• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help on first purchase (are these real)

danarf1

OK so I bought a few boxes as my first online purchase after doing a lot of research and getting referals on the vendor from many of the long time guys on this site. I have some ISOM's that I got a long time ago from my dad when he went to cuba but I want to get your oppinion if you think these are real.

The box I got was Monte #4's

It showed up today. I checked the seal under a blacklight and there is the coat of arms glowing yellowish (good sign)

The thing that I am wondering about is #1 - look at the way the boarder sticker on the box is all uneven. Is this normal on the Monte #4's?

The Habanos sticker in the upper right has raised lettering but one site I checked said the sticker should have gold boardes with a solid black line on top and bottom as well. This only has the gold lines and no black lines on the border

Also the Habanos logo on the bottom of the box seems printed on to me more then burned into the wood. When I opened them they smell good and look good. They have tripple caps, look uniform in size and the wood seperator has the rounded knotch like its should. I am 50/50 on the fense here. Can any of you help me. Ill PM you the vendor if you want me to.

Here is the link to the pics

Pics

The simple answer is that if you bought them from a source recomended by an experienced member here then they are most certianly not fake. Beyond that, the pictures are not of a quality that is helpful.

Shooter can fly an airplane too, but that doesn't mean any of us are crazy enough to fly with him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shooter can fly an airplane too, but that doesn't mean any of us are crazy enough to fly with him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!

By the way I could not resist and had to smoke one today, and they do need some time in the humi but it was very very good. Cant wait till the no. 2's show up!!

Any ideas on what my next boxs should be? I have the itch now. I want to pack my tower humi full

Anyone seen the OEB OCT 07 code on Cristo #4's. Just wondering. I have no doubt (based on smoking, and fellow members assuring me) that these sticks are real but I did not see that code on the list of codes. I saw OEB 06.

Just wondering

Obvious fakes...there is no such cigar as a Montecristo #4. Besides cuban cigars are illegal in FL.

Just saying...

Obvious fakes...there is no such cigar as a Montecristo #4. Besides cuban cigars are illegal in FL.

Just saying...

haha you've got to be joking. do some research. Of course they are illegal in Fl. but there IS such thing as a monte #4. look it up.

I really think telling people that Cuban cigars are illegal (in the USA) in the Cuban cigar forum is a moot point, and a tad crass...

We are all adults here, capable of making our own decisions regarding the embargo.

I really think telling people that Cuban cigars are illegal (in the USA) in the Cuban cigar forum is a moot point, and a tad crass...

We are all adults here, capable of making our own decisions regarding the embargo.

I agree!

you built a giant humidor just for a box of Monte 4s?? Looks like a great humidor in your other pics

I agree Wurm, and it's also very unoriginal. As is saying "send them to me for inspection". But what are you gonna do. Some jokes never get old with some people and I guess that's o.k. :whistling:

I agree Wurm, and it's also very unoriginal. As is saying "send them to me for inspection". But what are you gonna do. Some jokes never get old with some people and I guess that's o.k. :whistling:

I wasn't attempting a "joke", rather more of a friendly reminder that discretion is always a virtue.

HAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!

By the way I could not resist and had to smoke one today, and they do need some time in the humi but it was very very good. Cant wait till the no. 2's show up!!

Any ideas on what my next boxs should be? I have the itch now. I want to pack my tower humi full

LOL...this "itch" is incurable. My advice is to take your time and buy after you've sampled singles to determine if they are to your liking.