• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Car Opinions Please

Edit: Holy crap, I didn't realize those rides were so much money. For that kinda bank I'm rolling a TL, an IS350, or a G37.

My vote goes for a Mazdaspeed 6!

I've driven all of those cars regularly and the nicest by far is the CTS. The Charger/300 IMO have no sport in them with terrible turning radii and general softness.

My son loves his new BMW M6
(Could you guess I love my '97 Mustand Cobra Convertable)

Edit: Holy crap, I didn't realize those rides were so much money. For that kinda bank I'm rolling a TL, an IS350, or a G37.

My vote goes for a Mazdaspeed 6!

I've driven all of those cars regularly and the nicest by far is the CTS. The Charger/300 IMO have no sport in them with terrible turning radii and general softness.

The problem with a lot of these comparisons is matching apples to apples...these are not matching. i'd have to check - but - I think these will be less roomy...and with less of a warranty..as well as HP. Even if I'm mistaken I'm right.

:sign:

The Charger, 300, and CTS are all very nice cars. But if I were you and you can wait, I'd take a look at the Lincoln MKS (due out this summer).

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

You'll get the convenience of the four doors, huge cargo room, four wheel drive, and you'll blow the doors off of just about anything else around.

Is there a reason why you chose these particular three? Or you like all three equally that you want people to argue which one is better?

It really depends on what you want out of your car experience. Do you have luxury? You want flat-out straight line performance or more handling than screaming?

Look-wise, I like the CTS. Unless you are talking about the SRT version of the 300, then obviously that'll be awesome. I'm more of a smaller car kinda guy. All three seem too bulky to have great handling. I have yet to drive any of the three, but they seem like boats, so if I were to get one, it'd be more for cruising.

Andrew

I have a chrysler 300 and I love the car. its a great ride.. although its my second car. my first car is my corvette

We tested a 300c when they first came out. The one we drove had a HUGE blind spot, especially for my wife. Of course she's 5'5" and I didn't really notice it at 6' tall. It had balls and seemed to handle fairly well. It was quite soft, but for normal daily driving I thought it would be just fine.

No experience with the others.

I haven't driven an American car in almost a decade. Out of those three I'd get the CTS. We joke the 300 is the poor mans Bentley and I can't get my mind around a four door remake of one of my favorite muscle cars. CTS takes my vote.

In other car news. I'm thinking about trading in my S2000 for the new BMW 135i

Get a nice used Jaguar XJ8! :thumbs:

No need to drop 80K+ on a new one, 2001 - 2003 are my preferences (they changed them in late 2003, early 2004) BUT 2004 and up are nice too! The 2004 and up (X350) are an all aluminum body which is cool but I like the looks of the '01 - '03 (X308) better. However, that's getting on the "old" side for most people so the heck with it, go for an X350, you won't be disappointed! :thumbs:

The newest car I've ever owned is ten years old so I'm still in the 1995-1997 (X300) time frame. :D The 1998-2000 (X305) are NO GOOD (bad engines) which they fixed in late '00 for the '01 model year. However, if you can find a '98-'00 that has had a factory replacement engine, you're good to go.

Anytime you want to run that Jag up against a real car CC, I'm in. :laugh:

Doesn't anyone like the SS Impala but me?!

Fish "Go Chevy!"

Thanks for all (on and off topic) responses. Still shopping.