• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New humidor build

If you ever wake up and those eccj boxes are gone :whistling:

But I'll gladly give you back two sticks :sign:

The walkin closet in my home office/mancave in progress is about that size . . . 45" X 45" X 8' and I've been wanting to do something similar. Just can't seem to get anyone to come drop an A/C vent into it and run me an outlet for an Oasis yet. Yet. :whistling:

Got me all inspired now. :love:

~Boar
When you are constructing it Boar, post some pics, I love checking out builds concerning anything cigars !

If you ever wake up and those eccj boxes are gone :whistling:

But I'll gladly give you back two sticks :sign:

:laugh: But,but,where you gonna smoke 'em over here, we don't have fire escapes :sign: :sign:

Dave

I just saw the updated pics of your vault and I just about had a stroke! Man, that is one nice collection!

Oh, and on the topic of Hawaiian grub, I've heard so much about the Loco Moco but I've never had it. I gotta get a buddy of mine to cook some up for me! Spam musubi is damn awesome, btw!

LocoMoco recipe comin' right up! Loco Moco recipe

Really easy to make and any hot sauce and chili peppers will give it a nice kick!

Good God Man!!! I'll have one of everything!!

Outstanding build! I hope to one day need a room like that!

Thanks for the enjoyable read and visuals for this lazy Sunday afternoon. :thumbs:

Yeah, I have a coat closet on the north side of the house. It is adjacent to the inside heat pump unit. A vent would be an
easy do. The electrical panel is about 3 feet beyond that. That would be a straight open the door, and 16 in deep shelves
by about 3 feet wide. Someday I hope to get-er-done.

Damn, just noticed you added smokes in there. A lot of the same cigars I like to smoke.
If I am ever blessed enough to travel to Hawaii we'll have to have a smoke or two, with some fine Rum.

You got it Dan! It would be my pleasure :thumbs: Since we have the same tastes, you can leave your smokes at home and leave room in your suitcase for "gifts of Aloha" to take back.

Show us some pics from the build too! I already had an outlet relocated from above the kitchen door so extending it on the outside of the wall was one of the key things as I don't have power on that side of the garage. Since leaving the main AC on all day inside the house is not something I practice, putting it in the garage ended up being the best answer. I've taken all my desktops and put them in the room too. Tomorrow a good friend is coming over and helping me drywall and texture. Then it's just paint and put up posters or signs. I'll post pics when its complete.

I like it. It really does not matter that you didn't cut the bottom 2x4. It looks good and what did you use for the lining on the inside? Im not familiar with Leann.

In 15 1/2 more years when I retire out of the Army and plant my happy @$$ back in small-town PA and build my home where I plan to live out the rest of my born days.....I will have a walk in humidor like this. Until then I will stand in awe :love:

In all seriousness great looking walkin bro. Glad to see you took the time to do it yourself. Makes you feel proud doing something so nice. :D

I like it. It really does not matter that you didn't cut the bottom 2x4. It looks good and what did you use for the lining on the inside? Im not familiar with Leann.
Leann was this hot asian chick that did this thing with her tongue and .........nevermind, wrong story. Anyways, I used Luan sheets, which is a low grade mahogany from Home Depot. It's sold in sheets and I lined the walls with it, plus vapor barrier and pink insulation.

Very, very nice

Hey, how ya doin' Mandy! I remember discussing with you your questions about wineadors vs cabinets. I outgrew 2 and couldn't afford the other so this was my solution. Holding great humidity now and it's colder than my mother-in-laws heart! :sign:

here's the link to the other thread where I finished the project.

Humidor build

Nice job!

Looks like you've outgrown it already. ;)

Time to expand?

I have 2 questions for you:

1) With the wine coolers, we all bought Peltier systems to avoid the loss of humidity from compressor style cooling units, does the AC unit not have the same issue?

2) If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost you (not the cigars) from start to finish, materials only, and how many labor hours did it take you?

I have 2 questions for you:

1) With the wine coolers, we all bought Peltier systems to avoid the loss of humidity from compressor style cooling units, does the AC unit not have the same issue?

2) If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost you (not the cigars) from start to finish, materials only, and how many labor hours did it take you?

I hooked up a portable room dehumidifier on the floor and ran a dryer duct from the exhaust of the dehumidifier up to the front of the AC( it strips the air of humidity), shoots the dry air back up in front of the AC and it stays 68-70 degrees cold and the humidity hovers around 65%-68%. I have everything in boxes as well as lock-n-lock containers to buffer the spikes. I don't have burn problems except if I smoke a young cigar that just got in from the mainland.

Material probably ran just under a grand, and the labor spanned about a week. The drywall was done by another friend and that just took 1 night.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. :thumbs: Looks like that is the way to go if your not a gypsy. Seems very cost effective in the long run. My wife is going to REALLY like this idea. Maybe I can build while she is sleeping.... :whistling: It works when I order cigars!