• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some help, kinda urgent!

cypher

Hi everyone!

First post here and in dire need of help!

My brother is getting married in a three weeks to an Indian girl in India :) , and he wanted me to pick up around a 150-200 cigars from here (the US) as they are much cheaper here. Im going with a couple of my friends and my girlfriend so I wont have any issues with customs in India. The thing is I dont know too much about cigars and was going to pick up some sampler packs. The cigars would be for the guests to smoke during the 5 day event.

I've been reading up on cigars and seem to have found some decent deals but since I'm a complete noob I need some feed back. Here are some that I think seem like a good deal...

75 Ct. Sampler Galore! $167 so about 2.25 per stick

5 Padron Diplomatico
5 Macanudo Trump
5 Partagas Spanish Rosada Perfecto
5 Royal Jamaica
5 Macanudo Portofino
5 La Gloria Escuela
5 Bolivar Toro
5 Macanudo Prince Phillip
5 Partagas Black Magnifico
5 Bolivar Churchill
5 Partagas Black Label Piramide
5 Partagas No. 1
5 Bolivar Lonsdale
5 Padron Torpedo
5 Macanudo 8-9-8

http://factorydirectcigars.com/index...1D058EE6DE4D64

20ct Super Summer Sampler $39.99

1 - Romeo y Julieta 1875 Toro (6”x50)
1 - Don Diego Toro (6”x50)
1 - H. Upmann Toro (6”x50)
1 - Montecristo Platinum Toro (6”x50)
1 - Onyx Reserve Toro (6”x50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Toro (6”x50)
1 - Santa Damiana Toro (6”x50)
1 - Royal Jamaica Maduro Toro (6”x50)
3 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5”x50)
3 - El Mejor Espresso Robusto (5.5”x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Gold Robusto (5”x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5”x50)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...5&a...at=6&page=1

20ct Sampler to End all Samplers $69.99

1 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6" x 48)
1 - 601 Serie Green Oscuro Tronco (5" x 52)
1 - CI Legends by Don Pepin Garcia (5.75" x 54)
1 - Cuba Libre Magnum (5.5" x 55)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6" x 50)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (5" x 50)
1 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Graycliff 1666 Robusto (5.25" x 50)
1 - Gurkha Doble Maduro Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Fuerte Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Legend Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Master Select Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Sherpa Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Gurkha EL Enigma Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Man O’ War Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Padilla Habano Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
1 - Padilla Obsidian Torpedo (6" x 54)
1 - Rocky Patel Double Maduro Toro (6.5" x 52)
1 - Rocky Patel Fusion Churchill (7" x 48)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...4&a...at=6&page=1

I really dont want to get a lot of the same kind or the same price. I was looking to get some cheap ones and some expensive ones as well. Looking forward t hear what you have to say..

Thats all I found at the moment...please feel free to recommend more expensive ones as well if you feel that they are worth the price. I greatly appreciate you guys taking the time to read through this. Thanks in advanc

Honestly, I would just pick up about 5 or 6 boxes of cigars. Starting with Padron 2000 Maduros.

Samplers are a good idea. It's going to depend on how many people will be there that smoke cigars and how serious they are about the hobby. I always recommend Davidoff because they are classy, crowd pleasers and seem perfect for a wedding. Very pricey though. Padron is the best value IMHO.

Of the ones you listed I like sampler #3 for the most part. #1 doesn't seem too bad, a lot of people like Macanudo for some reason but if I was at that wedding I would be really hoping to get one of the Padrons because I don't personally like anything else on the list.

Good luck!

i ended up getting Padron 1926 #35's for my wedding. A very nice short smoke.

Give Al (puffstuff) or Israel (uptown_isy) a call or a PM. These guys are two of the best. Tell them what you are looking for. These guys will have some solid recommendations and I'm sure they have the stock to fix you up.

Good Luck - B.B.S.

You know........The guy came in here without posting an introduction, but he was just so darn polite.........That you can't help but look the other way. :cool:

X2 on what BBS said. Throwing my hat in the ring for Mark @ Tower Cigars. You can't go wrong with any of those three gentlemen.

I'll also say that there is not much that I like on the list of cigars you gave, except for the Padrons.

X2 on what BBS said. Throwing my hat in the ring for Mark @ Tower Cigars. You can't go wrong with any of those three gentlemen.
....we have more than a couple of great vendors, to be sure. Hard to recommend someone without forgetting someone else. Take a look in retailer's section and you'll find the guys that support CP; any of them are stand up folks that will treat you right.

...and, don't forget that intro thread, as well.... :whistling:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Hi everyone!

My brother is getting married in a three weeks to an Indian girl in India :) , and he wanted me to pick up around a 150-200 cigars from here (the US) as they are much cheaper here. Im going with a couple of my friends and my girlfriend so I wont have any issues with customs in India. The thing is I dont know too much about cigars and was going to pick up some sampler packs. The cigars would be for the guests to smoke during the 5 day event.

I've been reading up on cigars and seem to have found some decent deals but since I'm a complete noob I need some feed back. Here are some that I think seem like a good deal...

75 Ct. Sampler Galore! $167 so about 2.25 per stick

5 Padron Diplomatico
5 Macanudo Trump
5 Partagas Spanish Rosada Perfecto
5 Royal Jamaica
5 Macanudo Portofino
5 La Gloria Escuela
5 Bolivar Toro
5 Macanudo Prince Phillip
5 Partagas Black Magnifico
5 Bolivar Churchill
5 Partagas Black Label Piramide
5 Partagas No. 1
5 Bolivar Lonsdale
5 Padron Torpedo
5 Macanudo 8-9-8

http://factorydirectcigars.com/index...1D058EE6DE4D64

20ct Super Summer Sampler $39.99

1 - Romeo y Julieta 1875 Toro (6"x50)
1 - Don Diego Toro (6"x50)
1 - H. Upmann Toro (6"x50)
1 - Montecristo Platinum Toro (6"x50)
1 - Onyx Reserve Toro (6"x50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Toro (6"x50)
1 - Santa Damiana Toro (6"x50)
1 - Royal Jamaica Maduro Toro (6"x50)
3 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5"x50)
3 - El Mejor Espresso Robusto (5.5"x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Gold Robusto (5"x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5"x50)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...5&a...at=6&page=1

20ct Sampler to End all Samplers $69.99

1 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6" x 48)
1 - 601 Serie Green Oscuro Tronco (5" x 52)
1 - CI Legends by Don Pepin Garcia (5.75" x 54)
1 - Cuba Libre Magnum (5.5" x 55)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6" x 50)
1 - Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (5" x 50)
1 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Graycliff 1666 Robusto (5.25" x 50)
1 - Gurkha Doble Maduro Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Fuerte Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Legend Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Master Select Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Gurkha Sherpa Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Gurkha EL Enigma Torpedo (6" x 53)
1 - Man O' War Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Padilla Habano Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
1 - Padilla Obsidian Torpedo (6" x 54)
1 - Rocky Patel Double Maduro Toro (6.5" x 52)
1 - Rocky Patel Fusion Churchill (7" x 48)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...4&a...at=6&page=1

I really dont want to get a lot of the same kind or the same price. I was looking to get some cheap ones and some expensive ones as well. Looking forward t hear what you have to say..

Thats all I found at the moment...please feel free to recommend more expensive ones as well if you feel that they are worth the price. I greatly appreciate you guys taking the time to read through this. Thanks in advanc

Artuo Fuente Hemingway Short Story and a Fuente Hemingway Signature.

Good cigar for everyone....at a good price.

Now go an post an introduction before the kiddies come out and play!

Hi everyone!

My brother is getting married in a three weeks to an Indian girl in India :)

"K" is getting married?!?!?! OMG OMG OMG!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Interesting...I hear those Indian weddings are quite the experience. Nothing is left behind, noting is held back. I have a friend getting married over there very soon...maybe the same guy but he only has fraternity brothers, no biological ones. I am not sure that I am going to that one yet.

As to the cigars, I agree with buying some boxes. Get some decent sized Punch, some Fuente, some milder ones too. I agree with asking some of the folks here for leads on where and what to buy...you will get good guidance.

PM sent. Don't the rest of you ever say I don't do anything nice.

Hey guys! Thanks all for the quick responses and I apologize for not posting an introduction. This task was given to me last minute and wanted to get things rolling as soon as I could.

I'm really glad I found these forums....super friendly and helpful people here! Was reading through the rest of the forums and feel that cigar smoking is a hobby that I would really enjoy. I'm going to be smoking you're recommendations at the wedding and I'm confident I will be hooked :).

Indian weddings are supposed to be spectacular. The in-laws sent us some Hindi (Bolllywood ) movies to watch; very colorful and a lot of singing and dancing and their weddings are supposed to be a lot like that.

Also I need to correct myself; the wedding wont be in 3 weeks but thats when the festivities are going to start. The engagement party is going to be two weeks before the wedding, then the wedding and the reception is going to be two days after the wedding with a lot of smaller family/extended family things in between. So now i need to pick up some "better" cigars for the Scotch and Congnac drinking members of the family :). I'm really excited to see how they do things over there and hopefully get to meet a lot of hot Indian women !