• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA Basketball 2023-24

UCONN...men's and women's.....can we start talking about March Madness brackets? Maybe we can get more than 3 of us this year.

Edit because I can't spell

One of my very first cars had a Gonzaga sticker in the back windshield. This was early 90s, before they were "good". Back when they'd get into the bracket as a double digit seed and then cause a little havoc. They seemed like a plucky underdog, so I decided to root for them.

Little did I know the sticker in the windshield was actually for a HS in Washington DC. 😂

Once they became a powerhouse, it was a little less fun to root for them. I have no actual tie to the school (especially with the bootleg sticker) so it felt bandwagony. I'll watch come tournament time but have little rooting interest outside of my bracket.

I'm a sucker for a team that's good, but not great... MICHIGAN STATE!

One of my very first cars had a Gonzaga sticker in the back windshield. This was early 90s, before they were "good". Back when they'd get into the bracket as a double digit seed and then cause a little havoc. They seemed like a plucky underdog, so I decided to root for them.

Little did I know the sticker in the windshield was actually for a HS in Washington DC. 😂

Once they became a powerhouse, it was a little less fun to root for them. I have no actual tie to the school (especially with the bootleg sticker) so it felt bandwagony. I'll watch come tournament time but have little rooting interest outside of my bracket.
Living in south eastern Washington State, I see a lot of Gonzaga fans sprout up in March. I used to kinda pull for them because they were good and seemed to get slighted during the seeding process. Ever since they banned John Stockton (arguably their most notable alum) from attending games due to his stance on wearing a mask during the pandemic, I started rooting against them. They've since rescinded the ban, but he's still not attending games, due to the school's policy on Covid vaccination. I'm not trying to get political, I just don't appreciate forced conformity. I also don't like to make claims without sources...

Tom I started rooting for Gonzaga back then too. I rooted for them and Fresno State... The Bulldogs! LOL.

No bets.... yet. I'd be willing to participate in a cigar-wagered bracket though.
What I've been thinking is we get a Basket ball Parlay group going. Have someone with an online sports book lay down some bets and see if we can't win enough to split some boxes of cigars. A couple 3-4 of us ante up 20-25 bucks each and do some collective parlays on big game days.

ETA: I in an NFL one... but it's down to 4 teams and getting ruff to pick. We didn't win more than we lost... but we hung in there and didn't go bankrupt. LOL. And it was fun as hell.

I'm a sucker for a team that's good, but not great... MICHIGAN STATE!
Izzo has crushed a lot of dreams over the years. Always love it when they play Duke as it's usually a clean game and a shoot out until the end.

What I've been thinking is we get a Basket ball Parlay group going. Have someone with an online sports book lay down some bets and see if we can't win enough to split some boxes of cigars. A couple 3-4 of us ante up 20-25 bucks each and do some collective parlays on big game days.

ETA: I in an NFL one... but it's down to 4 teams and getting ruff to pick. We didn't win more than we lost... but we hung in there and didn't go bankrupt. LOL. And it was fun as hell.
I don't know enough about college basketball to participate. Sorry man.

I'm down if it's only for college.

Yes just college. I don't like NBA until the playoffs. Then I'll watch a few games. Usually pick a game after college is done. It would be Ideal for 4 people. Easy box split number....LOL! Like we would win....LMAO!!