• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Drink Discovery For Me!

gunsandcigars88

I chose a La Aurora Emerald Tubos for a relaxing this evening. I went to the kitchen to get something to drink, and was having a hard time choosing. Nothing was sounding right for this cigar. Coffee seemed too much of an overkill. Coke just didn't fit the bill either, and I am tired of water with my cigars. Now remember I am 19 so that limits me. Opened the fridge and saw a 2 liter of cream soda sitting there. I thought that I would give it a try. I was astounded at how well these two went together. The light tasting cream soda went lovely with the Lighter tasting La Aurora. Yet it still did great at cleansing the pallet. I will definately be resorting to the cream soda plenty more times for lighter cigars.

Oh yea, and the La Aurora was great too... :thumbs: Will also have to get more of them.
B

mmmm cream soda. I'm going to have to give that one a try. :thumbs:

Was it white cream or red cream soda? The white isn't as sugary if I remember correctly, its been years since I've had any.

mmmm cream soda. I'm going to have to give that one a try. :thumbs:

Was it white cream or red cream soda? The white isn't as sugary if I remember correctly, its been years since I've had any.

It was the white (golden) cheap kind that A&W sales. I think that a Jones pure cane sugar cream soda would have been good as well.
B

I love cream soda. The two same avatars tricked me and I thought you were responding to your own thread. :D

Cream Soda is a very nice compliment to cigars. I prefer a little alcohol to be included with the cream soda, but without it, it is just as good :thumbs:

Cream Soda is a very nice compliment to cigars. I prefer a little alcohol to be included with the cream soda, but without it, it is just as good :thumbs:

Out of curiosity what type of liquor are you adding to cream soda?
B

I know it isn't quite the same but in the realm of super tasty/sweet drinks I find that root beer, barq's in particular, has become my favorite compliment to most cigars! Check it out some time.

I just may have to revisit Shirly Temples. :sign: Winston is rolling over in his grave.

Doc.

B

(Big brother suit on)

Why the hell does that matter to you?

(Big brother suit off)

I feel better now.

D

lol, Cause I have never heard of anyone mixing anything with cream soda.
B

When I don't drink a good beer, a Dr Pepper has always complimented any cigar Ive smoked.. Its a perfect match..

B

(Big brother suit on)

Why the hell does that matter to you?

(Big brother suit off)

I feel better now.

D

lol, Cause I have never heard of anyone mixing anything with cream soda.
B

Something Sour????

I will have to experiment with that one.

for a little treat try a cream soda with a little stoli vanilla vodka. it is a little sweet but dangerously good. :thumbs:

I got a bunch of my female friends hooked on the Vanilla Stoli and Diet Coke...
For a change of pace I'll have one myself.
Probably would go well with a smoke too!

-Rob

Yup same deal. wife and firends love the stoli vanil and diet coke. Agreed I imbibe in them occasionally myself but they are too sweet to make a night of them... and usually end with me taking a shot of jack to reclaim my manhood.

You guys are giving me a major flash back. I have never tried the cream soda and cigar combo, that does sound great.

As a mixer cream soda and Capt Morgans is a nice drink, as well as Dr Pepper and Capt, the spiced rum goes very well with both.

Thanks for the info though, I have two Henry Weinharts cream sodas in the frige, tomorrow I will crack one with a Padron 1964 M. :thumbs:

see ya

Mike

You guys are giving me a major flash back. I have never tried the cream soda and cigar combo, that does sound great.

As a mixer cream soda and Capt Morgans is a nice drink, as well as Dr Pepper and Capt, the spiced rum goes very well with both.

Thanks for the info though, I have two Henry Weinharts cream sodas in the frige, tomorrow I will crack one with a Padron 1964 M. :thumbs:

see ya

Mike

Sounds like a winning combination there! I love the PAM 64, I am going to have to try this as well. Let me know how it turns out!
B

When I don't drink a good beer, a Dr Pepper has always complimented any cigar Ive smoked.. Its a perfect match..

I agree, I needed something to drink while having a smoke at work, all the machine had left was Dr. Pepper. Don't usually drink it, but good with any stick.

Nick