• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some suggestoins

LOCAL669

Hey brothers, I am recently learnig more about isoms. I have enjoyed a few and disliked a few. I get a hard to describe taste from the ones that I have enjoyed, I desribe as a peanut butter oil in my throat ( if that makes any sense LOL ). I really enjoy smoking Vegas Robania's and was looking for something to try along that line. Any suggestions on a few starters to try, I am really new the whole isom thing and looking for some places to start exploring.

Thank You

Can never go wrong IMOP with Monte #2, or a little lighter Diplamatico #2

Brian

Start at the top and work your way down.

Taste is subjective, smoke as many as you can, if you can and you will find your niche.

Brian

Hey brothers, I am recently learnig more about isoms Cuban cigars/Habanos/Havanas/CCs. I have enjoyed a few and disliked a few. I get a hard to describe taste from the ones that I have enjoyed, I desribe as a peanut butter oil in my throat ( if that makes any sense LOL ). I really enjoy smoking Vegas Robania's and was looking for something to try along that line. Any suggestions on a few starters to try, I am really new the whole isom thing and looking for some places to start exploring.

Thank You
Unfortunately, with Vegas Robaina, you've started on one of the more distinctive Habanos out there. If you like that weight and density of pure tobacco flavor, you might try the Partagas Shorts and Serie du Connoisseur, Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas and Allones Specially Selected, Bolivar Coronas Extra and Royal Coronas. A dark horse candidate might be the San Cristobal La Fuerza. This stick is quite distinctive but tends to trigger a love-hate reaction.

Start at the top and work your way down.

Taste is subjective, smoke as many as you can, if you can and you will find your niche.

Brian
There you go.

Wilkey

Vegas Robaina's Famoso's are one of my favorites. Great consistent cigar and I like the flavor profile, however the only draw back to this cigar to me, is it's lack of complexity. Wilkey made some very good suggestions, and I totally agree with the Bolivar line, the RC's being one of my favorites. You can't go wrong with the BBF's either. I would highly recommend H. Uppman Mag 46's as well, especially if you want to try a cigar with some complexity.

Great input, I thank you all. I have some places to start, from there I can get something going. Again, thank you all.

You can't go wrong with the BBF's either. I would highly recommend H. Uppman Mag 46's as well, especially if you want to try a cigar with some complexity.
Good call on the BBFs, especially in the recent vintage. He might not want to wait for the Mag46s though. Some folks feel these don't really come around for 3-5 years. As a person who generally enjoys young cigars, I'm inclined to agree.

Wilkey

I enjoyed a Petit HDM. It was very tasty, full of nice flavors.

Hoyo, La Gloria Cubana, Montecristo, and Bolivar are by far my favorites in terms of good "Cuban Flavor". Never had a VR as of yet, but these have such a great unique complex flavor profile that separates them from most other CC's, IMHO.

I enjoyed a Petit HDM. It was very tasty, full of nice flavors.

Just grabbed a box of these, smoke only one but I must say a descent cigar. Seems like it would fit in nicely as a morning cigar with some good coffee.

Glad to hear you liked the HDM PR, great smoke for the money. If you want something with a little more kick. I would definitely try a Mag46.

Just got one of these puppies in a trade, gonna spark it up today and see what I thinks!!