• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Member - Quick Couple of Q's

klutch130

Hello to everyone. I just joined tonight. This seemed to be a very knowledgeable and helpful community.
I've been getting into cigars a lot lately. And of course with this comes a few questions.
My questions about Cubans are quick and painless.

[My questions are strictly for informational purposes and will not be used for any illegal activity.]
[And please forgive me if they are taboo or ones that people do not answer publicly.]

- My impression from the topics on this forum discussion is that everyone has/buys/smokes Cubans.
So my question is: Does everyone have someone mail them to you or do you purchase them online/mail order?
(Again, sorry if this falls under the "asking about sources" no-no.)

-My second question is does anyone have a good list/website
that would inform me about all the legit brands/types of Cubans?

Sorry if i should not have asked these questions, but I thank everyone for their time and help.
I greatly appreciate it and look forward to learning much from everyone in the time to come.

Thanks again,

klutch

I think that there are human rights laws against buying cubans. The shipping costs would be enormous, especially if she was a really healthy one.

Cuban cigars are illegal to purchase/possess in the US. IMHO it looks like you're indirectly asking for sources which is a no-no especially for someone who joined this morning. Post an introduction to let us learn more about you, and read all the rules. Just my $.02.

Hello to everyone. I just joined tonight. This seemed to be a very knowledgeable and helpful community.
I've been getting into cigars a lot lately. And of course with this comes a few questions.

[My questions are strictly for informational purposes and will not be used for any illegal activity.]
[And please forgive me if they are taboo or ones that people do not answer publicly.]

- My impression from the topics on this forum discussion is that everyone has/buys/smokes Cubans.
So my question is: Does everyone have someone mail them to you or do you purchase them online/mail order?

Sorry if i should not have asked these questions, but I thank everyone for their time and help.
I greatly appreciate it and look forward to learning much from everyone in the time to come.

Thanks again,

klutch

You need to read and understand the conditions of joining Cigar Pass. If you would have read them then you wouldn't have posted this in the first place.

Please abide by our rules and enjoy our community as there is much to learn.

Thanks again,

klutch

You need to read and understand the conditions of joining Cigar Pass. If you would have read them then you wouldn't have posted this in the first place.

Please abide by our rules and enjoy our community as there is much to learn.

x2

As for your second question about information, try this site.

That link Mike posted is a very good reference of all current, discontinued, and special release cigar from Cuba.

Welcome to CP...don't take any crap you get here personally. We can sometimes be a little rough with newbies, but its only because we've all seen plenty of scammers, con-men, and a-holes (here and on other forums) who try to take advantage of our good nature and generosity.

So stick around, learn some, take your bumps with grace and a humble nature (even the oldest, crustiest FOG here has made some newbie mistakes he probably regrets...but we all live and learn), and you'll have a good time here! :thumbs:

Stick with NCs - no confiscations, letters (except maybe state taxes), fines, helicopters, SWAT…

Thanks again,

klutch

Question #1. Not "everyone" here has/buys/smokes Cuban cigars.
Question #2. Habanos SA website

Why is it always the people who don't bother to fill out any info in their profile, that ask these questions.

I hear helicopters.

Why is it always the people who don't bother to fill out any info in their profile, that ask these questions.

I hear helicopters.

HEY! I don't have any information in my profile other than my "location" :whistling: so BACK OFF! :laugh:

I sent the helicopters to Tulsa. :p ;)

klutch, nevermind all these pessimistic clowns. One of the reasons Cuban Cigars are illegal is that alot of them contain trace amounts of marijuana. So the risk of buying/importing these cigars is not only that they are an embargoed good, but the DEA might want to have a talk with you as well. You may see people referring to Cuban cigars here, either trading/buying/selling, but it's actually a very long running joke that we have going. The cigars are not actually Cuban cigars, they're replicas. Plus, as mentioned above, real Cuban cigars more often than not contain weed so you'll want to avoid those, especially if your job requires occasional drug testing.

klutch, nevermind all these pessimistic clowns. One of the reasons Cuban Cigars are illegal is that alot of them contain trace amounts of marijuana. So the risk of buying/importing these cigars is not only that they are an embargoed good, but the DEA might want to have a talk with you as well. You may see people referring to Cuban cigars here, either trading/buying/selling, but it's actually a very long running joke that we have going. The cigars are not actually Cuban cigars, they're replicas. Plus, as mentioned above, real Cuban cigars more often than not contain weed so you'll want to avoid those, especially if your job requires occasional drug testing.

Puff puff give, don't f*ck up the rotation.

And a B&M owner told me that all the Cuban tobacco plants died from blue mold years ago, so they're all just using imported tobacco from Honduras and the Dominican Republic, so I should just by his cheap house bundles instead because they're the same thing! :laugh:

Please read the red font b4 making post like this. No introduction and straight out Q's make me a little uncomfortable talking to you. We all have posted an intro along with filling out your profile. Please let us know who you are and what you like to do....its not only polite but what this forum is based on, a bunch of people getting to know each other and learning all they can. Thanks. :thumbs:

Please read the red font b4 making post like this. No introduction and straight out Q's make me a little uncomfortable talking to you. We all have posted an intro along with filling out your profile. Please let us know who you are and what you like to do....its not only polite but what this forum is based on, a bunch of people getting to know each other and learning all they can. Thanks. :thumbs:

Maybe you should read this Cigar Forum Guide

It is located at the top of the Introduction forum, that you posted your introduction in.

Pay attention to the 5th bullet in the DO section.

There will be others with more tenure on Cigar Pass to help this wayward soul see the light.

Tim

I realize that I sent out the impression that I was looking for sources or seeking assistance in obtaining Cuban cigars.
I understand that this forum is in no way involved in the Cuban market and that it is against the terms to seek sources or discuss the actual retailers or suppliers.
I apologize to everyone for sending out the wrong vibes here. I also now realize that some may join this site with the intent to find and shut down suppliers and consumers of the Cuban market. And, of course, I don't want to sound like a narc of fed.
My questions were worded incorrectly and I should have put more thought into what I said.
I, in no way, wanted to find any source or determine what means individuals used to obtain cigars.
I realize that I stepped on some toes and came on too strong, and I, again, do sincerely apologize.
The cliche saying, "curiosity killed the cat," would be appropriate here. I honestly probably couldn't afford to buy Cubans if I did obtain a source. lol (which I do not intend to do, just a little humor.)

So all-in-all, I do apologize to all of you. And I'll be sure to take my time and learn the ropes, as to not invade the tranquility or privacy of the community.
I thank everyone that sent me useful information and words of advice and support.
I greatly appreciate the understanding and assistance that some of you have sent my way.

Again, sorry folks. And thank you to those who I have not gotten to thank yet.
I hope everyone will forgive this little mishap, as I look forward to getting acquainted with the community.
Thanks again,
Klutch

{P.S. - I updated my profile and put up some personal information. just a sign of sincerity and seriousness. A sign of good faith.}