• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need to build a coolidor

I like to use the styrofoam coolers myself. They are much cheaper, and they seal tighter...especially if you find one with an overlocking lid. I have a few scraps of spanish cedar from a cabinet that I turned into a humidor at my old house. I throw a piece or two in there, and it keeps a nice 68-70% with one large rectangle humidifier. The one I use only holds about 7-8 boxes though.

Never seen the foam ones used. Less money spent on stuff is more money spent on cigars. :thumbs:

Emo

THanks for the tip. I think we have one of those around the house. I'll have to see how well this one works.

Phil

I would be careful using one that has been used for food and whatever else though. Make sure it doesn't smell. You wouldn't want your dog fecal matter smelling of anything but what it should smell like...ya dig??? :p

mhn said:
I would be careful using one that has been used for food and whatever else though. Make sure it doesn't smell. You wouldn't want your dog fecal matter smelling of anything but what it should smell like...ya dig??? :p
I almost forgot to mention that. Make sure the inside is 'odor free', and clean. Worst thing is to have something on the inside of it, and have a box get stuck...

hmmmmmmm, maybe a new one would be best. I don't want no trouble.

I've "heard" that the coolers that hospitals use to transport human organs seal perfectly :(

mhn said:
I've "heard" that the coolers that hospitals use to transport human organs seal perfectly :(
Yeah man, and that bodily fluid tastes great on big ol' opus! :love:

mhn said:
That is just plain nasty!!

Dont you want a little bit of outside are comming in. I though a little was good.

I agree. Get a 150 quart to "start". I too now have both my 50 and 150 hunie full and am looking for another. Damn, I never thought this would happen when I started. My wife thinks I am insane!!!

tschoon said:
I agree. Get a 150 quart to "start". I too now have both my 50 and 150 hunie full and am looking for another. Damn, I never thought this would happen when I started. My wife thinks I am insane!!!
LMAO Bruddah! Welcome to the Club!!! It's a sickness I tell ya!

Aloha,

Wade