• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need new & larger humidor...

BlindedByScience said:
Neuromancer said:
No, no, no...I mean I have one humidor now that holds 75-100, and the one I want will hold about 250...I can't let it get that out of hand...I can't ever see having more than 300 cigars...that would be gluttony...:rolleyes:
....these words will come back to haunt you, my friend.... :p

IMHO - you need one of these (minimum):

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...y_Code=Preorder

...high on my list; a couple of guys on these forums have 'em and have commented very favorably.

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]216556[/snapback]​

Hey, could I please ask all of you knowledgeable folks a question.....Just how big a difference is there goign to be between one like this one, and a humidor from http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat.htm ?

I would be putting an oasis system in, as I want the boxes to be able to be left and forgotten for a month on end, easily. Don't know if the extra 500 bucks (only 350 when you consider the cost of the oasis and refills) is worth it.....a little help?

atuck said:
So I'm a glutton am I? :0 :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]216760[/snapback]​
No atuck, we are just very envious of that wonderful collection you have.

Neuromancer said:
BlindedByScience said:
Neuromancer said:
No, no, no...I mean I have one humidor now that holds 75-100, and the one I want will hold about 250...I can't let it get that out of hand...I can't ever see having more than 300 cigars...that would be gluttony...:rolleyes:

...high on my list; a couple of guys on these forums have 'em and have commented very favorably.

Regards - B.B.S.

LOL...oh, yeah...I can really see sneaking one of those past my GF...
[snapback]216558[/snapback]​

No need to sneak man, that is a fine piece of furniture. I just got the very same humidor and couldnt be happer. i did pay another $49.00 and got the glass door though. Its full now but here are some pics the first week I got it. PICS

Don't waste your money on a desk top

smokelaw1 said:
BlindedByScience said:
Neuromancer said:

Regards - B.B.S.

Hey, could I please ask all of you knowledgeable folks a question.....Just how big a difference is there goign to be between one like this one, and a humidor from http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat.htm ?

I would be putting an oasis system in, as I want the boxes to be able to be left and forgotten for a month on end, easily. Don't know if the extra 500 bucks (only 350 when you consider the cost of the oasis and refills) is worth it.....a little help?
[snapback]217033[/snapback]​

They will essentially perform the same function. It is kind of like the difference between a Chevy and a Mercedes. They will both get you from point A to B, but there are big quality differences. For starters, the one at cheaphumidors is manufactured on an assembly line in China, and the Aristocrat is made by hand by Bob Staebell and his employees. The craftsmanship is incomparable, and Bob offers a lifetime warranty on his cabinet. The cheaphumidors cabinet is the low end of cabinet humidors, and the Aristocrat is up near the top. For value, I don't think you can beat the Aristocrat, you are getting a cabinet that is made in the USA, made of higher quality materials, and will last longer.

As I said, both will do the job, though I feel the Aristocrat will do it better, and for longer. If you can afford the Aristocrat, go for it. If not, go with cheaphumidors or bargainhumidors. Lots of guys on this site have cabinets from them and are happy with them. I'm a lucky guy; I just got a cabinet from Bob and I am thrilled with it. It is the one at the top of the front page of his site, built just for me.

JK

Neuromancer said:
armedak said:
NM,

Forget the second humidor.  It will fill up way too fast.  You need bulk storage my friend particularly since it sounds like you have found the cigar auctions!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Drive immediately to the nearest warehouse store and pick up the largest 152 quart cooler you can find.  Costco usually has the best price on them.  Set up a coolerdor for bulk and longer term storage, and use your existing humidor for the smokes you will be smoking in the next few weeks.  A coolerdor is the cheapest form of controlled storage you can buy.  Spend your money on smokes and not fancy humidors.  My .02!
[snapback]216501[/snapback]​

[snapback]216552[/snapback]​

Only 300??? Dude, when I started here all I had was a little 150 count humi. Then I got a 78quart cooler thinking that would do for a while, now I've got two that are pretty packed, and I just won the cigarpool. Heading out later today to get another cooler!

Good luck, and welcome to cpass! By the way, my friend Dale bought that treasure chest, it really is a great humi, but if you plan on being here for a while, it will fill up way too fast. ;)

John V.

JimK...thanks for such a great answer. Like I said, the 850, minus the cost of the electronic humificatior for a 1200 count would be about 650, right? then, assuming I was adding oasis and a top-notch electronic hygrometer, the other one would be up around 400, so for the 250 dollar netdifference, given everything you said, i think I will go for the aristocrat (what a surprise that I talked myself right into that one). I was going to build a coolerdor.

I have been (still am) resisting purchasing my next humidor. It's an admission, perhaps an acceptance, that I have succumb to the leaf. A coolerdor is the obvious choice. Spend money on cigars. Sounds about right.

Hell, the truth for me is nothing is quite like opening a humi. It's that first whiff of cedar and cigars that cause those little glands under your tongue to squirm with anticipation. Its the ritual. A humi says there is something extraordinary within it. Something you have either earned or are gestures of others friendships.

I suspect I will have to purchase less cigars and be more selective because humidors demand it. But with a coolerdor I can impulse buy, etc. Besides, not that many people will ever see my humi's and after-all cigars are the only thing that truly matter. But... ???

Think I'll have a smoke and ponder this... :cool:

Ironworker what do you use to control the RH%?

Btw, this thread has sprung me into thinking seriously about buying a new humidor. I am quickly approaching my 175 cigar limit.

armedak said:
Neuromancer said:
armedak said:
NM,

Forget the second humidor.  It will fill up way too fast.  You need bulk storage my friend particularly since it sounds like you have found the cigar auctions!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Drive immediately to the nearest warehouse store and pick up the largest 152 quart cooler you can find.  Costco usually has the best price on them.  Set up a coolerdor for bulk and longer term storage, and use your existing humidor for the smokes you will be smoking in the next few weeks.  A coolerdor is the cheapest form of controlled storage you can buy.  Spend your money on smokes and not fancy humidors.  My .02!
[snapback]216501[/snapback]​

[snapback]216552[/snapback]​

NM,

Trust me 300 sticks is only a measly 12 boxes. Most members will admit they probably own more cigars than they can possibly smoke in their lifetimes!! :laugh: :laugh: A coolerdor is the cheapest way to secure the amount of bulk and long term storage you will need and much sooner than you think. The largest 152 quart cooler is about $64.00 at Costco. A pound of beads is about $30.00, and a digital hygro is $14.00 at Walmart. For around $100.00 you have established 152 quarts of controlled humidity storage for aging your cigars and storing all the cigar deals you are bound to find!!! :laugh:

Use your existing humidor to keep your short term smoking stash in top form. If you don't go the coolerdor route you will end up with multiple relatively expensive humidors which are a pain in the ass to maintain. Ask me how I know!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Also, as far as buying an expensive cabinet don't do it!! You will be spending plenty on smokes. By securing cheap reliable bulk storage for your smokes you will have more funds available to buy and enjoy your smokes. Welcome to the cigar buying err I mean cigar smoking hobby!!
[snapback]216736[/snapback]​

OK - Capt. 'Coolerdor' :)

Please advise as to how many boxes of Zeeegars one can stuff into your 152qt. coolerdor. Pick a box, any box design - 8/9/8, 13/12, 10/10, 5/5/5/5/5 whatever. And give me an idea as to how many boxes will fit the 152qt'er.

Orrrrrr, if possible what are the interior dimensions for the 152qt'er. That would be the most informative. Also, is there a 'super' coolerdor manufacturer. I've heard of the 'Igloo' name, but are there better (or worst) brands.

Much Thanks,

pops

Ask and ye shall receive!! :p :p The interior dimensions of the 152 Qt Igloo are roughly 16 inches wide by 16 inches tall by 37 inches long. As far as number of boxes that is hard to say since there are so many different sizes and shapes. Better just to think in terms of volume of storage!!! :D :D Bottom line buy the biggest cooler you can find since you will fill it up! That is all from Capt Coolerdor!!