• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New guys

coventrycat86 said:
A few of my friends told me that this is the place where a true cigar is appreciated

Well, it's great to see you associate with some very knowledgealbe, and intelligent people :D :D

WELCOME, to the best cigar BB ever!!
I second that motion CC..

<seems like I've been doing that alot to your posts> Are you reading my mind?

Welcome to the board, my friend! I think you're gonna like it here! :D

Just to beat that poor dead equine again:

Newbie Trade Newbie Trade Newbie Trade!!!!

Well if there are any first time trys that anyone would care to suggest, I would love to hear it. I'm looking for a nice middle of the road cigar to start. Something maybe a bit creamy but not too sweet. I've heard that the Excaliburs were nice . . . Any help would be great.

Welcome to CP! :thumbs:

Mild, creamy cigar to start off with?

Macanudo - creamy but very very light. Can usually find one in the $5 bracket.
Hemingway - a little more mid-road for strength, but not as creamy (some still there though) Short Stories in the $5 bracket, Signatures or Classics in the $7-$10.
CAO Le` Anniversary Cammie (light brown wrapper, gold label) - light-mid strength, some cream, smooth taste. Can usally find one in the $5-$7 range.

Hope this helps!

Sam

The Excaliburs are way too light for my tastes. If you're looking for something relatively light, Jose Jimenez #1 is very good. Look at La Perla Habana or Macanudo maduros as well. Anyway, welcome aboard from one to newbie to another. :)

STAY AWAY FROM CBID!!!!! IT'S PURE EVIL!!!!!!

oh..............welcome to cp!

heh, cbid is the counterpart of cigarsinternational

sometimes you can get a steal of a deal from cbid.

else you end up overpaying.

Yeah I checked out Cbid and they seem too high for some of the samplers and five paks. I did find "jrcigars" though and they seem very reasonable and more of a selection . . .

Thanks for the referals Sam and Slim . . . think I will try those this weekend!

PS~ . . . Maduro357 needs to get back to work, cause his milking stool is lonely!