• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some guidance and advice on my Wineador/ Cigarcooler setup

Here is what I'm thinking ...

- get the hydra unit from Amazon $73
- replace the sponge inside the resvior with beads
- fill with dw
- have a small container with more beads to absorb any extra moist

This way I have the built in fan from my wineador and the additional fan from the hydra and utilize the additional beads to stabilize the humidity.

And keep in mind that as you fill your humidor, the cigars and boxes will eventually stabilize things once they are at your desired humidity level.

And keep in mind that as you fill your humidor, the cigars and boxes will eventually stabilize things once they are at your desired humidity level.
It doesn't help that I get shipments every other day .. Lol but I'm going to take a break.. I really don't have anymore room.

Here is what I'm thinking ...

- get the hydra unit from Amazon $73
- replace the sponge inside the resvior with beads
- fill with dw
- have a small container with more beads to absorb any extra moist

This way I have the built in fan from my wineador and the additional fan from the hydra and utilize the additional beads to stabilize the humidity.

Don't count on the beads to reabsorb the extra humidity. Get a couple of boveda packs for that, make sure to buy the ones with the desired humidity %. I see you have one in there that's 72%.

I would believe adding new boxes takes away from humidity?
Depends. Some boxes come over humidified and really wet. Others on the dry side. So depending on which it is depends on how it effects your humidity. Either way if the humidor is relatively full it won't have too drastic of an effect from adding a box or two.

Don't count on the beads to reabsorb the extra humidity. Get a couple of boveda packs for that, make sure to buy the ones with the desired humidity %. I see you have one in there that's 72%.

Yea, that's a single pack that was in one of my shipment. I personally never used the boveda packs. I will probably start on this project sometime in the next couple of days. I ordered everything needed from Amazon (thank god for Prime). I'll place all my boxes in a cooler with my current Xikar crystal humidifier for the time being. I'll keep wineador empty with the new setup for a week till it stabilizes where I want it (67-68RH).

Actually this was just a joke. Everybody here has said they would stop buying due to lack of space at one time or another.

It's really hard to stop buying,
especially when you come across good
Boxes for killer prices. The only space I have left is in drawers and bottom. The bottom however is where I will have my setup and I'm not sure if it's good idea to have boxes or anything there incase of any leaks. I'm a bit paranoid

This is why I have two humidors and ziplock bags all over the place.

Boxes for killer prices. The only space I have left is in drawers and bottom. The bottom however is where I will have my setup and I'm not sure if it's good idea to have boxes or anything there incase of any leaks. I'm a bit paranoid

In mine, I do notice some water buildup from time to time at the base. Actually, my solution was to buy a few 1 inch plastic gliders that you put on the bottom of chairs and put those at the base of my largest (and cheapest) box. I ended up using the gliders for a few other cheap boxes as well near the fans to help with circulation, but again, my wineador has zero shelves and is packed full to the top with boxes.

I also put a bunch of those large 60 gram boveda packs in each box (because I'm paranoid) at my desired humidity level. So despite the fridge itself being capable of handling loose cigars, all of mine have their own micro-climate that I check every few weeks.

It really comes down to what works for you, and how much time/energy you want to spend on your setup!

I'd like to suffer with a case of too many, but I need a case of too much $$$$$ first.

In mine, I do notice some water buildup from time to time at the base. Actually, my solution was to buy a few 1 inch plastic gliders that you put on the bottom of chairs and put those at the base of my largest (and cheapest) box. I ended up using the gliders for a few other cheap boxes as well near the fans to help with circulation, but again, my wineador has zero shelves and is packed full to the top with boxes.

I also put a bunch of those large 60 gram boveda packs in each box (because I'm paranoid) at my desired humidity level. So despite the fridge itself being capable of handling loose cigars, all of mine have their own micro-climate that I check every few weeks.

It really comes down to what works for you, and how much time/energy you want to spend on your setup!

Share a picture if you can

I cut a plastic solo cup and attached it to the back wall, under the unit. In case any condensation occurred, I had it channeled into a container of beads, at the bottom of the fridge. It worked great.

Share a picture if you can
If you are asking for pictures, let me share my old setup with you. Just like you, I was running out of space so then I added another wineador... And then....
CZh0SPKWAAIlsrU.jpg

IMG_20140810_135336_zpsltgf6lq8.jpg