• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some guidance and advice on my Wineador/ Cigarcooler setup

The humidifier is the hydra unit you were looking at. I kept the original sponge for now and haven't seen any mold or need to tear it out yet (despite numerous people saying it will happen).

The temperature switch is this one - http://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Tempe...091376&sr=8-10&keywords=temperature+regulator

I use that to keep the wineador only running when it needs to cool from 68 degrees down to 66. The wineador plugs directly into that and the thermometer goes into the fridge. It turns off and on every few hours to cool.

I keep considering adding one of these as well -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017H28AV4?refRID=TS729YR2VSPE9TC9A47W&ref_=pd_ybh_a_19

That way I can plug the hydra into that and turn it up higher. It has its own hygrometer built in obviously, but sensing the humidity level around the thing producing humidity isn't really an accurate way to ensure the whole case is in good shape.

That's the long and short of it!

Oh, and as you can see I've got a bunch of my smaller boveda packs next to the hydra to refresh them at the moment. Just took a little trip with a bunch of them and they got a little dry. I do throw a few between boxes on stilts to help control excess humidity as well.

So long as I don't open it, the level stays consistently at 68% and between 66-68 degrees.

Oh, and that outlet temp control device I linked has an alarm as well that beeps pretty loud if the temp gets above 70.

Maybe it's a little over the top, but it works for me. :)

But with all these wires going inside your wineador under the seals I'm guessing ? Isn't leaking temp and humidity ?

I could drill and caulk the holes, but I find the gaps to be pretty small around the seal. The hydra has a ribbon wire so no issues there with seal. The thermometer is my only deal issue and I'm still seeing a very consistent temp and humidity.

I have always thought those boveda packs are made to provide humidity not absorb it.. This is interesting stuff.

I have always thought those boveda packs are made to provide humidity not absorb it.. This is interesting stuff.

Do a test, take that 72% boveda out of your humidor for a few days until it's almost dried out completely, then put it back into your humidor and watch what happens in a few days or weeks.

Last edited: