• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor

Which door would you get ?

• Glass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BkCloud114

I hate Moochers !!!!!
OK guys..... I need a little input. The wife and I are getting tired of looking at the cooler which is sitting in my dining room. So it is time for a new humidor.

What would your suggestion be for the front door of the cabinet humidor. I like the glass door but that also means that the inside would have to look nice also. If I went with the wood door, it wouldn't matter what the inside looked like.

Not sure if this is the exact one I will be getting but it is in my price range.

CheapHumidors.com

Any other site for humidor cabinets would also be appreciated

BK - I've been very tempted by the same humi. Got a desktop from the same folks (great humi for the price) and for the $$ I don't think you can beat the one you have picked out. The glass door would let you admire all your fine smokes without opening it up several times a day (an issue here).... :p

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I too have been looking at it- if it wasn't for $200 shipping to Alaska I'd already have an order in!

That aside, I'm going with the wood door should I order one. Easier to put out in the mainstream areas of the house, and then I have to open it once and awile to check things- with glass, you can see in and no need to open it and get that lovely smell! :cool:

(BTW, wifely unit has already approved the purchase- I'm the one hemming and hawing!)

I voted for glass, I'm sure you dont have the problem I have... that looking in only shows how empty the humidor really is lol

Thats also the reason I love the fact my humidor has a removable top shelf. Drop twelve or so smokes on it and it hides the fact that there is only air underneath :whistling:

Hey BK,
I ordered one about 2 to 3 weeks ago without the glass door. I like the idea that it looks like a rich piece of furniture and that no one else knows (besides me and the fiance) that its a humidor. If I want to see whats inside, then I'll open the door and look though I have enough other humidors that I can see through a glass top to satisfy my curiosity.

They said mine would ship within the early part of the month so I'm doing the pee pee dance in anticipation for it.

I know Ironworker has one of these beauties. I also know he opted for the glass door. I'm wondering if the glass door allows more RH to escape or not?

Get it BK, I'm sure you won't be sorry either way :thumbs:

Darren

Swissy said:
I too have been looking at it- if it wasn't for $200 shipping to Alaska I'd already have an order in!

That aside, I'm going with the wood door should I order one. Easier to put out in the mainstream areas of the house, and then I have to open it once and awile to check things- with glass, you can see in and no need to open it and get that lovely smell! :cool:

(BTW, wifely unit has already approved the purchase- I'm the one hemming and hawing!)
[snapback]255583[/snapback]​

Hello all,

Swissy, there is a similar humidor, which I actually like a little better at Premium Humidors. They quote shipping at $40. Don't know what the shipping might be to the far north, but perhaps???

Just FYI.

BrewMeister said:
Hello all,

Swissy, there is a similar humidor, which I actually like a little better at Premium Humidors. They quote shipping at $40. Don't know what the shipping might be to the far north, but perhaps???

Just FYI.
[snapback]255615[/snapback]​

Hey Brewmeister,
Why is it that you like that premiumhumidor a little better? Did you compare its construct to the same one at Cheaphumidors? I'm just curious as to what you found out (not that it matters now that I've committed myself to buying one).

I'd love to hear your feelings on the two of them.

Darren

BkCloud114

Cabinet style humidors that I've looked into:

The one your talking about...

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...RNITUREHUMIDORS

The one BrewMeister mentioned...

http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/Item.asp?CatID=2&SubID=5

This one...

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductI...oductid=HUM-BH3

It includes a cigar Oasis XL, but only comes with a glass door for a similar price to the cheaphumidor one.

This one...

http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedirector/s...727E433A23E97BA

This one...

http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/cigar-...-furniture.html

This one...

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2672

This one...

http://www.avallohumidors.com/
People seem impressed with these.

This one...

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-THC.html
A number of people seem to have this one and are quite pleased with it, although for the price they should be!

This one...

http://www.heirloomhumidors.com/3300.html

Obviously prices keep going up and up and I'm sure there are many more available too.

I have no experience with any of them, although I'm looking into buying this style humidor as well. I'm undecided as to a glass or wood door as well. However, the glass door pictured on this page... http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-dx.htm is quite nice. But then again, so are the wood doors on that page.

Even if your not buying one of the expensive ones (I'm not right now and will probably go with one of the cheaper ones for a while - more likely the cheaphumidor one) they are nice to look at and give you ideas. Hope this helps.

Also, try some searchs on CP (and other boards) about individual ones you like.

-- Mark

PTownshend said:
Hey Brewmeister,
Why is it that you like that premiumhumidor a little better? Did you compare its construct to the same one at Cheaphumidors? I'm just curious as to what you found out (not that it matters now that I've committed myself to buying one).

Darren
[snapback]255647[/snapback]​
Hello Darren,
No I've not seen either of these, I just like the style of the one at Premium Humidors over the other one. I've just begun kicking around the idea of moving to something bigger, I might go a bit bigger than these... I like the idea of a taller unit.
3000ct.jpg

I don't like the idea of crawling around on my knees to get to the bottom of the cabinets. But thats just me.
Who knows, I still haven't decided.
Good luck with you decision.

BkCloud114 said:
OK guys..... I need a little input. The wife and I are getting tired of looking at the cooler which is sitting in my dining room. So it is time for a new humidor.

What would your suggestion be for the front door of the cabinet humidor. I like the glass door but that also means that the inside would have to look nice also. If I went with the wood door, it wouldn't matter what the inside looked like.

Not sure if this is the exact one I will be getting but it is in my price range.

CheapHumidors.com

Any other site for humidor cabinets would also be appreciated
[snapback]255571[/snapback]​

I have been looking at that same one. I like the setup of it for the size. It is about the perfect size for the stash I keep on hand. Let us know what you think if you order it.

BrewMeister said:
PTownshend said:
Hey Brewmeister,

Darren
Hello Darren,
No I've not seen either of these, I just like the style of the one at Premium Humidors over the other one. I've just begun kicking around the idea of moving to something bigger, I might go a bit bigger than these... I like the idea of a taller unit.
3000ct.jpg

I don't like the idea of crawling around on my knees to get to the bottom of the cabinets. But thats just me.
[snapback]255761[/snapback]​

That is the humidor I want. Hopefully in a few months I will have the cash flow to get it but in the mean time, I'm trying to bid on a 300 stick one to get me over till then.

I vote for the wood doors. Also, you realize that this will only hold about half of what they claim.

BK - I am in the process of getting this same humi from Dave at CheapHumidors.com - I can tell you the only option available is the wood door. The glass door will be available in March. Good news is you can add the glass door anytime, the way Dave has this humi built for him gives the ability to swap doors - it's not a cheap glass insert. Keep us posted on what you decide.

Lkyman

When i purchased mine in August, Dave had 6 glass doors available. However I chose to go with wood and voted that way as the stealth mode appeals to me. I don't want certain people knowing my habits, and I don't want people mooching over my cigars, when they really would not appreciate them.

Lkyman said:
BK - I am in the process of getting this same humi from Dave at CheapHumidors.com - I can tell you the only option available is the wood door. The glass door will be available in March. Good news is you can add the glass door anytime, the way Dave has this humi built for him gives the ability to swap doors - it's not a cheap glass insert. Keep us posted on what you decide.

Lkyman
[snapback]256037[/snapback]​

I'm in the process of getting this also. Placed my bid in on Nov. 15th and it was accepted (w/glass door). I contacted him after your post and was quoted the humidors should arrive around 12/8. When did he give you this information?

Not to worry gre8tone, my order was last week - glad to see you went with asking for a pkg deal - Dave is great to work with.

Lkyman

Lkyman said:
Not to worry gre8tone, my order was last week - glad to see you went with asking for a pkg deal - Dave is great to work with.

Lkyman
[snapback]256239[/snapback]​

Cool...Can wait to get that thing, my stash is overflowing already!

I also, placed an order with Dave. Per his email this morning, they should be arriving this week.

I also ordered the glass and according to Ironworker who received this unit from Dave (and posted on anohter thread), I believe he received both doors. The glass one came separate with his order.

If that is the case, everybody is happy!

I guess another email to Dave to confirm this cant hurt. He has been great to work with.

Mr Peat said:
BrewMeister said:
PTownshend said:
Hey Brewmeister,
Why is it that you like that premiumhumidor a little better?  Did you compare its construct to the same one at Cheaphumidors?  I'm just curious as to what you found out (not that it matters now that I've committed myself to buying one).

Darren
Hello Darren,
3000ct.jpg

[snapback]255761[/snapback]​

That is the humidor I want. Hopefully in a few months I will have the cash flow to get it but in the mean time, I'm trying to bid on a 300 stick one to get me over till then.
[snapback]255829[/snapback]​

I like the glass doors. I have two humis and both have them. You are right in that you will then probably want to take more care how things look inside your humi. However, for me, I like things tidy anyway so the glass suits me well. It gives a classy look to your humi.

Mr.Peat ~ I've been eyeing that humi as well. The two concerns I have are whether it has a good seal or not and the color. However, for the cash, it's a pretty decent deal. I've found these as low as $599 (plus probably 2 hundred for shipping). I saw one go on cigarbid a week or so ago for $610 (plus 185 for shipping). I'm also tossing around the idea of maybe building my own so I can get exactly what I want. I just don't know if I can find the time to do so (maybe this summer). :)