• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Military Ray Gun?

Apears to be another non-lethal, and effective, weapon.

Of course the temptation to "rev it up" and instantly cook people, if even possible, will be hard to surpress.

Hmm...I don't really know what I think of that. Kind of strange. From someone who actively deploys less lethal devices, there are other effective applications that deploy more readily and with ease. The new "bean bag" impact loads for shotguns are now refined and accurate, pepperballs are quite effective, and Taser International has a new "shotgun" load they are finishing up prototypes of. IMHO, this ray gun appears to need further tweaking to become a ready application.

But cigar lighter, for SURE! :thumbs:

I can't get the link to work, but if its what I think it is it was on Futureweapons one time. Though pepperballs, and bean bag loads have their place. This is going to be a large help where it can be afforded. You can't use pepper balls or bean bag loads in a crowd if there are children around. This is something that is a lot less lethal than even those are. You can still kill someone with a mis-placed shot with a bean bag, and you can trigger a bad asthma attack with a pepper ball gun. Of course you can also take an eye out, or do other bad damage with a pepper ball gun. This will take out those things, and make this a safer less lethal weapon. It will have an affect majorly in the case of a riot, but of course this is going to be something for larger cities.
B

I can't get the link to work, but if its what I think it is it was on Futureweapons one time. Though pepperballs, and bean bag loads have their place. This is going to be a large help where it can be afforded. You can't use pepper balls or bean bag loads in a crowd if there are children around. This is something that is a lot less lethal than even those are. You can still kill someone with a mis-placed shot with a bean bag, and you can trigger a bad asthma attack with a pepper ball gun. Of course you can also take an eye out, or do other bad damage with a pepper ball gun. This will take out those things, and make this a safer less lethal weapon. It will have an affect majorly in the case of a riot, but of course this is going to be something for larger cities.
B

Hmm...you're right about riot applications... :note to self: SAVE FOR SUPER-RAY GUN!:

Active Denial System

Pretty cool. Emits electromagnetic radiation around the far infrared/microwave region of the spectrum causing vibration in water molecules of the cells. I could see this perhaps being implemented in crowd control or the slow toasting of the foot of a cigar... :laugh:

I may be a bit demented, but the mindf*@k you could inflict on teenage graffiti taggers would be priceless. Every time they spray, zap the crap out of them.

Active Denial System

Pretty cool. Emits electromagnetic radiation around the far infrared/microwave region of the spectrum causing vibration in water molecules of the cells. I could see this perhaps being implemented in crowd control or the slow toasting of the foot of a cigar... :laugh:

I thought this was the same thing chrls67 had a linky to....

Active Denial System

I thought this was the same thing chrls67 had a linky to....

Yeah, I linked to the wikipedia article which describes how it works and gives some extra backround info for anyone interested. It is really cool technology.

I may be a bit demented, but the mindf*@k you could inflict on teenage graffiti taggers would be priceless. Every time they spray, zap the crap out of them.

Now that's something I wouldn't mind seeing tax payer money spent on.

Let's try and roast some coffee beans with it! :laugh:

I saw one of these at the land combat expo couple years ago there was some other awesome stuff as well you would be amazed what they can do with sound these days.