• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My very own pipe making project!

Hey guys sorry for the delay... I've been trying to find some of the things I need to stain and finish my pipe, and I'm waiting to order the wax. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find an alcohol based stain in a color other then black that I can use. I've also been working a few long hours these past weeks and has really slowed my progress to a stand still. More to come...

Hey guys sorry for the delay... I've been trying to find some of the things I need to stain and finish my pipe, and I'm waiting to order the wax. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find an alcohol based stain in a color other then black that I can use. I've also been working a few long hours these past weeks and has really slowed my progress to a stand still. More to come...

Look for leather dyes. From my understanding, most of them are alcohol based and apparently they work quite well on pipes.

I bought the wax and buffers from Pimo. they have the alcohol stains as well - scroll to the bottom of the page
http://www.pimopipecraft.com/tools.html

Well I looked into the leather dyes and all I could really find was black. I don't want a natural look but I don't want the usual brown... I'll figure it out next weekend. I'm on call this week so it limits me as to where I can go. Wax is on order!

I'll look on Pimo for the dyes (stains). Maybe they'll have a better selection then nill!!