Pilot and stepped back to mix a drink :0 ???

I will never see how one can flip an RV unless they flat run over a VW or something. :(

PuroBrat said:
rnccen said:
1 Flipped RV
Let me guess, he set the Auto Pilot and stepped back to mix a drink :0 ???

I will never see how one can flip an RV unless they flat run over a VW or something. :(
Nope...based on inital reports this individual is assumed to have fallen asleep at the wheel...awoke at some stage as the RV was drifting off the road..overcorrected in an apparent attempt to keep from going off road...overcorrected again...hit a culvert...became airborne...landed back in the road...and promptly rolled the RV...during this process a passenger was ejected from the RV.

-P-

gregor22 said:
I'll guess that the cow won?
You are correct, the cow did win initially....however the cow was maimed and put down by the owner.

-P-

rnccen said:
camaroon4me said:
I'll say 11 ???
The correct person is Cameroon4me with a guess of 11, your package will go out shortly.

1 Motorcycle vs Cow
1 Flipped RV
5 Car vs Car/Truck
1 Lawmower vs Truck
2 Car vs Pedestrian

-P-
Woo Hoo.....
Thanks Paul, I really appreciate it. :thumbs: Commencing Pee-Pee Dance! :D

I guessed my number based on how many cases I assumed you could follow up in a given week. I thought maybe about 2 per day, and one more cause they knew they could count on you!

Is this an average week for you? Must have to have some kind of compassion for all of the survivors,
thanks again.
John V.

camaroon4me said:
rnccen said:
camaroon4me said:
I'll say 11 ???

1 Motorcycle vs Cow
1 Flipped RV
5 Car vs Car/Truck
1 Lawmower vs Truck
2 Car vs Pedestrian

-P-
Woo Hoo.....
Thanks Paul, I really appreciate it. :thumbs: Commencing Pee-Pee Dance! :D

I guessed my number based on how many cases I assumed you could follow up in a given week. I thought maybe about 2 per day, and one more cause they knew they could count on you!

Is this an average week for you? Must have to have some kind of compassion for all of the survivors,
thanks again.
John V.
Average 9-13 per week....depending on the season....at first there was compassion....but 90% of these accidents were avoidable and stupidity reigned supreme....so I have very little compassion anymore for the tortfeasor.

-P-

I just read something in the Detroit News this past weekend that confirmed what I have been saying for the past 10 years.

Instead of continually trying to make the cars and trucks better, why not make the DRIVER better. Like so many things in our society, we keep trying to set the blame on anything BUT the true cause!

In the auto industry, so much emphisis is placed on these airbags. What a concept, when the driver rear ends someone else, an explosive device goes off in the steering wheel! Just what we need, something to blow up at us. Now we cannot even keep children in the front seat, nor can short people drive with the assurance they wont die from an airbag blowing their heads off!

Actually the article in the News describes how the auto industry is laying the firsts steps to having cars that drive themselves. Please lets just make better drivers and eliminate half of these accidents.

Sorry for the rant, but as a person who drives for a living, this stuff drives me nuts!

JV