• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Neti Pot - My new best friend

Undegreed

You're unique...just like everyone else
On Christmas Eve I came down with the cold from Hell. It started in my chest and by the end of Christmas day my nose was masquerading as a snot fountain. Every decongestant I took wouldn’t do anything to relieve the pressure in my sinus’ or dry up the snot fountain. Yesterday I google’d “best decongestant” and got the standard search results. However, hidden amongst the Sudafed’s and Claritin D’s was something called a Neti Pot. After a little investigation I thought it was worth a try. A Neti Pot looks like a little teapot. You fill the pot with a salt and water solution then stick the spout up one nostril, tilt your head sideways and hold your chin slightly lower than your forehead. As the salt water enters one nostril it passes through a portion of your sinus cavity and exits out the other nostril. After the pot is empty you refill it with salt water and do it all again from the other nostril. All I can say is “What a relief.” The pressure reduction is amazing. I did it three times yesterday and first thing this morning. I feel alive again. I love my new best friend the Neti Pot.

thanks for the heads up. Fortunately for me I happened to have distilled water for my humidor.

I've been using the more forceful NeilMed Sinus Rinse "bullet" a couple of times a day, especially after smoking a cigar or the morning. I just use bottled water for convenience. Ever since starting this therapy, I haven't had an allergy attack or sinusitis episode and I used to always carry an Allegra D in my fanny pack.

I've been using the more forceful NeilMed Sinus Rinse "bullet" a couple of times a day, especially after smoking a cigar or the morning. I just use bottled water for convenience. Ever since starting this therapy, I haven't had an allergy attack or sinusitis episode and I used to always carry an Allegra D in my fanny pack.

I use this product, too, and swear by it. It is not the most comfortable thing in the world but you can't beat the results. We occasionally use it on our kids which may sound like cruel and unusual punishment, but they hardly ever get sick anymore. They don't care for it, either, but they are too young to call CPS, so we should be good for ahwile. :laugh:

My wife told me about these last year and said if used right they are amazing.