• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need your thoughts...

SamGuss

Hi everyone,

Melly got back from the doctor's last night for a checkup on some abdomen pain she has been having. The doctor after proding, poking and all that is uncertain of the problem but to be on the safe side wants Melly to undergo a Thalium (spelling?) Test. Apparently in this test, they hook an IV to you, have you do some cardovascular on a treadmill, pump you full of some dye and check and see if the dye is circulating through the body correctly.

Her father, after losing a lot of weight had a heart attack, so we are fearful of that and a good friend of ours who is our junior by several years has already had one. With Melly not yet 30, this is the type of test that you don't want to hear that you have to take.

Today she will be notified of when she needs to go into the hospital (I am assuming it is an in-out procedure pretty much) to undergo this test. In the meantime I am asking the family to keep her in her thoughts, prayers, meditation, whatever it is you do. I appreciate it.

Sam

Sam,
Be assured that Mel will be in our prayers and thoughts. (as will you Sam, we know that these things are hard on everyone) Lets hope this is nothing more than a Dr. being really safe.

sibernation said:
Sam,
Be assured that Mel will be in our prayers and thoughts. (as will you Sam, we know that these things are hard on everyone) Lets hope this is nothing more than a Dr. being really safe.
DITTO!!!!! HANG IN THERE BRO!!!!!!

Thanks guys. It is probably nothing more than re-occuring indigestion, but you know how it is, you get worried, do some comparing, and worry like hell.

Appreciate your thoughts/prayers!

Sam

Thoughts, prayers and major mojo heading your way Sam. Tell Melly we are thinking of her.

We'll all be hoping the best for you.

And don't start getting worked up yet. This test is to RULE OUT the bad stuff. Like you said, it's probably just some reoccuring indigestion on something.

Dave ;)

Sam we're sending you and Mel all of best vibes and good wishes ;)

BenjieV :D

Ditto the ruling out the bad stuff. Don't Dr.s get a kickback from the hospital for the test they order? :p Good thoughts and prayers that it will turn out to be just expensive indigestion.

Melly,
best of luck with everything! I'm sure it will be fine!
keep us posted Sam!

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. Yeah I can see me now in a couple days when we know what's up.. "Yeah typical doctors, blah blah blah" and for once I am hoping that is all it is, being a typical doctor ;)

Sam

Hey all :)

Thank you for all the well wishes...and thanks to my Sweetie Pie for being so concerned. I should know this afternoon or in the morning when my appt is. My guess is that my doctor wants to rule out the big stuff before he goes to what else it could be, for which I am thankful. Having had the gastric bypass surgery, ya gotta be really careful about stuff like this (well ya gotta be careful anyway) and so I am just hopeful that it's nothing more than say a hernia or maybe an ulcer or some such as that.

Love you all :)

melly :love:

Best of luck to the both of you! :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've a close friend who had the gastric bypass surgery so I've had some experience with this kind of thing. I'm sure it's nothing serious. Stay positive!

-Craig

Whether it's serious or not, it's good you're having this checked out! Pain is the body's Emergency Broadcast System, and most times it's a false alarm, but when it's not...

Best wishes to both of you for a successful outcome! :)

Good luck on the doctor's visit... My thoughts are with you.

On a side note, the stress test does work well... my mom has had to go through many after a 'doctor' misdiagnosed a heart problem with asthma.

Just hope that Melly can go through the treadmill test, my mom says that the (as she puts it) 'liquid heart attack' stress test is very awful to go through.

Try to keep relaxed. Getting upset may only cause false symptoms. I know its hard to, but you relax and let us do your worrying. My thoughts and prays are yours as are everyone else's at CP. :)

I wish you all the best in your testing.

NOTE: It is not uncommon for women to give a false positive in a stress test, due to all of the soft tissue and other contributing factors. A Cardiac Cath. can tell all.

I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife Sam. I hope everything turns out ok for you guys.