• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Cigar Box Clocks Up For Grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moki's not a very stationary guy, he moves around a lot and likes to travel the world.

His company's stationery is very nice though.......

:rolleyes:

How about this...The guy that has sent Wade the boxes has a right to 1/3 to the profit from clocks. Wade supplied the time and parts...2/3 of the profit...If he was unaware Wade were making money from them that is an honorable way to settle this. If he just wants to give em to Wade that is between Wade and him.

Move the clock sales to the proper place...All is well.

nicktressler, i have learned my lesson about jumping in where i have no buisness . let these guys handle it . they know more about this than you. if you do not know all the rules and facts keep comments to yourself .i have learned my lesson . learn yours. this is a great place and i am learning that if you do not jump into things that are already being handled they tend to work out just fine.

nicktressler, i have learned my lesson about jumping in where i have no buisness . let these guys handle it . they know more about this than you. if you do not know all the rules and facts keep comments to yourself .i have learned my lesson . learn yours. this is a great place and i am learning that if you do not jump into things that are already being handled they tend to work out just fine.
:thumbs:

Wilkey

Thread has been moved to the vendor forum.

If you keep writing like a teenager on myspace be forewarned, CC will be all over you. :whistling: ???

Brian

If you keep writing like a teenager on myspace be forewarned, CC will be all over you. :whistling: ???

Brian

Yeah using Caps makes a big difference, great post though o2thd!

Brian
You think that's bad. Take a gander at this front page article in our local paper's Sunday edition.

Trivia note: I worked with the Middletown High teacher Abby Shubert on a research project last Spring. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I've recently had a fine BOTL here on CP send me over 40 boxes in one shot, I had no idea they were coming, none, he never asked for anything in return, so I guess that's my bad.
Wade

This has taken another turn...Did the guy know you made clocks for a LIVING or did he just think he was helping a brother help other brothers. If he did not know this you should have refused to accept the boxes for free.

This would be no different than selling gifted cigars. I don't know the answer to my question. I'm just asking it.

I'm not picking on you...But you did raise a serious qustion in my mind.

The person who sent them knew Wade made the clocks and that he was trading/selling them here.

And I've seen alot of clocks that are not as nice as Wade's go for a lot more money without shipping, so I don't understand the problem with him offering them up for sale in the SALES forum. I personally wanted the first Padrón clock he had for sale but it was one of the very first to go out the door, so it wasn't to be.

Is it Kitsch? Damn straight! But its good kitsch, that I wouldn't have minded having hanging over my Humidor.

name='The Volusianator' date='Dec 10 2006, 02:23 AM' post='406763']
They'll go for more one E-bay anyway.

That's where it belongs, although I highly doubt your comment is true. Why turn this place into your personal flea market?

-D

And why shouldn't anyone here who might like to have a cigar box clock be forced to buy one from him on Ebay?

A LOT of CP BOTLs have purchased or traded for his clocks and AFAIK are very happy with them.

Your not interested in one? Stay out of the thread.

*edit* to fix the broken [ Q U O T E ] tags.

Stay out of the thread? Who made you the King of the internet? I have a clock, spent the $4.00 for the mechanism, drilled a hole. Took me 15 minutes and a whole lot less than $30.00. But I defer to your superior intellect oh internet god.....

i just find it easier to not worry a bout puncuation unless i am screaming or something,ya know. but I( :0 ) will work on it . lol

I've recently had a fine BOTL here on CP send me over 40 boxes in one shot, I had no idea they were coming, none, he never asked for anything in return, so I guess that's my bad.
Wade

This has taken another turn...Did the guy know you made clocks for a LIVING or did he just think he was helping a brother help other brothers. If he did not know this you should have refused to accept the boxes for free.

This would be no different than selling gifted cigars. I don't know the answer to my question. I'm just asking it.

I'm not picking on you...But you did raise a serious qustion in my mind.

The person who sent them knew Wade made the clocks and that he was trading/selling them here.

And I've seen alot of clocks that are not as nice as Wade's go for a lot more money without shipping, so I don't understand the problem with him offering them up for sale in the SALES forum. I personally wanted the first Padrón clock he had for sale but it was one of the very first to go out the door, so it wasn't to be.

Is it Kitsch? Damn straight! But its good kitsch, that I wouldn't have minded having hanging over my Humidor.

name='The Volusianator' date='Dec 10 2006, 02:23 AM' post='406763']
They'll go for more one E-bay anyway.

That's where it belongs, although I highly doubt your comment is true. Why turn this place into your personal flea market?

-D

And why shouldn't anyone here who might like to have a cigar box clock be forced to buy one from him on Ebay?

A LOT of CP BOTLs have purchased or traded for his clocks and AFAIK are very happy with them.

*edit* to fix the broken [ Q U O T E ] tags.

Stay out of the thread? Who made you the King of the internet? I have a clock, spent the $4.00 for the mechanism, drilled a hole. Took me 15 minutes and a whole lot less than $30.00. But I defer to your superior intellect oh internet god.....

:rolleyes: Give me a break. Did I somehow upset you while posting my opinion, sorry about that, but spouting off at me isn't going to make much of an impact in my life, just so you know.

To Sarge's original point, yes, it looks like Wade is profiting from the clocks. I agree that in this forum, thats not cool. So what if Rod scooches this whole string into the vendor area? Will that satisfy your objections?

That would be best...But another question is still unanswered. Did Wade profit from free boxes sent to him by a person that did not full realize what was going on? To me that is a big credibility issue. If the person had knowledge of it...No foul.

How would you like it if you gifted me some cigars that you thought would be passed around to other people without profit...Then I turned around and sold them for profit?

All he has to do is answer the question truthfully. He has a responsibility to be honest in his dealings.

Credibility is on the line here...Reguardless of you seeing it or not.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure it was Moki who sent Wade the ton of boxes, 50 pounds couldn't have just been cigars, so if it was him he could lets us know. And I'm betting that if it was Moki, he knew what Wade was planning on doing with them and approved of it. Moki strikes me as being more than a bit savy regarding business.

Assuming it is me that's being talked about here... yeah, I fully expected that Wade would make money on the cigar boxes I sent him. That was part of the gift, in my mind. I don't have any problem with people turning a profit, as long as everyone is on the same page.

That said, I think moving this thread, and sales of jerky/steaks/humidipucks, etc. to the retailer section makes sense too. If it is a business you're making a profit from, then it should be in the retailer section.

Implying that he should not voice his viewpoint if he was not interested in purchasing a schlock clock was ridiculous, Shawn.

To Sarge's original point, yes, it looks like Wade is profiting from the clocks. I agree that in this forum, thats not cool. So what if Rod scooches this whole string into the vendor area? Will that satisfy your objections?

That would be best...But another question is still unanswered. Did Wade profit from free boxes sent to him by a person that did not full realize what was going on? To me that is a big credibility issue. If the person had knowledge of it...No foul.

How would you like it if you gifted me some cigars that you thought would be passed around to other people without profit...Then I turned around and sold them for profit?

All he has to do is answer the question truthfully. He has a responsibility to be honest in his dealings.

Credibility is on the line here...Reguardless of you seeing it or not.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure it was Moki who sent Wade the ton of boxes, 50 pounds couldn't have just been cigars, so if it was him he could lets us know. And I'm betting that if it was Moki, he knew what Wade was planning on doing with them and approved of it. Moki strikes me as being more than a bit savy regarding business.

Assuming it is me that's being talked about here... yeah, I fully expected that Wade would make money on the cigar boxes I sent him. That was part of the gift, in my mind. I don't have any problem with people turning a profit, as long as everyone is on the same page.

That said, I think moving this thread, and sales of jerky/steaks/humidipucks, etc. to the retailer section makes sense too. If it is a business you're making a profit from, then it should be in the retailer section.

Thanks for clearing up the issue at hand...The thread is in the proper place now and the method for getting the boxes is legit.

Implying that he should not voice his viewpoint if he was not interested in purchasing a schlock clock was ridiculous, Shawn.

That wasn't what I meant Kirk, I meant if someone isn't / wasn't interested in buying one, why even bother to go in the thread to begin with.

And I wasn't talking to him directly, and I apologize if he took it that way.

Dan I am sorry, I wasn't aiming at you directly and I hope you will accept my apology.

Dan I am sorry, I wasn't aiming at you directly and I hope you will accept my apology.

If you send him a case of weiner schnitzel und ihre besten fetten zigarren, I'll pretend it never happened. :whistling:

If you send him a case of weiner schnitzel und ihre besten fetten zigarren, I'll pretend it never happened. :whistling:

lol cigars I can do... schnitzels are out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.