• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My wife is a definet keeper!

Jack Straw

As a lot of you know, earlier this year I had the good fortune to spend an afternoon at The Graycliff Hotel in Nassau.

The Graycliff

My only regret was that we were there on a Sunday, and didn't get to tour the cigar factory or see the torceadores at work.

Tonight I get home from work, and on the dinner table is a gift bag with Happy Birthday written all over it, and my wife, who is grinning like "The Cheshire Cat", telling me to open it. Now I have to inject here that my wife feels her birthday should be a national holiday, all work should cease, and the celebration should last at least a week. I, on the other hand, wish mine would pass quietly, no one would notice, and the less said the better!

So, as my birthday isn't until Sunday, I put the bag on the floor telling her I will open it on the appropriate day, and ask, "What's for dinner?". This was not acceptable, and I got "The Look" that every married man in the known universe is aware of. So, figuring if I want to eat, I had better open the package. Inside was a card, and inside the card was an email from my boss addressed to my wife acknowledging that I had permission to take off this Friday and the following Monday, and another envelope. Inside of envelope #2 was online airline confirmation for two round trip tickets to Nassau, reservations for 3 nights at The Graycliff, and an email from the staff at The Graycliff confirming my cigar rolling class on Saturday!

To say I was surprised would be a massive understatement, and I am still not sure how she pulled it off without me finding out. It turns out my entire office, her entire office, all of our kids, and God only knows who else was aware of it, seems like everyone but me!

The topic title says it all, she is definetly a keeper!!

If I do any good at rolling, I'll post pictures next week!

Wow! That is simply fantastic Jay! Congrats on the awesome b-day gift and the awesome wife!! I got to go get mine so she can read this... :laugh: Have a great trip and roll a good 'un!

Sounds like your going to have a great second time around. I was there a couple of years ago. Fortunately I was there on a day when the factory was open. The pungent smell of tobacco was in the air. There were only about 8 rollers there. I also got to meet Avelino Lara's son. I forgot his name. Any way for those of you who do not know who Avelino Lara is. He a former director of the Laguito factory in Cuba. Have a great time.

Bob

Give your wife a big "you go girl" from me...That is outstanding that she was able to get all taht done and you not find out about it and I am happy for you for being able to have this happen...Happy Birthday!!

Melly

What an Amazing Gift!

I think pictures are in order, regardless whether you "do any good at rolling" ;)

Outstanding Jay. So do you need me to come up there and house sit ? Make sure your humidor continues to function in your absence. You got a pool, right? :sign:

Enjoy your time my friend. :thumbs:

Lou

Happy Birthday Jay!

Sounds to me like your wife may be the best gift you've ever gotten! Enjoy Nassau, that sounds like a great time.

- Tim

That is fantastic! She is a Keeper fo' sure! Enjoy the Birthday trip. Happy Birthday Jay!

That is awsome man enjoy i will be thinking of you rolling some in class.. this weekend

Sounds great Jay, and as you stated, she's definitely a keeper. Happy B-Day my friend and enjoy the experience....... :) :thumbs: :cool: