• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need new & larger humidor...

Neuromancer

Banned
Reaction score
Any opinions?

Treasure Dome Humidor

I especially like the aerator on the bottom...currently I have what I guess to be about a 75-100 count humidor and with what I'm buying on CBid I need more space fast...

That't not a bad price, as long as you don't over bid.
Tampa Humidors sells it new for $149.95, link

If you just need more space I'd just go with a coolador. I started off with a tuppador and filled that up quickly so bought a humidor...filled that up, now use the humidor and tuppador, which will get filled with my newest purchase so I'll be going to the coolador myself. I'd rather put money into cigars instead of buying a couple humidors each year.

It's a nice looking humidor though and not too bad of a price for the size.

JimK said:
Hmmm....150 posts here in 10 days?

Here is some advice: Go straight to a cabinet!

JK
[snapback]216322[/snapback]​

Yes, but a lot of them were questions about cigars, and storage, and how this board and it's functions and forums work, just like here...and I'm trying to cut down but you're feeding my habit...:D...have to call you "the candyman"...

junkman_56 said:
That't not a bad price, as long as you don't over bid.
Tampa Humidors sells it new for $149.95, link
[snapback]216324[/snapback]​

Actually the first link says "Buy it Now" for $139.00 DAMN! I have see this humi and it is great. WTF did I wast my $$$ on two smaller humis when I could have gotten this for $139.00!!

I Say get it now.

Neuromancer said:
JimK said:
Hmmm....150 posts here in 10 days?

Here is some advice: Go straight to a cabinet!

JK
[snapback]216322[/snapback]​

Yes, but a lot of them were questions about cigars, and storage, and how this board and it's functions and forums work, just like here...and I'm trying to cut down but you're feeding my habit...:D...have to call you "the candyman"...
[snapback]216344[/snapback]​

This is called denial. :laugh:

NM,

Forget the second humidor. It will fill up way too fast. You need bulk storage my friend particularly since it sounds like you have found the cigar auctions!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Drive immediately to the nearest warehouse store and pick up the largest 152 quart cooler you can find. Costco usually has the best price on them. Set up a coolerdor for bulk and longer term storage, and use your existing humidor for the smokes you will be smoking in the next few weeks. A coolerdor is the cheapest form of controlled storage you can buy. Spend your money on smokes and not fancy humidors. My .02!

Neuro,

Trust me, I have been where you are going. When I started, I had about ten cigars that I kept in a piece of tupperware that I stole from my wife. Then I did a newbie sampler trade. What could it hurt? Then I did another. And another. Then my sherpa FOG starts sending my PMs about a cab split. I didn't even know what he was talking about, but hell, how bad could it be? Paypal sent. Then some more trades. Then two group buys. And it never ends.

I went from a tupperware and ten cigars to a $3500 humidor filled with about as much in cigars. And I couldn't be happier. :p

And I started right where you are. :laugh: And you're going faster than I was. Don't waste your time buying one desktop after another. You'll end up with four of them and they are a bitch to maintain. Just buy a cabinet to begin with and send me the money I just saved you. :)

armedak said:
NM,

Forget the second humidor. It will fill up way too fast. You need bulk storage my friend particularly since it sounds like you have found the cigar auctions!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Drive immediately to the nearest warehouse store and pick up the largest 152 quart cooler you can find. Costco usually has the best price on them. Set up a coolerdor for bulk and longer term storage, and use your existing humidor for the smokes you will be smoking in the next few weeks. A coolerdor is the cheapest form of controlled storage you can buy. Spend your money on smokes and not fancy humidors. My .02!
[snapback]216501[/snapback]​

No, no, no...I mean I have one humidor now that holds 75-100, and the one I want will hold about 250...I can't let it get that out of hand...I can't ever see having more than 300 cigars...that would be gluttony...:rolleyes:

Neuromancer said:
No, no, no...I mean I have one humidor now that holds 75-100, and the one I want will hold about 250...I can't let it get that out of hand...I can't ever see having more than 300 cigars...that would be gluttony...:rolleyes:
....these words will come back to haunt you, my friend.... :p

IMHO - you need one of these (minimum):

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...y_Code=Preorder

...high on my list; a couple of guys on these forums have 'em and have commented very favorably.

Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
Neuromancer said:

...high on my list; a couple of guys on these forums have 'em and have commented very favorably.

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]216556[/snapback]​

LOL...oh, yeah...I can really see sneaking one of those past my GF...

No, no, no...I mean I have one humidor now that holds 75-100, and the one I want will hold about 250...I can't let it get that out of hand...I can't ever see having more than 300 cigars ...that would be gluttony...:rolleyes:
[snapback]216552[/snapback]​
[/quote]

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign

BlindedByScience said:
Neuromancer said:

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]216556[/snapback]​

That would be a good start...

Neuromancer said:
armedak said:
NM,

Forget the second humidor.  It will fill up way too fast.  You need bulk storage my friend particularly since it sounds like you have found the cigar auctions!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Drive immediately to the nearest warehouse store and pick up the largest 152 quart cooler you can find.  Costco usually has the best price on them.  Set up a coolerdor for bulk and longer term storage, and use your existing humidor for the smokes you will be smoking in the next few weeks.  A coolerdor is the cheapest form of controlled storage you can buy.  Spend your money on smokes and not fancy humidors.  My .02!
[snapback]216501[/snapback]​

[snapback]216552[/snapback]​

NM,

Trust me 300 sticks is only a measly 12 boxes. Most members will admit they probably own more cigars than they can possibly smoke in their lifetimes!! :laugh: :laugh: A coolerdor is the cheapest way to secure the amount of bulk and long term storage you will need and much sooner than you think. The largest 152 quart cooler is about $64.00 at Costco. A pound of beads is about $30.00, and a digital hygro is $14.00 at Walmart. For around $100.00 you have established 152 quarts of controlled humidity storage for aging your cigars and storing all the cigar deals you are bound to find!!! :laugh:

Use your existing humidor to keep your short term smoking stash in top form. If you don't go the coolerdor route you will end up with multiple relatively expensive humidors which are a pain in the ass to maintain. Ask me how I know!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Also, as far as buying an expensive cabinet don't do it!! You will be spending plenty on smokes. By securing cheap reliable bulk storage for your smokes you will have more funds available to buy and enjoy your smokes. Welcome to the cigar buying err I mean cigar smoking hobby!!