• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Wineador setup *update*

I'm working on mine now , I purchased the NewAir aw281e. Ordered the 4 drawer with 2 shelve kit from Forrest last night. I'm working on getting out the plastic smell now , and then I'll wait for my shelves.

But you have to season those shelves in the cooler when they come in and I'd suggest not having your boxes/ cigars in there during this period. What I did is use a cooler chest and put my boxes in there with a Xikar humidifer to keep them in a maintained humidity while the seasoning stage is done.

Thanks for the heads up , I have a cooler I'll put it all in while they season

Ok another update here.. While the Hydra unit was a good experience I couldn't just live with it and my RH was jumping up and down and I got tired of tinkering with it. Plus I have too many boxes and I need the space. testing out the beads/crystal method and seeing where this will take me.

Here is what I have so far .. Been working on this for over a week now and the results are rewarding so far ... My setup is maintaining temp at 67-70F and 60-65RH .. These numbers fluctuate in those ranges depending on if the TE kicks on or during the period it's off or if the the two bottom fans are on or off (they are on a timer that kicks on for 30 minutes every 3 hours)...I also added inside LED lights to make it look "cooler" since the lights that come with these Wineador is very much useless.

I created a semi custom fan box out of a small Spanish cedar drawer. I also added 4 legs to allow for air flow.

I left the unit empty for few days to retain humidity, monitor numbers, and make adjustments. Like relocating the temp sensor from my Johnson Controler.

Final product ? Maybe .. I will continue to monitor this before putting my stock in. (Currently sitting in a cooler chest at 68F and 67RH). If you're reading this and have any suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Big shout out to Brian and others for always helping members out with this topic. I know somethings are repeated over and over so I apologize for that.

30 min fan run time seems long. Mine do 1 min every hour and it seems great.

I like your setup.
Where did you get the Habanos sticker?

My digital timer has 8 settings (on/off), therefore I divided 24hr/8 and that's where I got every 3 hours.

The habanos sticker is from eBay. If you can't find it, send me a pm and I'll send you a link. ;)

30 min fan run time seems long. Mine do 1 min every hour and it seems great.

I think Paul, and correct me if I'm wrong Paul, is getting this 1 minute on per hour piece from his active humidity system: the Avollo Accumonitor. Their timers run like that. Might be worth reaching out to them as they recently (from what I can tell) started selling the optional fan timer for $50 when you buy the system. I wonder if they'd sell it separately?

Point being, I think a bunch of the guys around here swear by this system, so there's probably a lot of experience behind that.

Might be worth looking into?

I'm always up for better and good suggestion.. I'll look into and will probably bug Paul in the near future if he doesn't mind :)

My Avallo kicks in everytime the humidity drops (so after I open the door for a bit) as well as every so often just to move the air a bit.