• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My very first Cigar.

Careful with those Short Stories. Once you begin to explore Fuente you need to get a part time job or rob banks. Check out a Bolivar and Cohiba also.

Well I over payed for the Short Story unfortunately, but it was at a local place and I got a bunch of free boxes/coffins. I might smoke it tomorrow or later this weekend.

I don't think the 5K Mad is one of Padrons better offerings. Something about that blend at that size.. Now, the 2K, 3K, Churchhill, Executive, and Magnum, I love the crap out of those (all in Maduro form).

My first Padron was a 64 Principe Natural. In the 64's and 26's, the Naturals and Maduros are both excellent.

Short Stories are great little smokes also. For a comparable size, try a Principe in either wrapper, and prepare for a serious addiction. The standard Padrons offer a great cigar value, the Anniversary lines are just plain amazing cigars.

When I said chew I don't mean gnawing on the thing like a dog on a bone. I was just writing a paper at the time, so let's just say I could have kept it drier.

The problem was this, the padron was far too spongy and it also had a wind tunnel through it. I felt the cigar was burning hotter than it should and that the draw was really loose. I have some cell phone pictures of the 5000:
padron50002.jpg

padron5000.jpg

padron5000vag.jpg

padron5000vag2.jpg

Edit: Someone needs to shop the Third image.

In my humble opinion what you encountered is Brick and Mortar Over Humidification Syndrome. I can't smoke cigars I buy from B&Ms without sticking them in my humidor at 65 rh for a few days at least.

Im with G-Smoke. Very rarely do I smoke a cigar right out of my B&M. I know when I was first starting out, I had a Padron 3k and it really didnt impress me. I stayed away from all Padrons for almost two years before I smoked a very nicely aged 2k. Needless to say, I have 2 boxes of Padrons in my cooler along with a few singles. I would suggest trying as many as you can and it might help to buy two at a time. Smoke on now and let the other sit for at least 6 months and try it again. I would put money on it that your tastes will change.
Happy smoking

Yeah, if you can exercise proper self control and keep them long enough, the standard Padron line age out extremely well. Outlaw put some 6k maduros on the shelf a couple years back, they had been aging 5 or 6 years I think. Phenomenal. I had a 3k sit in my humi for over a year before I got to smoking it, and it was VERY good also.

I need to make a coolerdor.