• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Contest

For Chris brother

A fellow member, as of a fraternity, trade union, or panel of judges on a court.

And it counts for SOTL too.

psst... look up at #65 :whistling:

Damnit, I was in the middle of the last post and my phone rang and I missed everything from when I started to when I actually hit "add reply" umm, whoever came up with that one is good. How about

comrade

1. a person who shares in one's activities, occupation, etc.; companion, associate, or friend.
2. a fellow member of a fraternal group, political party, etc.

For Chris brother

A fellow member, as of a fraternity, trade union, or panel of judges on a court.

And it counts for SOTL too.

psst... look up at #65 :whistling:

Damnit, I was in the middle of the last post and my phone rang and I missed everything from when I started to when I actually hit "add reply" umm, whoever came up with that one is good. How about

comrade

1. a person who shares in one's activities, occupation, etc.; companion, associate, or friend.
2. a fellow member of a fraternal group, political party, etc.

Yeah, that guy's a freakin' genius. :D

maybe even better than puerile is a leaf, as in Ryan Leaf.

Leaf-
def: one who completely screws over his team and just pretends to care to get more playing time.

WordNet - Cite This Source idiot

noun
a person of subnormal intelligence

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

I came to this community to learn, to see what BOTL is all about. Everyone makes mistakes, maybe even more than one. But we all have one thing in common and thats the love of cigars. Hopefully one day that will mean more than mistakes made in the past.
Joel, do you think that you are an idiot? Making mistakes(wow) doesn't make you an idiot. Your actions and reactions are what define you as a person. Never make the mistake of letting people think that you think so little of yourself. I noticed in re-reading this thread that no one took an opportunity to spin my contest back on me and give a word that put you in a good light. I made a mistake, I took the low road. You are young, you have no life experience and you have no understanding of responsibility. Responsibility for your community, the well being of the others around you. I'm going to send my fiver to Cory(Blue Dragon). I consider him a good friend and I love the fact that he make me re-think about what I was doing here! The high road is always more difficult but well worth the effort! I would like to apologize to the board for this contest and hope that my childish reaction to someone who annoys me won't define me!

Thanks for all the colorful words and wonderful definitions especially for Chris' contest!

I'm going to send my fiver to Cory(Blue Dragon). I consider him a good friend and I love the fact that he make me re-think about what I was doing here! The high road is always more difficult but well worth the effort! I would like to apologize to the board for this contest and hope that my childish reaction to someone who annoys me won't define me!

Nice Play Smokeyballs.....I think we all can learn from what you just said....myself included.

I think you'll find more than two, if you look again. Well done Brad, Cory!

Only two members have given me much appreciated advice on how to get out of the rocky situation. I will take their advice. Just to make clear for everyone. I have paid off all of the so called debts, made the neccessary apology to everyone I offended, tried to make good with Brad, never took a stab at the Outlaw, I just never realized how outrageous some cigar price mark ups really are. Anything I really can do to get out of the shit house would be very appreciated and helpful. Thank you

??

Was there any uncertainty about what you owed and to whom?
Did anyone allege that they were due something to which they were not entitled?
Your choice of words is intriguing.

First...

Smoky... You're a truly standup guy who's done quite a lot to make this community a great place! I don't think you owe an apology to anyone for starting a contest based on a negative. I completely understand why you apologized to the board, however, I very respectfully disagree. I do agree that Defetis should not characterize himself as an 'idiot.' Showing compasion for others who make human errors, mistakes, is truly looking out for your brother and showing a high degree of self-respect. It's a far cry from making mistakes and revealing one's character. What Joel has shown is a very immature and distasteful quirk in his own character, or lack of it, which he may grow out of in time or he may not. This entire tiresome situation(s) will, I'm sure, serve as a great example (on the positive side) to how one should endeavor to act and/or not act. Making good on debts, speaking kindly of others, looking for guidance from FOGS when unsure about a situation (which would include bouncing a potential post off of a FOG before hitting the 'add reply' button) are just a few of the lessons that certainly could be learned here.

I appreciate the guys on this board, the good and the bad. The virtual world isn't much different than the real world. There's good and bad. I look for the good whenever I can and seeing the bad makes it all that more easier for me to recognize the truly good.

Now for my contest... the word that best decribes a BOTL! There were some great words. Cory's, Lodestar, was excellent and the early-English reference was intriguing. Friend was another great choice, thanks for that Sam (but seriously... you win way too many contests ;)). The word I like the best is simply Brother. Tom and Doug both win! 5er's heading to you guys (PM me your addy). Congrats, Brothers! :thumbs:

First...

Smoky... You're a truly standup guy who's done quite a lot to make this community a great place! I don't think you owe an apology to anyone for starting a contest based on a negative. I completely understand why you apologized to the board, however, I very respectfully disagree. I do agree that Defetis should not characterize himself as an 'idiot.' Showing compasion for others who make human errors, mistakes, is truly looking out for your brother and showing a high degree of self-respect. It's a far cry from making mistakes and revealing one's character. What Joel has shown is a very immature and distasteful quirk in his own character, or lack of it, which he may grow out of in time or he may not. This entire tiresome situation(s) will, I'm sure, serve as a great example (on the positive side) to how one should endeavor to act and/or not act. Making good on debts, speaking kindly of others, looking for guidance from FOGS when unsure about a situation (which would include bouncing a potential post off of a FOG before hitting the 'add reply' button) are just a few of the lessons that certainly could be learned here.

I appreciate the guys on this board, the good and the bad. The virtual world isn't much different than the real world. There's good and bad. I look for the good whenever I can and seeing the bad makes it all that more easier for me to recognize the truly good.

Now for my contest... the word that best decribes a BOTL! There were some great words. Cory's, Lodestar, was excellent and the early-English reference was intriguing. Friend was another great choice, thanks for that Sam (but seriously... you win way too many contests ;) ). The word I like the best is simply Brother. Tom and Doug both win! 5er's heading to you guys (PM me your addy). Congrats, Brothers! :thumbs:

Well put...and well done!

Thanks for the contest!

Wow.

If you hit this thread in the middle, you might have thought you had stumbled across some kind of "Senior Level Hooked on Phonics" or something.

Mercy boys!! :p

Nicely done, Brad and Chris. Great choices for the winners.

For the first time in what seems like forever, I logged in to CP expecting to read more definitions thats probably do describe me. Thank you Brad, and Seadub, what you gentlemen have said here on page 5 really makes me feel alot better. We all know I have screwed up, and I honestly hope all the newer guys here read these threads and don't make the same mistakes I did. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but atleast I'm not feeling like I'm drowning in $hit anymore. Thank you everyone. :)

For the first time in what seems like forever, I logged in to CP expecting to read more definitions thats probably do describe me. Thank you Brad, and Seadub, what you gentlemen have said here on page 5 really makes me feel alot better. We all know I have screwed up, and I honestly hope all the newer guys here read these threads and don't make the same mistakes I did. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but atleast I'm not feeling like I'm drowning in $hit anymore. Thank you everyone. :)

30 hours between your post in this thread is "like forever"?

The drama must have gone over my head.

First...

Now for my contest... the word that best decribes a BOTL! There were some great words. Cory's, Lodestar, was excellent and the early-English reference was intriguing. Friend was another great choice, thanks for that Sam (but seriously... you win way too many contests ;)). The word I like the best is simply Brother. Tom and Doug both win! 5er's heading to you guys (PM me your addy). Congrats, Brothers! :thumbs:

Thank you very much for the contest. :thumbs:

<snip> Responsibility for your community, the well being of the others around you. I'm going to send my fiver to Cory(Blue Dragon). I consider him a good friend and I love the fact that he make me re-think about what I was doing here! The high road is always more difficult but well worth the effort!
"The unexamined life isn't worth living." - Socrates

I was only speaking for myself. It has been a focus for me on this board more recently to not get caught up in drama. I'm not excusing actions .. they speak volumes. You are a good friend and have a huge heart, and your actions have shown as much. :thumbs:

I just wish more people understood they play a part, and therefore can take action and be responsible for more than just themselves. That's why I love CP. There are many people who are trying to contribute something back to CP to make it better ... a well thought out post, an auction to help the needy, exposure of fakes, informative threads, helping the NooBs ... the list goes on.

But I challenge each and every one of you that want to call CP your home to figure out how you can contribute to this community. (And a two word posts doesn't do it).

Whoo Hoo !! I'm jacked I won! :cool: :love: Thanks bud!