• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor

blacklabelbravo

Well I guess my wife felt my frustration from Thompson and the disappointment I experienced with the low quality humidor, and the even lower quality cigars. Yesterday was my birthday and my wife once again blew my mind. Since I had just decided to not use a humidor, and spend the money on better smokes. I got this killer humidor, ashtray, and 2 new smokes.

DSCF1398.jpg

I love the ashtray!!! It matches the box!

DSCF1393.jpg

FInally, my modest collection is growing!! But I need some help. I have never saw the cigar all the way to the left and she cannot remember the name of it. She told me it was like $32(verified the receipt) $15.80 and the guy at the cigar shop told her it was very great! I can't find that exact cigar on the internet any where best I get find is just the name La Flor Dominicana Ligero. It seems to have twine wrapped around each end. Any one ever had one of these?

DSCF1399.jpg

(L-R La Flor Dominicana Ligero, Cohiba Black, Benchmade Churchill, Partagas Black Label, Padron 4000 Series Maduro, and Padron 3000 Series Maduro)

Its the La Flor Dominicana Mysterio Oscuro and that is way to much for one. :(

Its the La Flor Dominicana Mysterio Oscuro and that is way to much for one. :(
When I read this my heart sank, I was about to get very upset and call the store that the took my wife for a ride like that. I found the receipt and she paid $15.80 for it. Which is on par according to a few different sites. Whew!!!

$16 for the Mysterio isn't a terrible price and it is a good cigar. For the money there are others I like better but the looks are hard to beat.

You have a great wife there!

Your new stuff looks awesome. Congrats!

Congrats on your birthday score and Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have a great wife that supports your hobby.

Enjoy,

Ken

Well Happy Birthday and congrats on the very nice looking Humi and cigars. Your wife did a very good job.

Congrats on the goodies and the birthday. Kudos to you wife for a job well done.....:thumbs:

....sure looks roomy now, doesn't it...??...;)

Congrats and happy birthday!

Be sure to season it properly before putting your cigars in it. There's a guide on CP, do a quick search and you'll find it.

Congrats and happy birthday!

Be sure to season it properly before putting your cigars in it. There's a guide on CP, do a quick search and you'll find it.

following the directions to the tee LOL...I just sat the sticks there for the pic. :laugh: Humi currently has a small dish of distilled water in the lower portion, it's been holding 70% for a few hours now.

Tonight after dinner, and a movie, I am going to fire off that Cohiba Black. I've wanted to try one for a couple months.

Congrats and happy birthday. That Oscuro wrapper is absolutely fabulous, but be sure to eat something beforehand. It packs a pretty good punch. It won't be long to you look at that little humidor that you now have stuck in the corner and use solely to store your cutters and lighters. :D

Happy (belated) birthday, and congrats on the new setup! It'll be a lot of fun filling that up!

Jeffrey L.

WOW! What a great woman. Happy Birthday and Welcome to CP.

Now season that Humidor before it ruins all your new cigars.

Happy belated birthday. It was great of your wife to treat you to a new humi and cigars. I have the same desktop humidor you do. It was also my first. Now I've an addtiional two humdiors to that, each one bigger than the previous. Enjoy the smokes.

Well I just spen $40 more and picked up another 5er for my box, and a digital hygro.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTgtMjAxMDA4MTYtMTQyMi5qcGc.jpg

Planning on ordering some beads tonight. I need the measurements of my box to calc. volume. Unless thechenman will shoot me some measurements of his (if it's like mine)

Well I just spen $40 more and picked up another 5er for my box, and a digital hygro.

Planning on ordering some beads tonight. I need the measurements of my box to calc. volume. Unless thechenman will shoot me some measurements of his (if it's like mine)

Mine is very similar, but not exactly the same. It holds about 50 cigars...give or take. The dimensions of my humidor are: [font="Arial][size="2"]
[font="Arial][size="2"][/size][/font]10 1/4" L x 8 1/2" D x 4 1/4" H[/size][/font] I think yours should be fairly close, but I would still double check...at least to the nearest inch. Good luck.

Oh...and FYI...in my desktop humidors, I tend to use Boveda packets as they take up far less space than beads. I use beads in my coolidors though...exclusively.

Mine is very similar, but not exactly the same. It holds about 50 cigars...give or take. The dimensions of my humidor are: [font="Arial][size="2"]
[font="Arial][size="2"][/size][/font]10 1/4" L x 8 1/2" D x 4 1/4" H[/size][/font] I think yours should be fairly close, but I would still double check...at least to the nearest inch. Good luck.

Oh...and FYI...in my desktop humidors, I tend to use Boveda packets as they take up far less space than beads. I use beads in my coolidors though...exclusively.

Well I ordered the 65 rh beads to cover 1050 cubic inches. I think my humi is a 75-100 count. more like these measurements. (13 1/2” x 9 1/2” x 6 1/4”)
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2633
Mine has a removable trey also.

Doing the math based on box listed above volume is ~800 cubic inches. So I'm pretty sure I got the right amount of beads.

You can never have too many beads. A little extra is more of a help than a deterrent.

Well I ordered the 65 rh beads to cover 1050 cubic inches. I think my humi is a 75-100 count. more like these measurements. (13 1/2” x 9 1/2” x 6 1/4”)
http://www.cubancraf...hp/item_id/2633
Mine has a removable trey also.

Doing the math based on box listed above volume is ~800 cubic inches. So I'm pretty sure I got the right amount of beads.