• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Grill Suggestions

Consumer Reports has the Nexgrill 720-0830H (Home Depot) $270 as a best buy! For that kind of money 4-5 years it's a disposable grill.

"A CR Best Buy, this midsized gas grill was Very Good overall. It was superb in preheating performance, meaning after ten minutes, you can toss burgers on the grill and they'll start sizzling. The grill was also superb in evenness when preheating, and cooking on low and high, indicating that the cooking temperatures are the same no matter where you put food on the grill. There are four burners, stainless grates, electronic igniter, and side burner. "

Thanks for the suggestions and if anyone has any other comments I'm all ears. The gas grill is on the deck outside the kitchen and my lovely wife and kids are not interested in dealing with the whole charcoal thing. They just want to walk out turn it on and grill something. I have one of those cast iron grill pans for the stove-top or gas grill. We also have a Weber kettle that I have had since summer of 1981 and is still going strong. A friend of mine runs a local fireplace and patio company that sells both Green Eggs and other brands. His house is equipped with one of the Primo models which he bought because he liked the oval shape, made in the US and is less expensive. I'm trying to talk him into getting one for me at cost (or maybe a little over), but that hasn't happened yet. So, in all likelihood we may end up with 3 on the deck. The old gas grill that is rusting into dust, has the searing station which I'm not sure is necessary and I like the idea of a side burner especially for something used mostly by the rest of the family and for frying especially odoriferous foods outside the house, heck I can't smoke a cigar in the house so why should I smell fish or bacon. I like the idea of a wood chip thing in the grill but since it might be limited in use....the girls will never use it.....if it's there fine if not it's not on the must have list of accessories.

That Uuni pizza oven looks very neat. Looks like it uses those wood pellets and I'm not 100% sold on that idea, but who knows. May have to investigate that a bit more as well.

So earlier this summer I picked up a Re-tec 700 (a pellet smoker in the lines of a Trager but in my opinion better). They recently released a Weber kettle style grill that uses pellets and from all reports gets up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit before the addition of anything like searing plates. Worth a look at I think because you’d get the benefits of gas as well as cooking on wood/charcoal. The instant on and temperature control of gas with the taste benefits of wood/charcoal. Not sure of your budget but it’s around $400. If interested it’s the Rec-Tec Bullseye.

So earlier this summer I picked up a Re-tec 700 (a pellet smoker in the lines of a Trager but in my opinion better). They recently released a Weber kettle style grill that uses pellets and from all reports gets up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit before the addition of anything like searing plates. Worth a look at I think because you’d get the benefits of gas as well as cooking on wood/charcoal. The instant on and temperature control of gas with the taste benefits of wood/charcoal. Not sure of your budget but it’s around $400. If interested it’s the Rec-Tec Bullseye.

Sounds like a nice grill but this post is 3 years old. Lol

Lol sorry bout the zombie thread resurrection. Will check the date of the post above mine from now on.

nice update.

-----
Larry's missed.

Agreed. We don’t try to resurrect old posts unless necessary but this was a nice reminder of him.