• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some help

Charley

The Coolest Guy You Know
I have aquired a 5 pack of Cohiba Siglo VI and was wondring if anyone can help me ballpark the vintage on these. They are packaged in a box of 5 and each cigar is individually boxed as well. I have seen these boxes before but they usually contain tubes. Does anyone know if these are still available in this format and if not, when did they stop using it.

Thanks.
cool.gif

Let me save someone the trouble and say; The only way to tell is to smoke it. Send one my way and I'll pin point the exact moment it was rolled. :sign:

I have aquired a 5 pack of Cohiba Siglo VI and was wondring if anyone can help me ballpark the vintage on these. They are packaged in a box of 5 and each cigar is individually boxed as well. I have seen these boxes before but they usually contain tubes. Does anyone know if these are still available in this format and if not, when did they stop using it.

Thanks.
cool.gif

I had a 5 pack of Siglo I that was packaged exactly as you described. I got it back in the early 2000's... if I had to guess the specific year I'd probably say I got it in 2003. Can't help you any more than that Charley.

Pictures would be helpful. I have not seen Sig 6s in 5 pack cartons before, and as far as I know, they only come in packs of 3 tubes, cabs of 10 and cabs of 25. Unless you mistakenly put down VI and not IV, you might have issues with their authenticity. IVs come in carton packs of 5, but not the VIs.

Pictures would be helpful. I have not seen Sig 6s in 5 pack cartons before, and as far as I know, they only come in packs of 3 tubes, cabs of 10 and cabs of 25. Unless you mistakenly put down VI and not IV, you might have issues with their authenticity. IVs come in carton packs of 5, but not the VIs.

For some reason I want to say I have intact seen this before. Maybe a friend of mine had it? I'll do some searching.

I'm not doubting their authenticity. I did smoke one and it was really good. I've smoked a few others and these seeem right on par with those. It's just that based on how good it was I'm thinking they have some age on them. I've seen this packaging before with the smaller ring gauge sizes but not with the VI. The box is the same as with the tubos bot it is bigger. I figured that since I can't find them available in this format and because of how well one of them smoked, they must have some age on them. I will get some pics of the boxes asap and post them. Thanks guys.

I'm not doubting their authenticity. I did smoke one and it was really good. I've smoked a few others and these seeem right on par with those. It's just that based on how good it was I'm thinking they have some age on them. I've seen this packaging before with the smaller ring gauge sizes but not with the VI. The box is the same as with the tubos bot it is bigger. I figured that since I can't find them available in this format and because of how well one of them smoked, they must have some age on them. I will get some pics of the boxes asap and post them. Thanks guys.

Trevor says the package is still current:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba

Trevor says the package is still current:

http://www.cubanciga...px?brand=Cohiba

Where?

"Packaging:
P3at, vSLB10, vSLB25."

Also, according to HSA website, the carton packing of 5 is not listed. If you're confident of their authenticity, no worries. It may be a new packaging for the VIs and the websites have not been updated. I do know that they did not begin individually packing the VIs until late 2003 when they began packaging them in cartons of 3 tubes. One of my favorite smokes and luckily I still have a few of the original tubes from '03 left.

I notice that box is missing the dollar bill seal over the top. I've purchased 3er packs in very nice tubos, individually boxed like that here in iRaq that were fakes. YMMV.

I notice that box is missing the dollar bill seal over the top. I've purchased 3er packs in very nice tubos, individually boxed like that here in iRaq that were fakes. YMMV.

Yeah, the seal is missing. Can you take a picture of the bands?

Nice catch fellas!

I couldn't put my finger on it...but the missing lable is exactly it!

thumbs-up.gif

Gents,
I don't know the full date range of when the Sig VI were packaged in individual boxes, but I do know that all Siglos were available in the individual boxes between 2002 and 2003.
As far as the seal goes, these came in 5X5s. The surrounding box should have a seal, but I'm not sure about each 5 pack. That all depends on how the surrounding box is designed. However, a lot of the 5x5s I've purchased from different marcas had a seal on each 5 count box.

That's about all I can tell ya on these.
They definitely aren't released in that packaging currently.

There should be a seal on any of the 5x5/3x3 boxes. The date and factory code would be on the main box.

Note:
As with all sizes in the Siglo range, Siglo VI is presented in a Cabinet Selection Slide Lid Box containing 25 cigars . The box also incorporates some new design features such as the repositioning of the logo in the centre at the top of the lid, which will be added to all Cohiba packs over time .

Boxes of 10 cigars and gift packs containing 3 cigars are planned for shipment later in the year .

...and if you had a SIg VI in 2002 - that wasn't from the 1492 Humi - :

During the early months of 2003 the Cuban cigar industry started production of the standard Siglo VI and added the finishing touches to the packaging . However before the industry had made its first delivery to Habanos S.A. , cigars purporting to be Cohiba Siglo VIs started to appear in various markets around the world including Hong Kong , Switzerland and the United Kingdom . In early May Habanos S . A was forced to post a message on its website stating categorically that these cigars were fakes .

The first shipments from Cuba of genuine Siglo VIs took place at the end of May 2003 .

Well, I recieved some info from Tomthirtysix that pretty much confirms that these are fake. When I got home I inspected them a liitle closer and found that the bands do not measure up to some others that I have. The black area with the white squares seems faded and the yellow area seems a little light. The thing that is perplexing about this is that I smoked one of these before starting this thread and it smoked well and tasted great. Now maybe I got lucky here and these fakes or actually really good smokes or maybe it's a psycho-schematic thing and my experience was tainted by my anticipation. Anyway, I'm going to try to smoke another one this weekend with a little more skepticism and see how it goes.

Thank you to everyone who helped me solve this mystery. I really appreciate the help.

cool.gif

Often you will find counterfit cigars rolled with good quality tobacco these days. This is what keeps you coming back and thinking they are real. Years ago the unsophisticated counterfeiters did not care what they rolled with as they didn't expect you too ever come back. Today's counter feiters want the return business which obviously is more profitable.

Bob