• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never Forget

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
h57658.jpg

Doc

Just like to say thank you to all who serve our country both then and now. Your sacrifices do not go unnoticed.

My wife's family just went to see the memorial a few weeks ago while in Hawaii. They both said that they couldn't believe the devastation of Pearl Harbor until presented with all of the facts during the tour.

70 years ago. That generation is fast disappearing.

It was 11 years ago that I visited the memorial. Very somber and emotional experience.

I better not ever forget it as it is my anniversary. We actually got married on the North shore of Oahu at Turtle Bay. The wife picked the day. She was not born in the states so did not know date's importance.

Took my kids to see Pearl Harbor just about a year ago. They knew that something bad happened on Dec 7th a long time ago, much the same way they know September 11th means something. But visiting Pearl and seeing the ships and where men slept and ate and then looking down at the wreckage of the Arizona from the memorial added something tangible for them. I highly recommend visiting if at all possible.