• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New England in October...

Hi Gang!

From the Bennington Revolutionary War Monument a coupla days ago:

IMG_1860.jpg

Not too shabby. :)

Actually it's the Battle of Bennington Monument which was fought in New York during the Revolutionary war . Don't ask it's a long story. ;) It's a lot of steps up that obelisk.

feeney600.jpg

Flatlanders, they never get anything right.
Doc.

LOL!

"Bennington Battle Monument" is, I believe, the correct name. Just figured calling it what I did would make more sense to those from outside of the Northeast.

Hadn't been there since I was a kid, and was surprised to find that the stairs are closed, and the only way up is by elevator.

Freakin' Hill people... :D

Btw, Doc, we spent a night in Bristol. Pretty country...

LOL!

"Bennington Battle Monument" is, I believe, the correct name. Just figured calling it what I did would make more sense to those from outside of the Northeast.

Hadn't been there since I was a kid, and was surprised to find that the stairs are closed, and the only way up is by elevator.

Freakin' Hill people... :D

Btw, Doc, we spent a night in Bristol. Pretty country...

Let's see...HONEYMOON....you're taking the wrong type of pictures!

:laugh:

Here's a video tour of the monument. I noticed they didn't show the John Stark statue, the actual commander at the battle and a NH man, until the end. Seth Warner, Commander of the Green Mtn. Boys, is pictured first. The GMB sacrificed themselves at the Battle of Hubbarton in order to slow down the British and give Stark time to prepare.

green_mountain_boys_flag_ethan_allen_fort_ticonderoga.gif

The flag of Vt. independence.

Doc.

I won't take up too much more space with photos, but these are worth seeing, IMO...

Full Moon Over Newfound Lake:

IMG_1704-2.jpg

Canterbury, NH Moment:

IMG_1775.jpg

Bennington Sunset

IMG_1824.jpg